You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

They don't have to be resourceful now though. This was some dickhead who could just walk in a shop and buy the equipment easily.

This is Obama from a couple of weeks ago and is pretty spooky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSEoVkl0W30&feature=youtu.be

I think we are both arguing the same point. American gun laws are mental, they need control (they are never going to give them up). Obama talks sense there, but some on here deny the existence of the fundamentalist element.

It will be interesting to watch the amount of outrage and faux-sympathy given towards the LBGT community, from Republican politicians who have overseen a raft of draconian anti LBGT legislation, particularly across Southern states.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

His motive could've been loads of things, we don't really know yet. It looks most likely that he's just a fundamentalist that hates gays, but he could be a closet gay himself. Maybe he couldn't live with himself for being gay and decided to go full potato in a nightclub. 

What's clear though is he owned an assault rifle which would've been nigh on impossible to attain here, he walked in strapped like John Rambo and that is firmly the fault of America and their unfathomably stupid gun laws.

This is what amazes me every fucking time. If this had been a white guy who was into White Power would a single person be saying 'we don't know the facts' or would we all be saying his beliefs are fucked and he's a cunt?

• Upvote 1

I think we are both arguing the same point. American gun laws are mental, they need control (they are never going to give them up). Obama talks sense there, but some on here deny the existence of the fundamentalist element.

People don't deny the existence of a fundamentalist element. It's that most of us have a nuanced view and realise that there are outside factors which fuel the growth of fundamentalism and radicalisation, which you don't share. Stop misrepresenting people.

People don't deny the existence of a fundamentalist element. It's that most of us have a nuanced view and realise that there are outside factors which fuel the growth of fundamentalism and radicalisation, which you don't share. Stop misrepresenting people.

I'm sure you share the same nuanced view of the right wing nazi dicks who turned up in Liverpool the other month.

His motive could've been loads of things, we don't really know yet. It looks most likely that he's just a fundamentalist that hates gays, but he could be a closet gay himself. Maybe he couldn't live with himself for being gay and decided to go full potato in a nightclub.

What's clear though is he owned an assault rifle which would've been nigh on impossible to attain here, he walked in strapped like John Rambo and that is firmly the fault of America and their unfathomably stupid gun laws.

Hang on, he's killed 50 people with a spud gun?

This is what amazes me every fucking time. If this had been a white guy who was into White Power would a single person be saying 'we don't know the facts' or would we all be saying his beliefs are fucked and he's a cunt?

And on the same tip, would anyone be crying about all the innocent white power enthusiasts who are going to suffer reprisals because of one murderer within their number.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure you share the same nuanced view of the right wing nazi dicks who turned up in Liverpool the other month.

Is that the best you can come up with? No, obviously, I can't. Because I'm incapable of understanding how somebody's poor education, social background, and life experiences can be manipulated into radicalising them into a cause. Even a neo-nazi one.

Is that the best you can come up with? No, obviously, I can't. Because I'm incapable of understanding how somebody's poor education, social background, and life experiences can be manipulated into radicalising them into a cause. Even a neo-nazi one.

Look, I admire your dedication to the protection of minorites, but what if the views of the minority are horrific?

Also, check out the demographic of most of the 'home grown' terrorists. Middle class, university educated etc.

His beliefs are fucked and he is a cunt, it's just we have a lot of people like that in our own country. They can't just walk into a nightclub with an AR-15, a glock and whatever other military spec weapons they want and blow everyone to kingdom come though. That's the fundamental issue.

• Upvote 3

Hang on, he's killed 50 people with a spud gun?

spudgun300x300(2).jpg

He was carrying the original Spudinator 4000, with reinforced plastic barrel and individually grooved finger slots. He was firing high velocity jersey royal rounds at will. They didn't stand a chance. 

• Upvote 2

Surely the fact there's little to no surprise at news of mass shootings in America each time they happen tells it's own story.

If someone bowled into a club or school in the UK and shot fifty people dead everyone would be amazed, it would be shocking due to it's rarity as well as it's horror.

People still know the names of Michael Ryan and Thomas Hamilton in this country. How many will remember this guy's name in a year or two?

I honestly don't understand why does it matter so much, if he decided to act as a lone wolf for ISIS, that he picked gays as target. Wouldn't he, by declaring allegiance to them, take himself out of the Western / US antigay context? What did Jones say, did the guy have a history of belonging to American anti-gay groups, movements, previous incidents with hate crimes against gay people?

• dave u changed the title to Another US Shooting