You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Five players LFC should target in January

tlw content

Never in a million years will that happen but the difference that would make to our team would be unreal which makes me wonder what the fuck it is the managers see.

It was the exact same positions in the summer that needed sorting and we went out our way to avoid addressing them.

Dead on - sadly.

More goals than Suarez though. Winning!

Haha, there's a thought.

I reckon he'd have had about 4 or 5 though by now if he was still here because there is no way we'd have eased him into the team like Barcelona are doing. Also he'd be getting every forward ball here too but not because we love him more than Barcelona do, but because that's how we functioned last year, and it was a necessity for us where it's not for Barcelona. Then he'd probably break later in the season.

4 or 5?

8 or 9 more like

Wanyama gets better everytime I see him for Southampton. They have got some cracking players. Still unfortunately.

If you told Brendan he could have any 2 Southampton players he wanted in January, I reckon he'd pick Jay Rodriguez and Nathaniel Clyne and completely ignore the fact that somehow they've managed to put together a midfield that is better than ours.

If you told Brendan he could have any 2 Southampton players he wanted in January, I reckon he'd pick Jay Rodriguez and Nathaniel Clyne and completely ignore the fact that somehow they've managed to put together a midfield that is better than ours.

Tadic would be one, he's a wonderful technician.

I don't watch a lot of Football other than our games but it's very clear to me what we need:-

A proven goal scorer

A defensive midfielder

Someone to replace Glen Johnson (Flanagan would do if he isn't actually dead)

Basically what we most needed in the summer when we had £120m in our pocket.

• Upvote 1

Never in a million years will that happen but the difference that would make to our team would be unreal which makes me wonder what the fuck it is the managers see.

It was the exact same positions in the summer that needed sorting and we went out our way to avoid addressing them.

We still need what we needed before this season: a commanding keeper, combative midfielder and a goalscorer to replace a fair proportion of Suarez's goals.

You wouldn't put it past us spending another big whack on a centre back, buying another young full back and an attacking midfielder who can compete with Lallana for a place on the bench. Winston Reid, Montoya and Bojan. And then panic buy Berahino.