You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fc-spent-much-dejan-8100843

No Carra, he's gash and cant even do the basics correctly. We should cut our losses.

No, he's gash for us at the moment. He wasnt gash for southampton. Its not like Carragher doesnt know what he's talking about.

I fucking hate it when some of our fans want us to become a club that uses once and throws away. Still, some want that approach with managers as well i guess.

Think Carra's focus on the fullbacks is completely wrong, Shaw and Clyne got forward plenty. The major difference is in the midfield protection, or in our case the lack of.

Also, fuck keeping a player just because he was expensive. If Lovren continues being shite, albeit in conditions that don't make it easy for a centre back, then I hope we fuck him off next summer. Losing £10m/£12m on him is a better option than persisting with him for three years, conceding 50/60 goals in the league every year, and winning fuck all.

Should stress that I'm not pinning our defensive shiteness entirely on him. The keeper, although a bit better in recent games, still can't fill any of the back four with confidence, and the midfield are largely hopeless when it comes to defending, tracking runners etc. That said, that he's managed to stand out as being particularly shite, is worrying.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, good way to run your club, buy someone for £20m, declare them shite after 10 or 11 games, ship them out for what, £8m, £10, £12m in the next window?

And people expect other players to sign up when we adopt that approach? Good luck with that one.

Much better way, and what we should have done with Carroll, is just keep playing him for five years. Who cares that he's fucking terrible? 

Nah, no-one will play for us ever again if we bin Lovren.

• Upvote 1

Much better way, and what we should have done with Carroll, is just keep playing him for five years. Who cares that he's fucking terrible? 

Nah, no-one will play for us ever again if we bin Lovren.

Typical overreaction but not unexpected. If you care to re read, I suggested the approach of binning players off after 10 or 11 games will backfire not to mention the losses you'd rack up.

In any case, Id be inclined to rate Carragher's advice over kneejerkers on here.

Carragher rates Lovren, people on here think he is gash.

Scholes thinks Gerrard can play the quarterback role for several more years, a few on here want him nowhere near the first team.

Tony knows.

Carragher rates Lovren, people on here think he is gash.

Scholes thinks Gerrard can play the 'quarterback' role for several years to come, a few on here want him nowhere near the first team.

Ex players are not always the greatest judges themselves.

So far this season,I'd agree with the fans but longer term who knows?