You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scottish Independence, yay or nay?

Baltar

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Jesus wept, that's all 3 candidates complete dickheads then. He was the only one I hadn't read anything disturbing about. Soon put paid to that!

99% of the SNP is made up of complete dickheads.

• 2 weeks later...

Humza Yousef elected new leader of the SNP.

There's some kind of poetic irony that a leaders of Indian and Pakistani heritage will be talking about the splitting up of the UK. Will they shove an arbitrary line through the middle of Northumberland and Cumbria just to really make it seem like 1947?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, skend04 said:

There's some kind of poetic irony that a leaders of Indian and Pakistani heritage will be talking about the splitting up of the UK. Will they shove an arbitrary line through the middle of Northumberland and Cumbria just to really make it seem like 1947?

Jamaat-e-Presbitery Lake District.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Yousef is one gigantic useless cunt.

But you would have said that about any of them. Other people say this but I’m not sure what it’s based on. He hasn’t exactly set the heather alight as a health minister but has he been any worse than anyone before him

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Yousef is one gigantic useless cunt.

21 minutes ago, Champ said:

But you would have said that about any of them. Other people say this but I’m not sure what it’s based on. He hasn’t exactly set the heather alight as a health minister but has he been any worse than anyone before him

Do you guys reckon the SNP will lose seats at the next General Election, and if so, how many?

What’s your gut feeling?

22 minutes ago, Champ said:

He's been a disaster in every role he's had & just screams incompetence. To be honest, I don't know an awful lot about the other two who stood but none of them seemed to stand out as a leader.

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Do you guys reckon the SNP will lose seats at the next General Election, and if so, how many?

What’s your gut feeling?

Aye, I think & hope they will lose seats.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Hadrian's Wallah

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

The other lass was a bit mad too.

He's probably the least worst of the 3, but that crack to the Ukrainian women Champ mentioned was beyond the pale!

I think the SNP are fucking loons but of the 3, he’s seems the most competent.

I’ve lived here for 6 years now and find the peoples mentally up here nuts. Sturgeons office used to be just around the corner from me and there used to be people outside with yes flags every weekend but I’m still not sure now they would fund it.

Dont get me wrong, if I thought it was sustainable, I’d be well on board but all I hear is we have oil. I may be really misinformed but that oil is basically owned by the corporations that have been there for years.

Ive not heard any reasonable detailed plan of how they would make it a success and it’s all a bit like Brexit. Vote leave and we will be better off but there seems to be no substance behind it.

I vote labour when there is an election but it’s like pissing in the wind around here. Their whole policy of independence seems a bit…

4D7487FB-34B8-4548-AECE-53E6E92C0F4D.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I think the SNP are fucking loons but of the 3, he’s seems the most competent.

I’ve lived here for 6 years now and find the peoples mentally up here nuts. Sturgeons office used to be just around the corner from me and there used to be people outside with yes flags every weekend but I’m still not sure now they would fund it.

Dont get me wrong, if I thought it was sustainable, I’d be well on board but all I hear is we have oil. I may be really misinformed but that oil is basically owned by the corporations that have been there for years.

Ive not heard any reasonable detailed plan of how they would make it a success and it’s all a bit like Brexit. Vote leave and we will be better off but there seems to be no substance behind it.

I vote labour when there is an election but it’s like pissing in the wind around here. Their whole policy of independence seems a bit…

4D7487FB-34B8-4548-AECE-53E6E92C0F4D.jpeg

The irony of Scotland leaving the UK then getting some of that American “freedom” 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The irony of Scotland leaving the UK then getting some of that American “freedom” 

Its mental, there is no real thought behind it. If they had a proper plan that made sense, I’d be the first one to say sign me up but there seems to be no real argument for it.

Could it work? Maybe, if they actually plan properly for it and give valid reasons but I’m yet to see any. We currently get free prescriptions, free uni education, had free child care from 3 years old since I’ve been here and the NHS up here is far better than Englands. Can’t see how they can sustain that going it alone yet.

1 hour ago, Fugitive said:

Its mental, there is no real thought behind it. If they had a proper plan that made sense, I’d be the first one to say sign me up but there seems to be no real argument for it.

Could it work? Maybe, if they actually plan properly for it and give valid reasons but I’m yet to see any. We currently get free prescriptions, free uni education, had free child care from 3 years old since I’ve been here and the NHS up here is far better than Englands. Can’t see how they can sustain that going it alone yet.

Everything that man says.

Since the referendum ‘oil’ seems to have been replaced by ‘whisky’ and ‘tourism. I don’t know the figures for whisky but you can’t power an economy on a service industry like tourism