You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

Fair point mate, I was very pissed that I missed that game and I may have had a different impression if I saw it live and the whole 90 minutes.

All I know from what I heard and saw about it it didn't sound like proof of a great change happening, I don't expect that to happen after 3 days on the training field anyway so it's not me criticising Klopp just being realistic.

I think people are looking at the bigger picture, as opposed to 90 mins at White Hart Lane.

• Upvote 5

Fair point mate, I was very pissed that I missed that game and I may have had a different impression if I saw it live and the whole 90 minutes.

All I know from what I heard and saw about it it didn't sound like proof of a great change happening, I don't expect that to happen after 3 days on the training field anyway so it's not me criticising Klopp just being realistic.

You're right. If he has not made a lasting change in 3 days he is never going to do it. Get rid now before its too late.

• Upvote 1

Oh, things have changed. Bit early to say whether they have changed utterly, but things have changed. From Football365 (apologies if anyone else has posted this):

Using Opta tracking data, the following lists indicate the number of players for each side who covered more than ten kilometres during a match.

Brendan Rodgers’ last weekend in charge of Liverpool:

7 – West Ham
6 – Manchester City
5 – Bournemouth, Southampton, West Brom, Norwich, Sunderland, Arsenal
4 – Aston Villa, Stoke, Chelsea, Newcastle, Leicester, Manchester United, Swansea, Tottenham
3 – Watford, Crystal Palace, Everton
2 – Liverpool

Jurgen Klopp’s first weekend in charge of Liverpool (data for Sunday and Monday’s games not yet available):

8 – Liverpool
6 – West Brom
5 – West Ham, Everton, Manchester United, Bournemouth, Tottenham, Arsenal, Sunderland
3 – Aston Villa, Leicester
2 – Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Manchester City, Watford, Southampton

He might only have had two days to take Liverpool training, but Klopp has already got his message across. Forget zany quotes and magic beards, hard work and commitment will be the foundations for Klopp’s potential success at Anfield.
  • Upvote 1

JP has a good point to be fair. He needs to prove himself to us, which he knows, but the hype is making me think this will end in tears.

That said, does anybody else ever pause for 5 seconds and think, 'I can't believe we got him.'.

Pause? I haven't stopped wanking since his first press conference. My dick looks like mars.

• Upvote 3

All everyone has spoken about is how different we played and how we pressed the ball. What the fuck fucking bollocks even are you.

• Upvote 1

All everyone has spoken about is how different we played and how we pressed the ball. What the fuck fucking bollocks even are you.

Bascombes article was making out Klopp has brought something completely different to the club evidenced by that game.We ran a lot but I've seen that under Rodgers, as I said I'll be impressed if that happens every game but we struggled against some opposition using that tactic under BR and I see no evidence Klopp has found the soloution.Wheres the talk about concerns from that game, from the highlights it looked like our tactics left our defence very exposed at times and spurs had chances they should have scored.

They comment about Lallana and all the press saying they never saw that before like Klopp has somehow got more out of him immediately.Lallana was the star of the Southampton team that ran the most in the prem and only ran full tilt for Klopp because that's what he was told to do, maybe others told him to conserve energy but he has always worked hard.

I don't like talking about all this negative stuff but articles like Bascombes are going over the top, I do have concerns which haven't been mentioned but I'm not interested in talking about them as I want the manager to succeed so don't want to spread negativity.All I'm saying is this over the top praise isn't helping Klopp as he's said himself and we've seen this happen with other managers at LFC.I don't blame fans as I'm as excited as the rest, I haven't been posting much lately because lack of football and most have said the things I'm thinking.The press should know better though then to build him up so much when he has a massive job ahead of him which will have bad times.

I'm fully behind him and the reason I don't like this over the top praise is it's not going to help him long term, he's said himself people need to not make out he is a miracle worker.

Praise is over the top at the minute from some as we have seen happen with most of our previous managers, they are built up then made out to be clowns when things go wrong.

What would help Klopp now is a bit of realism, that was average at best on Saturday but right now we are in the phase where he is king and nothing he does can be wrong.

A bit of realism... Ok. Somehow Liverpool football club you know that team we love that has managed to win one trophy in the last 9 seasons, well that LFC have managed to persuade one of the best managers in world football to come here. This is a massive leap from getting BR from Swansea, this is a guy who took Dortmund and not only won the Bundesleage twice and got them to a Champions league final but played some beautiful football while doing it. 

I think JP coming on here and analysing Klopp's performance based on gossip in the launderette and a half read report is absolutely fine.  He's certainly not the first to spout shite on here about a game he hadn't watched.  

Haven't seen TK on here for a while, must be in the nets.

Without sounding negative - is KLOPP's tactics just to have us run more than the other team?

Partially, more to do with the quick transition from defence to attack. To do so, you'd need players to work hard in getting the ball back, and then move forward with purpose in order to exploit gaps before the other side regains their shape, not aimlessly passing the ball about hoping for a gap.

Sent from my K012 using Tapatalk

Hasn't JP likened Klopps achievements as equal with Rodgers 2nd place finish back when he was dead set against fucking Rodgers off? Probably doesn't see him as world class, or even worse, saw Rodgers as world class.

I highlighted some mistakes Klopp made at Dortmund which were similar to things BR done, my point was not that Klopp was a bad manager but that if someone of his quality could struggle then so could BR.

My point here is that article went over the top with praise, maybe I'm wrong but the highlights suggested Spurs should have won and Klopp himself said we had two good 20 min spells each half while spurs were in control for the rest of the time.

I'm looking forward to seeing the game tomorrow and then maybe I will see the positives everyones talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

I highlighted some mistakes Klopp made at Dortmund which were similar to things BR done, my point was not that Klopp was a bad manager but that if someone of his quality could struggle then so could BR.

My point here is that article went over the top with praise, maybe I'm wrong but the highlights suggested Spurs should have won and Klopp himself said we had two good 20 min spells each half while spurs were in control for the rest of the time.

I'm looking forward to seeing the game tomorrow and then maybe I will see the positives everyones talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't make it get Philly to draw you a crayon picture summarising the game and you can draw your own conclusions off that.