You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man U at Mordor (A) 4pm. 15/1/2017 Fuck off Mourinho no more from Trumo

Bjornebye

The losers mentality has gradually seeped in over the years, it's now utterly pervasive.

I could understand it if Hodgson was still managing us or even Rodgers, but not under Klopp. There's been plenty to enjoy even lately. We beat Manchester City less than two weeks ago, FFS.

Guest Pistonbroke

I could understand it if Hodgson was still managing us or even Rodgers, but not under Klopp. There's been plenty to enjoy even lately. We beat Manchester City less than two weeks ago, FFS.

Fans just swing back and forth along with the runs teams put together. It wasn't that long ago they were all writing off Spurs the Mancs and Arsenal, a good run later they just swing the other way. 

Guest Pistonbroke

True enough. A Leicester equaliser would be pretty useful.

Hopefully, not exactly an exiting game though, in fact I switched the shit off. 

Indeed, probably why our home games have the atmosphere of a none league team at times. I can understand their anxieties but we are still in a healthy position with plenty to play for. 

We are beating the teams around us and that's the most important thing. Win tomorrow and that form we have shown first half of the season can easily return. So long as Klopp believes in the team so will I. 

I think we're going to get absolutely destroyed. United are in red hot form, while we're coughing and spluttering like an old banger that's running on fumes, because FSG drove right past the only petrol station for 100 miles as it was 2p a litre more than they wanted to pay.

• Upvote 2

I think we're going to get absolutely destroyed. United are in red hot form, while we're coughing and spluttering like an old banger that's running on fumes, because FSG drove right past the only petrol station for 100 miles as it was 2p a litre more than they wanted to pay.

Fucking hell, all hope is lost because just 14 days into the transfer window, the owners havent bought a world class striker \ midfield \ defender \ keeper.

What a fucking joke some people are if they think just because we havent bought anyone yet is going to lead to a dry bumming by manchester united tomorrow (the 15th day of the window).

Fucking hell, all hope is lost because just 14 days into the transfer window, the owners havent bought a world class striker \ midfield \ defender \ keeper.

What a fucking joke some people are if they think just because we havent bought anyone yet is going to lead to a dry bumming by manchester united tomorrow (the 15th day of the window).

15th day?

We failed to make the required signings last summer, not this January.

The losers mentality has gradually seeped in over the years, it's now utterly pervasive.

you know what you are right...and i hold my hands up on that score - but...

it is pretty understandable when we have sat and watched this club not win the title for nearly 30 years and win next to fuck all in the last 10 years - but probably even worse than that is watching us fail to kick on everytime we have looked ready to really do so through a combination of bad decisions, rotten luck and bottling performances when it really matters.

2014 was of course a hammer blow for us all and hurt like fuck but when it all cleared i for one thought 'ok all champions have to go close first so come on now lets kick on' but then the way we managed to go from being a hairs breadth from being champions to 6th next season and our activity in the transfer market in doing so hurt even more for me and sums us up as a club perfectly.

It is a case of so many times bitten...

• Upvote 1

Their defense is composed of average players and their attack isn't actually all that strong. The problem is their midfield. It's better than ours and all three players are very comfortable on the ball. We'll have to outwork them and win the 50/50's or else they will dominate the game. 

The thing that stands out for me is that none of our rivals have matched the brilliant attacking football we've produced in the first half of the season. A couple of iffy performances have made people forget just how outstanding we've looked for most of the season. We are currently a better side than United and can certainly win there. If we match their intensity we will win or at least get a draw. This is klopps team now, just look at his record against mourinho! Not many managers can match that (just ask wenger). Don't worry about form, it doesn't matter when it comes to these games. I'm expecting a big performance tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

15th day?

We failed to make the required signings last summer, not this January.

We signed what we thought was a quality 'keeper.

Also signed a quality centre back, quality midfielder, and a quality attacker.

What more were you looking for?

• Upvote 1

The thing that stands out for me is that none of our rivals have matched the brilliant attacking football we've produced in the first half of the season. A couple of iffy performances have made people forget just how outstanding we've looked for most of the season. We are currently a better side than United and can certainly win there. If we match their intensity we will win or at least get a draw. This is klopps team now, just look at his record against mourinho! Not many managers can match that (just ask wenger). Don't worry about form, it doesn't matter when it comes to these games. I'm expecting a big performance tomorrow!

I actually think we are well capable of doing to United what we have to much better teams - Chelsea, Arsenal, City - this season.

Mind you, being positive on this thread is very much a minority activity. I imagine that for some posters the only light in their homes, in their lives, is the one that beams from their PC monitors or iPhones. Gloom loving fuckers.

Guest Pistonbroke

We signed what we thought was a quality 'keeper.

Also signed a quality centre back, quality midfielder, and a quality attacker.

What more were you looking for?

Captain Sensible he isn't. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Regardless of how you spin it to yourself about how shit you think the Mancs are ... they're not. They could fuckin steamroll us tomorrow.

They've scored more than 2 goals in the PL only 4 times this season. 3-1 v Bournemouth, 4-1 v Leicester, 3-1 v Swansea and 3-1 v Sunderland. 

The chances of us being steamrollered are pretty slim. 

Regardless of how you spin it to yourself about how shit you think the Mancs are ... they're not. They could fuckin steamroll us tomorrow.

They've not actually steamrolled any of the top 6 teams this season though have they. They're not shit nor are they great, and it's not unreasonable to think we can beat them.