You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - League cup final

Sugar Ape

Guest Pistonbroke

Said it before and I'll say it again, lesser managers at so called lesser teams can find solid keepers and defenders and a functional midfield, in our current position that will be a god send. I believe Klopp can achieve that relatively cheaply. Then any big money can be spent in attack. Hopefully as we improve the tinkering can be done and money can be put towards upgrading in defence and midfield. Takes time and nouse, I think Klopp has both.

We are Liverpool Mike, nothing comes cheap. Klopp may find a few players who are willing to come but it will be for higher wages than they are now on and their clubs will realise they are dealing with us and our resident fuckwit Ayre. If we want to challenge we need to bring in a few proven players and I just can't see our owners giving Klopp the money he would need to achieve that, plus trying to attract proven players in difficult when you have no CL football. 

Having said that a lot might depend on which players Klopp can offload and for how much. That is going to be harder than bringing players in imo. A lot of these shit cunts just mirror today's working society, happy to rob wages for doing as little as possible. 

Klopp will get us there if backed, even if it takes 2 or three windows, but will the owners back him before his patience wears thin? We have a very good manager, I'm not so confident about the owners. 

Man City's game plan was terrific. They just allowed us the ball because they knew that our dreadful midfield wouldn't create anything and then in the 2nd half they turned it on when we got tired of pressing. They could have easily scored 4.

You can't keep winning penalty shootout's for ever and in the end the deserving team won.

• Upvote 1

Man City's game plan was terrific. They just allowed us the ball because they knew that our dreadful midfield wouldn't create anything and then in the 2nd half they turned it on when we got tired of pressing. They could have easily scored 4.

You can't keep winning penalty shootout's for ever and in the end the deserving team won.

Yer ma.

• Upvote 1

Belgium. You can't even say that it's let you down because it's your fault if you are stupid enough to rely on it. Shitty part of the world, basically the arsehole bits of France and Holland that France and Holland didn't want. Shit land, shit people. Everything over-rated, from chemical-filled lager to monk piss beer to goalkeepers to medieval-styled towns to arrogant human beings

Fuck Belgium and all those who sail in her

NP just granted you a knighthood sainthood suck treat one free Heineken when you're in town.

On the coach back just now.

Really disappointed, no recriminations

From me, we know we're not quite good enough but we took the oil barons to the wire and being able to go mental for our goal was worth the journey alone.

My only gripe is you should never hold your best pen takers to the end because like today you mightn't get there. It' criminal we lost the shoot out without Milner taking one but there you go.

Anyway only 4 more hours to get home.

Iron Maiden on the iPod it is.

its a difficult one, Your best pen taker nails a huge pressure pen although I take your point.

Id have had money on Lucas to score. Not so certain about Coutinho. I dont think Id have had Lallana up for one but if like stevie nic, he was up for it......

Matip is coming. Grujic is coming. Obviously Grujic is young, so I don't expect a lot of him yet, but I bet he's at least solid when he gets a game. 

It remains to be seen what else we do. A new goalie, hopefully Ter Stegen, behind Matip - a fast defender who is good in the air, and all of a sudden, we look much better back there. 

I'm hoping we can get Sane in the summer - pace, strength, goals... from the wide forward position. 

I haven't got a clue who the new striker should be. The most certain I can be is in saying Benteke is not a good fit and so he should be moved on. After that Sturridge is injury prone, and I suspect Origi will grow into an important player for us under Klopp. But it's all still a but precarious up front and we don't have enough goals there. Maybe if we sign Sane (I know he is a wide forward) Klopp might actually persist a bit more with Origi and he could become more of a main man for us? 

It's a tricky situation. I'm hoping we sign someone to go straight to the top of the class. It will be an interesting summer. 

Yep, mignolet's effort on their goal was every bit as bad as reina with ramires' opener for chelsea in the 2012 cup final.

Although he redeemed himself with later saves during the game, the damage was done, dont conceed a goal to a stupid mistake or rather slothness and coutinho wins it in normal time. He reminds me of gary sprake at lids back in the 60's, a keeper prone to mistakes that ultimately cost his team dearly.

I'd like to see Lucas stay in defence like today, he won nearly every fucking ball in the air. I dont know why fans only chant for sahko in this team.  Toure's done nothing wrong since giving that lardarse ex bluenose at west brom the opportunity to score but, he can only be a squad player if he stays beyond this season.

I dont get why moreno still plays if Im honest. He's a pen in waiting every game and Id have flanno ahead of him even though he's a right back. Fuck me, people say Lucas gives away needless fouls but this lad is head and shoulders above him on that score.

milner is just too slow. Boss pen taker but his frees and corners nearly always hit the first man FFS. Can is another, fannies about with the ball at his feet them doesnt know what to do giving the oppos the chance to nick the ball off him. Coutinho has to stay. Lallana, meh.

Firmino needs to learn to stop being a pussy in the English game. Did his little flicks mesmerise players in the bundesliga because they dont here. A good player in there if he 'mans up'!

Sturridge was a mega disappointment today. OK he's coming back from a long lay off but its a cup final for fucks sake. If you're not prepared or able to bust a gut in that game when would you? City were clearly scared of him because he was surrounded by city players like flies on shit whenever the ball came anywhere near.

Im not sure Klopp needs to spend big though. If he or his coaches can identify players better than we have, the club should go head andsign them and hopefully not rely on this crap committee.

Always disappointing to lose a cup final, even the mickey mouse ones, more so when a lottery winning club like city who were 3rd division shite not too long ago now look to have more chance of winning the Champions League than we do of winning the Prem.

At least we have Klopp for now and even if we dont win much under him, Im along for the ride but fuck me, football nowadays is a real heart breaker in more ways than you can possibly imagine.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Two eldest kids just got back from down the City over here in Bielefeld. They had to leave just as extra time started as they were meeting mates for a meal in a Chinese restaurant before going to the cinema. The owner of the restaurant had the game on in the kitchen and was a Liverpool fan. He said they could watch the penalty shoot out in the kitchen with him and they said they were all huddled around this small LCD screen cheering us on, although it was short lived after Lucas and then Coutinho missed. Kinda cheered me up listening to it.