You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I think everyone to a man thought what the fuck when he came on, he did his bit and has done when called upon, so credit to the lad, he seems to have a great attitude.

I just think his body is not up to it, we need him off our books and goals will help. I have no gripe with him and not his fault we decided to give him five million a year. I was pleased for him today, came on got a chance and took it well.

Best fans in the world

This kind of thing is really tedious.

If someone is shouting abuse at him during the match, you're entitled to have a go. But coming onto an internet forum and being honest about a player's shortcomings does not make you any less of a fan. Joe Cole is shite - he just is. I love that he scored a goal today, an important goal for us, and I'm willing to give him credit for it, but it doesn't change the fact that I hope we get shut of him in January.

And saying that does not make me or anyone else an inferior fan, because otherwise what's the point of this website?

This kind of thing is really tedious.

If someone is shouting abuse at him during the match, you're entitled to have a go. But coming onto an internet forum and being honest about a player's shortcomings does not make you any less of a fan. Joe Cole is shite - he just is. I love that he scored a goal today, an important goal for us, and I'm willing to give him credit for it, but it doesn't change the fact that I hope we get shut of him in January.

And saying that does not make me or anyone else an inferior fan, because otherwise what's the point of this website?

Fucking the match off to log onto a internet forum to tell a player who's just about to score a goal to fuck off is just a massive FAIL to use internet lingo.

To be fair if you're more interested in posting on the internet whilst your teams playing your opinion counts for fuck all in my opinion anyway!

Fucking the match off to log onto a internet forum to tell a player who's just about to score a goal to fuck off is just a massive FAIL to use internet lingo.

To be fair if you're more interested in posting on the internet whilst your teams playing your opinion counts for fuck all in my opinion anyway!

I thought he was poor apart from the goal but he still did ten times more than Downing who is absolute shite.

Here's an idea: Sign up for membership, then you can go & neg everyone who posts in match threads. You big superfan, you.

I don't dislike Joe Cole. He was a very good player once upon a time but sadly that was before he signed for Liverpool. It's not his fault and the club should have known better than to get itself locked into a long term contract on stupid wages.. Today he did show a glimpse of his old form and earn his money. For most of the other weeks I wouldn't have paid him in fucking washers. Be glad when its over which by could well be in January

In the meantime we are short of players who are a goal threat. Irrespective of the ridiculous contract Purslow gave him, Cole is an intelligent player who can get on the end of moves and knows how to finish in the same way as the likes of Maxi and Bellamy which is what we are crying out for.

I don't see the point in turning him into the latest scapegoat. Although it gives Henderson a rest I suppose.

In the meantime we are short of players who are a goal threat. Irrespective of the ridiculous contract Purslow gave him, Cole is an intelligent player who can get on the end of moves and knows how to finish in the same way as the likes of Maxi and Bellamy which is what we are crying out for.

I don't see the point in turning him into the latest scapegoat. Although it gives Henderson a rest I suppose.

I am not using him as scapegoat at all. I just doubt his goal yesterday will be more than a glimpse of what he used to do week in week out. Despite our shortage of goalscoring threats given the choice of letting him go tomorrow or keeping him until the end of his contract then I would have no hesitation in letting him go. Surely the money could be put to better use in the Jan window. As for Henderson he seems to be winning a few converts these days. If he turns out half the player Joe Cole was in his prime I will be very pleasantly surprised.

I am not using him as scapegoat at all. I just doubt his goal yesterday will be more than a glimpse of what he used to do week in week out. Despite our shortage of goalscoring threats given the choice of letting him go tomorrow or keeping him until the end of his contract then I would have no hesitation in letting him go. Surely the money could be put to better use in the Jan window. As for Henderson he seems to be winning a few converts these days. If he turns out half the player Joe Cole was in his prime I will be very pleasantly surprised.

Sorry I wasn't suggesting you were. I agree with your post. The scapegoat point I was directing to those who have moved on from Henderson bashing since last week and need to fill the void with someone else.

Let's face it he and Downing are the most likely candidates for any fundraising, but while the squad is so thin both players have a contribution to make and have been doing so of late.

Took his goal well but anybody being honest with themselves would admit he was fucking shit for most of the game and has been shit in most games hes played for us.

Yeah, let's instead persist with all those players that have been shit for us but haven't scored crucial goals...

Fighting Coles corner, not sure who signed him, as we where linked with him when Rafa was here. Was he thrust on Woy by Purslow. Whatever, Cole only eccepted what LFC offered. For us to get shut of him now, we are going to have to stump up a fair wack of his contract.

I never wanted us to sign him, but one thing I will give him is he tries his best. Yes he is capable of comming off the bench and scoring important goals. Cole would be a fair way down the list for me of the players we need to offload, ie Carrol, Spearing etc. Loaning him out, it still costs us maybe half the wages. Maybe a swap deal for Ince, cost us but would put an end to the situation.

I seem to remember the majority of peoole being happy when we signed him. He got off to a bad start and was pretty much shit since. The issue is his wages though.if he was on 40k or so then I think most people would accept him as a decent squad player. Can't blame him for the money he's being paid and calling him a window licker is wrong. He's looked like he's trying every time he's played and doesn't hide in games. So maybe it's time we lay off the chubby fuck** and give him some respect.

He is chubby though.