You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One thing is for sure, on the off (and I mean waaaay off) chance this actually DOES turn to be true, I'll immediately be subscribing to Winner Sports' "premium insider package" or whatever.

I assume they have something of the sort? It's actually pretty clever marketing from them. If it turns out to be made up, everyone will forget them completely. If it turns out right, they'll have established themselves as a semi-reputable source on the level of the Mail or Mirror in a lot of people's eyes, even if it was just a lucky guess.

And either way they get a lot of clicks overnight on their previously unknown website.

It still amazes me that people take to Twitter and just basically make stuff up. What is the point? I just don't get it.

Because there's enough fools that hang off their every word.  It says it all that one of the most well known ones, that got into a spot of bother with the club was a Liverpool fan's parody account.

Because there's enough fools that hang off their every word. It says it all that one of the most well known ones, that got into a spot of bother with the club was a Liverpool fan's parody account.

Duncan Jenkins, despite completely making up everything and openly taking the piss, was far more accurate than the likes of Jay Gobshite Riley. Yet still they follow.

Duncan Jenkins, despite completely making up everything and openly taking the piss, was far more accurate than the likes of Jay Gobshite Riley. Yet still they follow.

Graeme Kelly seems to be quite popular on twitter these days... Not sure he knows much.. but his tweets seem to be RT'd a lot.

People believe what they want to believe.  For some, if they're told that we haven't bid, or we have but it was derisory, or Klopp isn't being given any money, or we're definitely going to sell Coutinho, they'll jump on board and hang on to every word, so that they can get angry on the internet.    

See what pans out.  I understand some people need to feel angry about things, but it's probably healthier to wait and see where we are at the end of the transfer window.

Graeme Kelly seems to be quite popular on twitter these days... Not sure he knows much.. but his tweets seem to be RT'd a lot.

He's either a sad bellwhiff making up everything in an attempt to validate his shite existence or he is genuinely spreading knowledge that could damage our chances of making a transfer happen in an attempt to validate his shite existence and deserves a slap.

I'm going with sad bellwhiff that knows fuck all myself.

• Upvote 2

People believe what they want to believe.  For some, if they're told that we haven't bid, or we have but it was derisory, or Klopp isn't being given any money, or we're definitely going to sell Coutinho, they'll jump on board and hang on to every word, so that they can get angry on the internet.    

See what pans out.  I understand some people need to feel angry about things, but it's probably healthier to wait and see where we are at the end of the transfer window.

Suck my balls FSG apologist.

And RBL will get a lot less dosh from it.

I know, it's a bit senseless for me. I understand the importance of not showing the world your a pushover and that the club have ambitions of their own but if he's really told them that he wants to leave and we're willing to pay over the odds now they should just accept, if he didn't have a lower release clause coming into effect next season id agree slightly more with their stance because he could have another amazing season and be sold next year for £100m but it's the opposite, he'll be going for a lot less. If he doesn't hand in a transfer request very soon, he's not coming here. Our offers were fair to be fair to the club because in all reality he's only had one brilliant season in a top division, despite him looking like a world beater in the making we did offer a lot more than he's probably worth right now and they weren't willing to sell.

Move on and get someone equally as good, there's bound to a new Kante or Keita floating about in the Austrian or Belgian or French leagues somewhere! It's time for our scouts to earn their money for once instead of watching Southampton.

• Upvote 1

I know, it's a bit senseless for me. I understand the importance of not showing the world your a pushover and that the club have ambitions of their own but if he's really told them that he wants to leave and we're willing to pay over the odds now they should just accept, if he didn't have a lower release clause coming into effect next season id agree slightly more with their stance because he could have another amazing season and be sold next year for £100m but it's the opposite, he'll be going for a lot less. .

There's nothing to stop Leipzig giving him a fat payrise and upping his buyout clause to say 70million euros. Then bung his agent a juicy renewal fee.

There's nothing to stop Leipzig giving him a fat payrise and upping his buyout clause to say 70million euros.

Just him agreeing to it

A higher release fee will get him less in a signing on fee next year. If they piss him off he likely wont sign a new deal