You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

For who?

It's easy to be vague about everything 'he's conceded 5 goals', 'maybe they weren't his fault', 'damning statistics' *shakes fist*.

How many were directly attributable to him, we've only conceded 5 goals it's not that arduous a task to go back over, it's not half a season worth of goals people have to work through.

He might get more leeway if he wasn't letting in a goal every other shot on target last season for the whole campaign.

I've not watched the Burnley game and don't intend to go near any footage of that shitfest tbh.

We have conceded 5 goals Kal-El. Not all his fault but he is still shite.

Sarcasm mate

The link posted about not wanting a keeper said that he started solid

While i dont think every goal has been his fault id gladly never see him start again. Still wouldn't sugn a keeper as Karius will be back within weels

He's not the best keeper in the world but if we sold Mignolet he'd have no problem getting regular first team football at another Premier League club. Our direct replacements for Clyne (Randall or Alexander-Arnold), Can (Stewart) and Mane (Ojo) are Championship level at best, at least on current ability.

How hard can it be to find a solid LB. Christ, there's probably some in the Championship that would do a job. George Friend from Boro would walk into our team. I actually think with Klopp can sort Moreno, or at least get him back to a level where someone will give us good money for him, but playing him when he's stinking the joint out isn't helping and neither is playing a wide midfielder there.

I don't think Moreno is the main worry though. Our main priority is a ball winner. Can will come boss under Klopp's but we've got no one in there to take games by the scruff and dictate the tempo for everybody else. It's getting to the point now where I'd sooner we played Can and Stewart/Lucas because at least you know they'll try and win the ball back. I wouldn't be surprised if Grujic was in the team by Christmas though.

I don't buy into all that "there was nothing the keeper could do about that" nonsense. Stand in a different place, anticipate the danger etc. Their job is to stop goals so every goal conceded is directly attributable to the goalie.

Exactly. Most premier league keepers would've saved that shot by Oxlade Chamberlain. The deflection was only slight, he could've parried it past the post. Instead he just knelt down waiting to collect the ball like a gobshite.

Exactly. Most premier league keepers would've saved that shot by Oxlade Chamberlain. The deflection was only slight, he could've parried it past the post. Instead he just knelt down waiting to collect the ball like a gobshite.

Fully agree. He was sweeping his knee over his left leg. Not fully to blame, but a top keeper would have done a lot better with it deflection or not.

I would say that the Calum Chambers goal was the only one of the five that I could have seen any top keeper saving. The Ox one was past him before he could even twitch and two of the other three have come through Klavan's legs.

The Vokes goal looked very saveable, but he'd committed his body weight in the other direction when the shot came.

Liverpool have made an £11m offer for Christian Pulisic, Borussia Dortmund's 17-year-old winger.

Barrett and Joyce.

Wow. For what it's worth, I think if a player like Ibe goes for 15m then Pulisic is worth 11m. He's got great raw ability and would probably be ready to contribute right away as well as Tuchel has already given him lots of playing time.

I'd be surprised if they accepted though.