You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa - A Wondeful Man

Pureblood

Trust a commie to think they know better about who someone should or shouldn't hero-worship.

Some people resent that people don't resent benitez more than they resent benitez. It's hilarious.

As i said in the other Rafa post (as if there arent enough) the problem isnt with Rafa its with the attitude of his followers.

When he left us i still considered him a top,top manager but his choices or his behaviour in those roles he chose has left him with a bit of catching up to do.

See thats criticism without hatred and not vitriol like is aimed at those of us who try and point out some of his faults to those who think he walks on water.

As i said in the other Rafa post (as if there arent enough) the problem isnt with Rafa its with the attitude of his followers.

When he left us i still considered him a top,top manager but his choices or his behaviour in those roles he chose has left him with a bit of catching up to do.

See thats criticism without hatred and not vitriol like is aimed at those of us who try and point out some of his faults to those who think he walks on water.

It grinds your (and many others') gears because people like him, some a lot. I get it. It just seems like a weird position to be in, for an adult. To get on the internet and deliberately wind up people just because they like some guy.

And after winding them, to whinge some about them being wound up.

Come on . . .

It grinds your (and many others') gears because people like him, some a lot. I get it. It just seems like a weird position to be in, for an adult. To get on the internet and deliberately wind up people just because they like some guy.

And after winding them, to whinge some about them being wound up.

Come on . . .

I'm not whinging about being wound up I dont mind opposite opinions but the swearing and insults do more damage to the arguments of the person doing those things than they do to mine.

I dont usually wind people up but I could also ask why other adults turn into people possessed over an ex manager of ours.

I just find it ridiculous the way people react to criticism of Rafa in the same way I find it ridiculous the way religious groups go up in arms over criticisms of their deity.

It just got too good to resist on this occasion I'm afraid,for once.

I know the Raafa love isn't just sun shining bollocks, because there isn't a similar debate about Kenny, Hodgson, Houllier who all got sacked.

Rafa continues to polarise opinions because there isn't a definitive judgement on his 6 years, and that suggests to me that we shouldn't have done it.

I know the Raafa love isn't just sun shining bollocks, because there isn't a similar debate about Kenny, Hodgson, Houllier who all got sacked.

Rafa continues to polarise opinions because there isn't a definitive judgement on his 6 years, and that suggests to me that we shouldn't have done it.

Houllier's time was up.

Hodgson was never suitable for the job.

Kenny wasn't the preferred choice of the owners.

One bad season doesn't justify sacking a Liverpool manager who has proven himself time and again.

After Benitez was sacked we appointed Hodgson, ‘His time was up’ apparently. Don’t think anyone, not even on this site would say that was correct now.

Ian Ayre..............

Nonetheless, Hodgson was a disaster and was dismissed. Again so many wanted Benitez back. So many didn’t, his time was up and it would split the support base, be a step back. Dalglish was appointed, love him, if not Benitez then had to be him. Then he was unjustly sacked.

Another manager merry go round with names such as Roberto Martínez, Brendan Rodgers at the forefront with Rafa not even in the running. Again so many wanted Rafa, again anti Rafa people spouted his time was up, would split the support base, be a step back.

Certain people have had their say and had their way, it’s not been very successful.

Now we're here. Apart from the football we are playing which is ‘nice’, this season has been a disaster. I hope the owners don’t sack Rodgers and at least give him another season, there are signs of improvement with playing style and we can’t keep sacking managers.

The one thing they can do is bullet that Harley riding prick Ayre.

Well' date=' you've certainly put me in my place. I won't start anymore more threads celebrating his achievements.[/quote']

Is that a promise?

Not that it wont stop loads of others though.

I respect both Rafa and Alonso for both of their service to the club but it seems that if you criticise one its assumed you support the other against them and thats simply not true.

Anyway, peace, love and happiness to you all, even Coro.

• 2 weeks later...