You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 Round Up (Days 9-11)

tlw content

euroroundup5.jpg

In the absence of the Dutch the Belgians took up the mantle of "biggest bunch of infighting prima donnas" at the tournament and had been at each other’s throats since losing to Italy last week, but it seems they’re all pals again now after beating the Irish.

Courtois kept his place despite what was described as a ‘furious altercation’ with coach Marc Wilmots last week, but let’s face it, Courtois would have had to murder Wilmots’ entire family before he lost his place to Mignolet.

Belgium had the better of the first half against the Irish but chances were few and far between. A refereeing decision changed the course of the game though as Shane Long got kicked in the head in the box but nothing was given and Belgium went straight up the pitch and scored through Lukaku.

In fairness, it could have gone either way but it was a difficult one for the ref to give because Alderweireld cleared the ball first and it was his follow through that caught Long, who hadn’t really gone for the ball and turned his back. I’d be pissed off if I was Irish, but I don’t think I’d have given a pen for that either. Sorry.

With Ireland now having to leave the encampment they'd set up at the edge of their own box, the game opened up for Belgium and they had chances galore. Witsel headed a second and Lukaku scored again to make it 3-0 after some woeful play by Ciaran Clark once again. The better team won, but if the ref had saw that Long incident differently then who knows.

There was some wonderful shithousery from Jeff Hendrick in this one though. Belgium were on the attack and a second ball came on the pitch well away from the play, so Hendrick passed it straight to where Hazard was dribbling to force the ref to stop the game. It cost him a yellow card, but full marks for creativity.

There was an Ireland fan dressed as Bishop Brennan. Why the hell would you do that? You’re just begging to have complete strangers line up to kick you up the arse.

This is just a teaser. click here to view the full article

Please note that Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

Can't believe I only found about this now. Just to prove how much of a cock Courtois is, he did a John Terry on De Bruyne

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2839328/Kevin-Bruyne-s-ex-girlfriend-Caroline-Lijnen-reveals-cheated-Thibaut-Courtois.html

P.S. When I say "A John Terry" I mean the girlfriend stealing bit. Not one of the countless other shit bastard things he's done.

I agree on pretty much all that. Hate on and laugh at Ronaldo - tick, England strangely good, but likely to be held back by Hodgson - tick, Xavi being like a Spanish Joe Allen - tick, Wales fans needing to man the fuck up - tick!

Why aren't you watching the ressies anymore Dave?