You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Snides

milky

Remember seeing an interview with Defoe talking about one of his first top flight games being against arsenal and he megged one of the old guard back four in the first few minutes. I'm paraphrasing now but he said along the lines of 'they battered me, a 17 year old kid, for 90 minutes after that. Punches, kicks, pinching you name it they did it'

Terry hurlock

Genaro gattuso

Mark Hateley

Fernando ricksen

Barry ferguson

Ian ferguson

Lee mcullough

Kyle bartley

And the snides snide himself

El hadj diouf

Non that shower of rats:

Dickov

I think you are one Ferguson short on that list mate.

Hurley is a good call . What a twat he was.

Good thread. For me, the archetypal snide is the cunt who leaves his studs in, can't tackle, elbows and niggles his way through games but somehow manages to avoid any shit sticking on his character - smashes open a knee and then looks like butter wouldn't melt. Our own Suarez is a niggly bastard but everyone knows it and pretty much everyone outside of LFC never tires of pointing it out. Eto'o, as mentioned though, is just as bad but everyone fawns over him and what a clever player he is, completely glossing over his indulgence in the dark arts.

Scholes was the Snide's Snide though. A career built on bad tackling that was chuckled off every time. He's the blueprint that every snide since has tried to rip off. Bergkamp may as well have had a halo grafted onto his bonce such was the praise he got, but he spent as much time sharpening his elbows as Chris fucking Sutton. Lampard tried to nobble Alonso back in 2004 (and plenty more since) but has somehow managed to maintain a cuddly image (probably something to do with his massive moon face).

Saw rRedknapp on sky one day, they was saying that Ginger Cunt Scholes cant tackle shit that they always say, Redknapp said that he knew exactly what he was doing, thought then it was about time that someone finaly came out and said it, snide and Ginger, can it get any worse? well yes, fuckin manc as well

• Upvote 1

Has that little shitstain Michael Brown been mentioned yet?

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xclut5_steven-gerrard-elbows-michael-brown_sport

Haha decent whack from gerrard that

Razor - i was expecting gerrard to be saying that and thinking it was a kip reading job. Little did i know, Mike Basset was scouting brown at the time from the stands

I haven't seen a mention for this continental Cattermole so I will nominate him myself:

Grimandi.jpg

Giles Grimandi

Shite player and a shithouse to boot but a very effective and practised exponent of the dark arts. Shown the red card in the Camp Nou while on the seat of his pants for elbowing Guardiola in the head while they were both on the floor and never more evident demonstrating his character than when cowardly stamping on Gary Mc's hand at the Highbury library.. A snidey shithouse cunt if there ever was one.

• 3 weeks later...

For me the snide is the one who is trying to get their nasty tackles in and also won't let anyone come near them without diving. Ivanovic, Mikel and Terry are all proper snides.

There aren't many more snide than Suarez though. Amazing but a terrible snide.

• Upvote 1

Materazzi. If you watch him prior to getting butted in the chest by Zidane he keeps pinching his chest and nipples trying to goad him. He's also constantly talking shit to him trying to wind him up. Then ten seconds later he's writhing round on the floor like he's been run over by a transit van.