You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hillsborough - BBC 2 - Sunday 8th - 21:00

Lario

New 2 hour documentary this Sunday.

Synopsis.

"Documentary on the Hillsborough disaster. Witness interviews show the horror of the day and expose the failures of the police and press in the wake of the tragedy".

Get it watched/recorded.

• Upvote 1

Hardest thing I've ever had to watch, and there's still over an hour left.

The incompetence, the absolute fuckin incompetence of those who where supposed to be in charge makes me shake with anger. I've never been this angry about it before, just numb. But how the fuck did they not see the obvious and act on it?

Fuck.

Felt just about every emotion going watching that.. Lord only knows what those families have gone through the past 27 years.

I hope every last person responsible for the tragedy and the lies and smears following, feel the full force of the courts.

"Justice delayed is Justice denied." - Prof. Phil Scraton.

Yet more truth there. So many people died in the disaster, and so many more people died in the following 27 years because they could not cope with the heartache, the sense of helplessness and the knowledge that the reality of that day was being covered up by an arse-covering agenda.

I've got a spare bottle of bubbly in the fridge.

I was thinking of saving it for a possible Basle victory. However, I'm thinking of keeping it for when that Paul Middup cunt pops his clogs. Horrible, sub-human scumbag.

Every aspect of Hillsborough and it's cover up still shocks me, but Paul Middup, jeez, he never ceases to astound me with his vile venomous comments and clear contempt for the victims. It makes you wonder if the man had/has mental health issues, absolute poison spewing from his every pore. Disgusting excuse for a human being.

• Upvote 1

Cried my eyes out again, hit home like it was just happening again. To think the pain and suffering those families have endured for over a quarter of a century. Prosecutions must follow, no retirements on full pensions, more like prison sentences.

Lad I grew up with never ever got over it, some years later he killed himself. Bright, handsome cocky lad, great footballer and all round cool dude. The pain and memories caused him to just give up.

Proud of those families and sad some never got to see their work vindicated.

• Upvote 1

I fell asleep after an hour due to lack of it the night before because of severe pain and hours in hospital , this was bad as id been waiting all evening to come home so I really hope there's a repeat , especially after messaging quite a few here that people should watch this , doubt I could of watched it other than on my own due to my tears sadness and rage. Due to current incapacity someone brings my paper around , I was urging him to watch out but had to stop as I was getting upset just saying that. Truly harrowing .

One thing, if the line of police across the pitch was to prevent Forest fans from attacking the fans on the pitch thinking that it was hooliganism, why were the coppers facing the Leppings Lane end?

Besides the harrowing scenes and welling up of anger, hurt and sadness the one thing that hits me is the real call to action of the fans and the complete opposite of the SYP. As Phil Scraton says, police act on orders and there was no direction from above to save lives or assist families and friends on the day and the only direction after was to discredit and hurt them.

Truly awful people at the top of both SY and Midlands police.

I noticed that the BBC disappointingly cut a really good part of that copper's interview (Martin McLoughlin - seemed a really good bloke).

I have tried to edit the bit I mean and add it below - so you can see what he said in full. For some weird reason you have to click the play button twice. Hope it works.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/7973528

(I'll try to find some way of embedding it).

• Upvote 2

I noticed that the BBC disappointingly cut a really good part of that copper's interview (Martin McLoughlin - seemed a really good bloke).

I have tried to edit the bit I mean and add it below - so you can see what he said in full. For some weird reason you have to click the play button twice. Hope it works.

It seems very strange they would cut out a part were a police officer talks about the law. you would imagine he would know more than most

Thanks for sharing that. It seems obvious to me why that was cut, considering there are active investigations regarding the police's actions with the potential for charges to be brought.

It's a shame it was cut, but I think it's right that it was.

I know there have been documentaries before and a film but this is defining and needs to be watched. Anyone who can watch that documentary and can still in anyway blame the fans is simply evil.

I watched about half of it on iPlayer last night before I nodded off, and I completely agree with that assessment.  That's the most revealing program I've ever seen about the disaster, with footage I'd never seen before.  My 12 year old lad watched some of it with me and he was as shocked as I was.  People who don't understand why the families of the 96 wouldn't just quit and pipe down should watch this, then consider what their own reactions would be if their loved ones were put through that.

• Upvote 1

It was an excellent, if harrowing , documentary. I found it very hard to watch the accounts of the people that went to Leeds to see their deceased loved ones in the makeshift mortuary and the callous way they were treated and pressed about whether they drank . The poor woman that wasn't allowed to hold her dead son and told the body was the property of the Coroner was just heart wrenching.

The sad truth is that justice delayed is justice denied and whilst we should celebrate the verdicts it makes me very angry that the majority of the people that lied and perverted the course of justice will probably escape punishment, Duckinfield will rightly get his comeuppance but many of the others that backed him up knowing that he lied from the outset to cover the fact he froze on the day will not or are dead themselves. 

Oh and Jack Straw is a fucking spineless cunt.    

Sad and incredibly moving documentary that shows the BBC for all it's recent failings with its political content can still make brilliant television.

Have to be honest though I don't think I ever feel as much anger as when I have to listen and see that odious twat Paul Middup's face, an utterly soulless nasty evil man.

What annoys me is the fact that the Taylor report was done and dusted in 1989 yet nothing happened. Then a 27 year wait to confirm what we already knew with a few altered police statements and medical reports thrown in. No one went to prison, no one was prosecuted for negligence despite the ground having a similar thing happen in 1981 and no one was prosecuted for holding a game at avenue that had no safety certificate.

I was thinking while the police were giving their interviews that yes it must have been bad for the ones who genuinely tried to help but if you knew it was all bullshit and your statements had been amended why not blow the whistle on the fuckers covering everything up?. Especially when everything was reinvestigated and that there was no "new" evidence?. Most of them have left the police force and had been for some time.

• Upvote 3

I was thinking while the police were giving their interviews that yes it must have been bad for the ones who genuinely tried to help but if you knew it was all bullshit and your statements had been amended why not blow the whistle on the fuckers covering everything up?. Especially when everything was reinvestigated and that there was no "new" evidence?. Most of them have left the police force and had been for some time.

It's the same dilemma faced by whistleblowers the world over. Worries over job security, future employment opportunities elsewhere, dealing with possible threats to yourself and your loved ones, loyalty to close friends within the organisation, etc. In this case, the fear of having your life be ruined for coming forward outweighed the, I guess moral duty, to ensure that the corruption be exposed.

• Upvote 1

The original coroner- Stefan Popper. Exceptionally punchable man. I can only admire how loved ones and relatives kept there dignity and composure when hearing cretins like this man speak.......

They had been through hell and were then faced with a series of low life scumbags who sneered at and accused everyone they could, when the only crimes committed were by those in authority and sitting in positions of judgement