You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

Judging players by pre season performances is very unreliable. While I do think OC is likely to get his fair share of injuries,I am not writing him,or anybody else off because of performances in meaningless friendlies. To prove how meaningless they are,I've never seen Klopp so expressionless and emotionless during these games. I am betting that changes come Sunday.

• 3 months later...
Guest Pistonbroke

The lad is starting to look good again. It sometimes takes time to get back into the groove after such a lengthy lay off due to a nasty injury, despite being match fit. Hopefully he kicks on from here, he certainly gives us better options for certain games and he's a goal threat. Lovely lad as well. 

real unexpected bonus seeing the Ox now coming into form. probably our best midfield finisher. a nice problem for Klopp to have and like others have said, great kid with a great attitude. got a big part to play this season if he can stay fit because you can see the hunger is definitely there. the long lay-off has seen to that

I said in the match thread I hope this run of scoring form isn't just a purple patch, as he's never been known for scoring a lot of goals (Could be down to the position he played at Arsenal) but if he could become a consistent 10+ a season man, it be pretty awesome for us.

27 minutes ago, Elite said:

I said in the match thread I hope this run of scoring form isn't just a purple patch, as he's never been known for scoring a lot of goals (Could be down to the position he played at Arsenal) but if he could become a consistent 10+ a season man, it be pretty awesome for us.

He's in a better position and style of play here than he was at Arsenal. If he stays fit there's every chance he'll produce.

Remind me of Luis Garcia.

Not in the style, as they're very different players.

But Luis Garcia would be very frustrating to watch and then BOOM - a moment of brilliance.

Ox has been like that for me this season.  Sloppy passing, poor first touches & trying too hard at times.

However he's producing game winning moments and I'd be starting him vs City.  If ever there's a team that suits Ox - it's City as they won't park the bus - they'll be space & he can exploit it as he has in the past.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

If he chips in with half of that and a couple are important goals it would be plenty in his role. For me if he was this seasons Shaqiri and was able to turn a couple big games coming off the bench - nice.

I genuinely forgot about Shaqiri...

16 minutes ago, LF:D said:

Remind me of Luis Garcia.

Not in the style, as they're very different players.

But Luis Garcia would be very frustrating to watch and then BOOM - a moment of brilliance.

Ox has been like that for me this season.  Sloppy passing, poor first touches & trying too hard at times.

However he's producing game winning moments and I'd be starting him vs City.  If ever there's a team that suits Ox - it's City as they won't park the bus - they'll be space & he can exploit it as he has in the past.

Shaqiri is a closer comparison to Garcia, I'd say.

1 hour ago, alles ist gut said:

Which one do you think would be better at Hungry Hungry Hippos?

Alex seems quicker with his hands and eyes than Emre. Alex would win.