You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That there London

Anny Road

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

For the Wicked show head to Market Halls Victoria for food, great little food hall and two minutes away.

This is what we did earlier in the year when we went and saw the show. Loads of choice for food and drink, and amazingly the picky kids enjoyed it too. Second this recommendation.

• Upvote 1

That’s settled then. Gonna go there for tea before the show on the first night we’re down there. 

So far on the itinerary…

Tuesday - drop bags off, go see my mate inside Coutts, eat at Market Halls, go see Wicked

Wednesday - Speedboats & Dungeons 

Thursday - Hard Rock Cafe & go see The Mousetrap in the afternoon, collect bags, train home

Might nudge the Coutts thing to Thursday morning but we’re gonna have some time spare which will hopefully be filled by one or two of these…

IMG_3036.jpeg

My 10 year old has said yes to the Spurs Skywalk, so that’ll be my first choice. Haven’t asked TeenTurd yet, she’s still asleep. 

They don’t know about The Mousetrap. I’m keeping that to myself in case they google it. 

• Upvote 1

Looking good, John

I love the Transport Museum. They also do tours which I fancy one day.

I’ve never heard of the Upside Down House so will be investigating that.

Westfield also has a good shopping centre for those who’re that way inclined. The Champagne Bar probably has less appeal for kids.

And there’s the Olympic Park close by but I know you’ve been there

• Upvote 1

It’s a no to the Skywalk. Apparently she started crying on a big wheel last week. Dunno where that’s come from because she’s been on the Eye twice and we’ve been on those cable cars across the river a couple of times as well. 

I’m not going on the cable cars again myself after that incident in Pakistan today though. What would be worse, dangling over a forest or dangling over water?

• 2 months later...