You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

It like she is half pissed most of the time. Or affected.

That BBC thing she did, set in Northern Ireland, was astonishing for just how bizarrely atrocious she is.

She literally whispers he way through 2 seasons of it. Why?!

Fucking silly cow.

23 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

That BBC thing she did, set in Northern Ireland, was astonishing for just how bizarrely atrocious she is.

She literally whispers he way through 2 seasons of it. Why?!

Fucking silly cow.

Everything she has done is forgiven just for her being in The X Files and some 90's editions of Loaded, FHM and the like.

• Upvote 2

Seeing as there's fuck all out at the minute I've been watching mini-series. Started John Adams and The Looming Tower, both have started well.

Can someone bump the mini-series thread as I'm struggling to find it. There will be a few shows on there I've missed.

2 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Bodyline (1984) 

This was on one summer holiday mid 80s in the morning and hadn’t seen it since.

Tells the story of Jardine, Larwood and of course Don Bradman and the Bodyline series.

9 bowled Shaaaaane’s out of 10. 

Great documentary that. Not sure if you saw the drama or the documentary? 

There is a good doc on the 70s and 80s West Indian team too.

Happened on a three-parter on the Hapsburg dynasty on BBC4 with Simon Teabag Montefiore.

Interesting stuff as I probably know less about them than any of the other great houses, and their policy of only marrying within the family led to a series of 'characters'.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Great documentary that. Not sure if you saw the drama or the documentary? 

There is a good doc on the 70s and 80s West Indian team too.

It’s the drama I’ve started watching but I’ll look out for the documentary too. Hugo Weaving as Douglas Jardine. 

1 hour ago, Kepler-186 said:

It’s the drama I’ve started watching but I’ll look out for the documentary too. Hugo Weaving as Douglas Jardine. 

I remember that, not bad, but kind of spoiled a bit when you have fielders appealing after someone's been bowled.

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

I remember that, not bad, but kind of spoiled a bit when you have fielders appealing after someone's been bowled.

The rules do state that you appeal when you have bowled someone.

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

@Carvalho Diablo New series of Long Lost Family started at 9pm tonight, mate. 

Watching it now Tony. On fire tonight.

You just beat me to it too mate, I was just about to come on here to give you the heads up too.

LLF, best thing on the telly, right up there with Banshee, Bottom and Mr Inbetween.

• Upvote 1

On 01/07/2023 at 14:33, Elite said:

Silo - Great finale to season 1. It's been a bit meandering but I think it'll pick up the pace now going forward and could turn out to be a very good show.

My only complaint, might have been ok if all episodes were released at the same time but it was a bit of a chore waiting a whole week for the story to barely progress at all.

• Upvote 1

On 29/06/2023 at 19:06, Gooch said:

Anyone watched the bear? Its on Disney and the first two seasons got rave reviews so going to give it a try.

Just finished Season 2, really solid show. The use of music is particularly good in it. 

The scene with Let Down by Radiohead was brilliant, they picked the perfect tune.

Once upon a time in Northern Ireland. 

Excellent bbc doc but it jump round quite a bit.Thought it may have been a been better if it was chronological. 

Some excellent contributions,I liked the girl who refused to grass anyone up and Patrick kietly was surprisingly good.

Although it looks at all sides.personally I felt it hard to sympathise with an army who ransacked peoples houses and pointed guns at people who had the temerity to walk down their own street

8/10

• Upvote 1