You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Five players LFC should target in January

tlw content

We need to plug some leaks first.

Depressingly, Asmir Begovic and Alex Song were both well within our recent budgets. He's not the most exciting footballer on the planet, but we could done worse than insisting on a permanent deal for Song in the Suarez negotiations.

I reckon that level of quality on either side of our back four would bring a lot of stability.

Asmir Begovic

William Carvalho

Any competent right back to replace Johnson, possibly Montoya.

Lacazette from Lyon, basically anyone more mobile than Balotelli or Lambert

Trouble is when you are playing shite like we are, with an unsettled team and a fuckin' tactically clueless manager, why would big names come to us, which is why big names pick big teams like chelsea, real, barca, 2 of our best ever players defected to 2 of those teams, so what bargaining power do we now have, we try to get 'em cheaper than the said 3 then try to pay them lower wages, so FSG either open up the bleedin' purse  strings,or if not sell us to someone who will, failing either option, our future is starting to look as bleak as it did under that other twat hodgson, as Carra said there's something wrong going on inside the club, the weekly team selections suggest favouritism by Rodgers, with some of our expensive summer signings being benched and is obviously causing low team morale, this is a situation that now can't and will not be fixed by Rodgers, he has to go Asap.   

How about we start by playing the lads we have that have shown some promise? At least let them settle in.

Lallana (not worth 25 fuckin mil mind you)

Can ( instead of Lucas or Hendo)

Markovic (instead of Allen or Coutinho)

Ibe (on his own or can rotate with sterling when he's tiring)

Moreno (instead of Enrique or dicking around with Johnson at LB)

Players that would improve us in Jan if their prices are not too high

sigurdsson - at least he fucking shoots from midfield

cabaye - likewise shoots but is technically very good

Bolasie - tears us a new one everytime, strong and technically good. enough said

N'zonzi - admittedly a shithouse but powerful in midfield where we have pussies

Podolski - not sure arsenal would sell but he's not getting a game so worth a cheeky bid

Also mentioning players many turn their noses up at but are performing well and probably better than what we've got at the minute

Bony

Ings

Bertrand

Berahino

Puncheon

The team needs a new spine. We need players who are good enough for a Champions league standard team which is what we should aim to be. If the next three transfers we make aren't a much better GK, a strong dynamic midfielder and a mobile forward then I can see us looking at more years of constant transition. This squads not far off being a really decent collective but they need better players to raise the standard.

The team needs a new spine. We need players who are good enough for a Champions league standard team which is what we should aim to be. If the next three transfers we make aren't a much better GK, a strong dynamic midfielder and a mobile forward then I can see us looking at more years of constant transition. This squads not far off being a really decent collective but they need better players to raise the standard.

What we need is a manager who has the knowhow to utilise the players we have, Rodgers has to go before he does anymore damage, bring back Kenny along with Thommo and maybe Carra as defence advisor, in the interim, whilst we search for a suitable replacement, a win on Sunday would only paper over the cracks as utd are shite also. 

Haha I'd love be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

JH: Hi Kenny, we've flown you out here under slightly better circumstances than last time. We'd like to offer you a 6 month contract to manage the team again but only there's no chance you'll be kept on at the end of the season.

KD: Get ta fuck you bawbag!

Kenny obviously loves this club, but I can't see him wanting to go through all this shit again at his age, and I think that's for the best.

Kenny is best off out of it.

yeah but he would be sharing the load on a temporary basis, as he said i will always be there to help Liverpool anyway i can, and Carra is disgusted with the lack of leadership and low morale, I would see Thommo as maybe having unfinished business, the wealth of knowledge with all 3 would help short term, or until we get sorted and the fact that its temporary, so there wouldnt be any ego trips, just all pull together because all 3 love the club,plus they are all respected by fans and players alike, whereas Rodgers credentials are now under scrutiny,  so then start to climb the league and maybe get back into the big one by winning the euro, surely its one avenue thats worth a try.

How about we start by playing the lads we have that have shown some promise? At least let them settle in.

Players that would improve us in Jan if their prices are not too high

sigurdsson - at least he fucking shoots from midfield

cabaye - likewise shoots but is technically very good

Bolasie - tears us a new one everytime, strong and technically good. enough said

N'zonzi - admittedly a shithouse but powerful in midfield where we have pussies

Podolski - not sure arsenal would sell but he's not getting a game so worth a cheeky bid

Also mentioning players many turn their noses up at but are performing well and probably better than what we've got at the minute

Bony

Ings

Bertrand

Berahino

Puncheon

Agreed, and I'd add Manquillo, Sakho (when fit), and Borini to that list.

If there's anything positive about last summer, it's that we finally started to fill out a squad that has been ludicrously thin for years. On paper, we have a couple of interesting options at some positions. 

Right now that potential is being completely wasted because the manager:

1) doesn't select players on merit 

2) can't settle on a system that everyone understands (including himself)

If Rodgers just goes back to a simple, balanced formula like a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 (basically something that doesn't require a dominant DM, which we don't have), and started selecting players on performance.....I think we'd very quickly get back to playing some of the best football in the league. Right now the players look completely confused, confidence is shot, and nobody seems on the same page.

All that said, I think Mignolet needs to play under a quality #1 keeper. He has potential to be the #1, but there's no way he develops while the rest of the team looks just as scared as him. Romero looked good in the world cup, and we keep hearing about links to Begovic....both would be good.

If a decent, quick striker is available for cheap....I wouldn't say no. None of the names I've heard so far seem like the answer, but at this point I really think it's more important for Rodgers to start settling on a system suited to his current players rather than hoping that a transfer window will solve our problems.