You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

I'd like to see us sign Pulisic, Dahoud and Sule or Tah.

Pulisic to offer some pace as a back up to Mane, though he also has a good all round game, especially for his age, and would fit very nicely into what Klopp is doing here.

Dahoud to come into the midfield and offer us a controlling presence there, though obviously the midfield is currently performing much better than most anticipated this season. If we sign Dahoud, we might expect a 'big' casualty in the midfield, with someone unexpected to be sold. Then again, hopefully we'll have champions league football to look forward to next season so we will need a couple more players.

We apparently made an offer for Sule in the summer but he wanted to stay in the Bundesliga and play week in week out. He wasn't sure if he would start regularly at Liverpool. He's a big unit but doesn't have a lot of pace. If we're going to play a high line then Tah might be better, as he's also a big unit but he offers more pace than Sule. Matip and Tah at the back would be ace. We could press the opposition and squeeze the life out of them, ala Hull; but if they decided to go over the top to escape the press, this defensive pairing would have the pace and muscle to meet that challenge too. They would also be very good defending set pieces.

Three signings, all from the Bundesliga, would do me. If we could get Pulisic in January to offer cover for Mane, who will be at the ACN, then all well and good, but the others can wait until summer.

Oh, and a fullback too, but I'm not sure who.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to see us sign Pulisic, Dahoud and Sule or Tah.

Pulisic to offer some pace as a back up to Mane, though he also has a good all round game, especially for his age, and would fit very nicely into what Klopp is doing here.

Dahoud to come into the midfield and offer us a controlling presence there, though obviously the midfield is currently performing much better than most anticipated this season. If we sign Dahoud, we might expect a 'big' casualty in the midfield, with someone unexpected to be sold. Then again, hopefully we'll have champions league football to look forward to next season so we will need a couple more players.

We apparently made an offer for Sule in the summer but he wanted to stay in the Bundesliga and play week in week out. He wasn't sure if he would start regularly at Liverpool. He's a big unit but doesn't have a lot of pace. If we're going to play a high line then Tah might be better, as he's also a big unit but he offers more pace than Sule. Matip and Tah at the back would be ace. We could press the opposition and squeeze the life out of them, ala Hull; but if they decided to go over the top to escape the press, this defensive pairing would have the pace and muscle to meet that challenge too. They would also be very good defending set pieces.

Three signings, all from the Bundesliga, would do me. If we could get Pulisic in January to offer cover for Mane, who will be at the ACN, then all well and good, but the others can wait until summer.

Oh, and a fullback too, but I'm not sure who.

Do we need more midfielders and cb's though? Especially unproven. I think he likes Lovren & Matip, and Klaven's got the experience we needed and has looked more than good enough to stay in the team if required. Ive never seen Pulisic so can't comment, but if we get him, id still like a Reus level of singing for the left hand side alongside a LB and a Griezman type of forward. 

Do we need more midfielders and cb's though? Especially unproven. I think he likes Lovren & Matip, and Klaven's got the experience we needed and has looked more than good enough to stay in the team if required. Ive never seen Pulisic so can't comment, but if we get him, id still like a Reus level of singing for the left hand side alongside a LB and a Griezman type of forward. 

So just Pulisic, Reus and Griezmann for you then?

• Upvote 1

Pulisic played against us for Dortmund

Interesting to hear that Klopp's favourite player is David Silva, and perhaps tells us a lot about what sort of players he's likely to target in January, if any.

An out and out striker doesn't seem to be something he values too highly. I suppose the lack of game time for Sturridge, Origi, and Ings just goes to evidence that further.

Dahoud is a player very similar to David Silva. About 1 goal in 5 for Silva over his career, but obviously more strings to his bow than that.

With the increasing problems faced by Leicester and West Ham, I wonder if Klopp is taking an interest in Mahrez or Payet?

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Michail Antonio. Hard-working, gets in on the goals, good in the air, can play as a winger or even full back.

Another one I think we should look at is Ross Barkley. Everton might be willing to sell considering his form, but I think he needs a change of club and a manager to get him fitter and more involved in games.

That's the beauty of Klopp's game. He can turn average players into massive stars, the missing ingredient is usually fitness. Barkley is such a talent that he should be involved in the game at all times, whereas he lacks the fitness to do that, so spends vast periods of the game on the fringes, and when he does get it he hasn't got the explosiveness to make it count.

Nice tackle and pass last night by Dahoud against Barca for Gladbach's goal in the CL.

The lad is quality and would look great in our midfield.

Went back and watched the game, keeping an eye out for him.

Absolutely excellent player, would be a tremendous buy.  People always talk about Coutinho playing in midfield, forgetting that while he's great on the ball he's a bit lightweight off it to play in midfield.  Dahoud gives you that vision and technique on the ball but has the steel and guile to be top-class off the ball as well.

Not sure we could do it in January but even if we have to wait until the summer he'd be a great buy.  Wonder how much we'll have to spend in this window, could be a decent amount there for Klopp after we actually made money in the summer.