You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

I thought he had retired to work as a nightclub promoter in Amsterdam before he got the recent call up.

He was I think Cloggy, in the Shitweg - a four room shitfest, showcasing varying levels of shit football palarva ranging from totally underwhelming shitness, to down right Babel shit. 

AOC is the DJ. 

Portugal beat Switzerland 2-0 to pip the Swiss to first place in the group and qualify automatically. The Swiss go into a 2-legged play-off, having won 9 out of 9 group games before tonight. If they fail to qualify now, that would certainly be gutting for them.

The Dutch have failed to qualify despite winning 2-0 against Sweden.

Slovakia are also out despite finishing runners-up in England's group. That's because they got the fewest points of any of the 9 teams that finished group runners-up (results against the group's bottom sides don't count when deciding which teams qualify for the play-off stage).

• Upvote 1

The Irish are the same as they were under Jack Charlton, low on quality but fight like fuck, and I used to love them for it!

I suppose I should thank Brian Kerr for destroying my last vestiges of support for an international team.

Under Charlton,they had some absolutely outstanding players. Their current team is absolute cack bar Coleman. I'd cheer for them over any international team until the day the Scouse Republic is declared though. The irish are a boss people even if mrs brown boys is a stain on their nation and o'neill's brand of football makes fat sam look like the architect of total football.

I follow underage football and there are some very good irish lads knocking around so maybe they might have a good future.

Not quite sure what's gone wrong with Chile. It might be a case of over-reliance on the old guard who've been there since before 2010. These guys have done really well for them in the past but maybe don't have the legs or the desire anymore. Argentina have got themselves out of a bind on the last day (again) but they don't look like they'll be addressing the real issues with their squad before the World Cup. After going trophyless for so long, they are even relinquishing their best-of-the-rest title.

The USA were having a terrible campaign even before the disastrous final day. Losing to the bottom side and ending up second from bottom in a qualifying zone where they should be one of the two guaranteed qualifiers should lead to an inquest at the very least. It's not even close to being the USA's biggest fuck-up in the last 12 months though.

Well done to Panama who qualified despite being shit. Peru or New Zealand will join them, as will either Australia or Honduras.

So did Brazil play Coutinho and Firmino in their 'dead rubber' and have all the papers gone on and on about it and how it risks upsetting Klopp, how it is so unfair so close to the game Saturday etc etc....

You know how they have over Lukaku?...

I don't know whether you're actually asking this but Firmino came on for Coutinho after 86 minutes

I don't know whether you're actually asking this but Firmino came on for Coutinho after 86 minutes

I was genuiely asking I did not know if he had played last night....so Coutinho has played pretty much two full games this week then for Brazil - both dead rubbers.

I await the media storm about it ala the one surrounding Lukaku this week.