You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Remember those Sparkle Lemonade ones (I think they also did orangeade)? They were lovely but also felt like death by a thousand sweet, fizzy, icy cuts to the mouth.

Yeah, just like the R Whites ones. Absolute bastards. 

41 minutes ago, Champ said:

It’s probably already been said but all those crooks informing me that their prices are ‘changing.’ You’re kidding no-one

Really surprised none of them are putting their prices down to fit in with the pay restraint we're exhorted to show.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Champ said:

You know, because ‘we’re all in it together’

The big elephant in the room is the whole "they've printed money so inflation".

Money was conjured up to save the banks in 2008 and inflation did fuck all. It gets in the hands of people at the bottom and suddenly inflation is a problem and you can't print money.

Now there are supposedly inflation increases due to higher demand and supply side issues, which I could maybe buy into were it not for the fact that for the most part profit margins are up across the board.

Companies are saying price increases are due to inflation, but they are also making more money as the price increases are being made to hoover as much as that up for the same people who benefited from inflation being low. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Pears. The fuckers take weeks to ripen, and then go rotten within about 5 minutes. Useless shit-version-of-an-apple cunts.

They are lovely when you get a good one but they aren't worth the hassle, the awkward cunts of the fruit world.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

They are lovely when you get a good one but they aren't worth the hassle, the awkward cunts of the fruit world.

Exactly. I have them for breakfast with yoghurt and usually get the 'ripe and ready' ones from Morrisons and keep them in the fridge, but even those are really hit and miss. I bought some loose ones last week, and they're still rock hard. Bastards.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Pears. The fuckers take weeks to ripen, and then go rotten within about 5 minutes. Useless shit-version-of-an-apple cunts.

I love pears but they are a pain in the arse as you say.

If you ever see a variety called Taylors Gold, get them. 

Absolutely lovely and dripping with juice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

You can’t beat a nice pair. 

Two pears though are not worth the hassle. You have to watch the fuckers closely so as not to miss the 4.7 second window when they taste as they should.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mudface said:

And unusually slimy to 

My kids make me peel and chop them up for them all the time. Every time I peel one I drop it on the floor. Poxy things

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

And unusually slimy to 

My kids make me peel and chop them up for them all the time. Every time I peel one I drop it on the floor. Poxy things

I don't think I've ever peeled a pear, I can imagine that's pretty messy if they're ripe. Make the kids eat them as is.

14 minutes ago, John102 said:

Cant remember ever eating a pear. Why do you all bother when there are bananas and apples out there.

Sometimes an apple, sometimes a banana and other times a pear.  You can't pin Pureblood down to a choice of two.  You can't put Pureblood in a straightjacket.