You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds set to Fire the Lazar?

tlw content

I rate Markovic and wouldn't be against him staying but also would not have a problem if we could recoup what we paid or loaned him to a team where he will play regularly.He struggled to get games last season and even if Sterling goes I would expect us to get another wide player.

In a team confident and performing he may do better but I would accept the managers decision, everyone saying it would be a disgrace etc are obviously forgetting that BR will have seen him everyday in training.Was it a disgrace to get rid of Degen and Voronin who didn't get a proper run or was the manager entitled to think they were not good enough.

Obviously the same as a £20 million money ball signing..

Can was 10m, wasn't he?

Same age, in the World Cup winning squad.

The Markovic price was a disaster.

The mancs look set to get Firmino for 13 a player only a couple of years older with a much, much better record in a better league - that really does show how bad a deal it was

It wasn't a great deal, a typical screw up by the committee again. Didn't Chelsea have an option on him for £12 million that they didn't take up?

Even allowing for the fact that he's been largely pants, he's a young player attempting to adapt to a new league and country whilst at the same time being played out of position in an often struggling side. Not really that much of a surprise he hasn't set the world on fire.

It wasn't a great deal, a typical screw up by the committee again. Didn't Chelsea have an option on him for £12 million that they didn't take up?

Even allowing for the fact that he's been largely pants, he's a young player attempting to adapt to a new league and country whilst at the same time being played out of position in an often struggling side. Not really that much of a surprise he hasn't set the world on fire.

As ever though, the blame is deflected. 'There are concerns within the halls of power at Anfield that Markovich may not be as good as he led them to believe on YouTube and Champ Man, a transfer grand poohbah has been conveined to coincide with Ian Ayre's return from the Cannonball Run'. 

• Upvote 1

I'd be being very harsh not to accept the mitigating factors such as age, consistently playing out of position in a poor team but the plain fact is that even when he had that run of form he's never looked a £20m footballer, nor shown anything near the level of skill, talent or aptitude that suggests it's nothing more than a rank bad deal on our part. Again.

His price isn't his fault, but had we paid £7m for him as a punt we'd have took the decision to cut our losses and none of us would have been bothered and put it down as yet another Aspas or Luis Alberto chalked up by the committee.

How do we still have the same manager as the one whose regime signed the likes of Markovic and Balotelli? Its a laughing stock of a club at the moment.

Because we don't sack our manager every time we have one bad season. Deal with it or support a different club would be my advice.

• Downvote 3

Because we don't sack our manager every time we have one bad season. Deal with it or support a different club would be my advice.

Good point. Apart from the fact that: (a) it isn't one bad season it's two out of three; (b ) it's not just about results but about the whole way Rodgers has performed at the club, including transfers.

If you absorb those two points, which are relatively free from value based judgements, then you might understand why people are slightly pissed off.

Otherwise you can just keep having a pop at people because feeling morally superior over randommers on the internet must make you feel awesome.

• Upvote 4

Good point. Apart from the fact that: (a) it isn't one bad season it's two out of three; (b ) it's not just about results but about the whole way Rodgers has performed at the club, including transfers.

If you absorb those two points, which are relatively free from value based judgements, then you might understand why people are slightly pissed off.

Otherwise you can just keep having a pop at people because feeling morally superior over randommers on the internet must make you feel awesome.

Good points apart from the facts that (a) no, it's one bad season. The two prior to that were steady progress from a starting position of 8th and (b ) bollocks. It's all about results. If we won the league nobody would care about shiny teeth or a trophy girlfriend.

Absorb those points and your life will be better. All the birds will wanna shag you.

Or you can whine on the internet like a little slut until he's finally sacked.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Good points apart from the facts that (a) no, it's one bad season. The two prior to that were steady progress from a starting position of 8th and (b ) bollocks. It's all about results. If we won the league nobody would care about shiny teeth or a trophy girlfriend.

Absorb those points and your life will be better. All the birds will wanna shag you.

Or you can whine on the internet like a little slut until he's finally sacked.

Whatevs.

God i hate this forum. I can't imagine the dread a liverpool player must feel pulling on a shirt knowing they're running out in front of such cynical bastards, anticipating every bad touch so they can tell their mates how much better their nans first touch is. We are Liverpool tra la la la la

• Upvote 2

About the same amount of dread as joy when we have occasionally spout on here about how good a Liverpool player is. It's an internet forum. The players don't give a fuck I suspect. In fact, I doubt Lazar Markovic knows TLW exists.

It's for supporters to talk shit, good, bad and indifferent.

You're giving us far too much credit for mattering.

We did with the previous manager and his 'one bad season' took us to two Cup Finals,winning one and getting back into Europe.

So,yes we do. And the current incumbent has had two out of three.

God i hate this forum. I can't imagine the dread a liverpool player must feel pulling on a shirt knowing they're running out in front of such cynical bastards, anticipating every bad touch so they can tell their mates how much better their nans first touch is. We are Liverpool tra la la la la

This made me laugh