You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nurse at Centre of Prank Call Commits Suicide

Spy Bee

Anyone who kills themself over ONE phone call, regardless of the reaction of her bosses, must have been close to the edge. It's not the DJ's fault she was fragile. The next time someone commits suicide the first question we'll all be asking is "did they take a phone call from an Aussie"?

Sad affair, but no one is too blame for it.

While the suicide was unquestionably tragic and unexpected, the pranksters in this instance must have realised when they initially went ahead with it if they succeeded then at the very least somebody could have got into trouble and maybe even lost their job over it. Did they even care?

Oh sure, humiliating an ordinary person doing a stressful job in the most public manner possible for cheap laughs, how could that possibly backfire!!!11

Some right fucking clowns on this forum.

Well, you are the one with the reddest nose. First of all no one knows all the facts about this and so far it's just a hysterical reaction people has come up with because it fits their argument and somehow people feel the right to jump to the quickest conclusion possible because they get a reason to bring out their pitchforks and torches. It's much more disgusting than any other innocent prank.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Oh sure, humiliating an ordinary person doing a stressful job in the most public manner possible for cheap laughs, how could that possibly backfire!!!11

Some right fucking clowns on this forum.

Fucking hell, you've changed your tune! You only need look at the thread about the German woman with AIDS to see your philosophical flip-flopping!

While the suicide was unquestionably tragic and unexpected, the pranksters in this instance must have realised when they initially went ahead with it if they succeeded then at the very least somebody could have got into trouble and maybe even lost their job over it. Did they even care?

Why should they care? Shouldn't a hospital with a high profile patient have better routines about this than shown in this case?

Guest Pistonbroke
Fucking hell, you've changed your tune! You only need look at the thread about the German woman with AIDS to see your philosophical flip-flopping!

He does it on every topic he joins in on, he has this holier than thou attitude and alzheimer's.

They pranked called a fucking hospital!

No they didn't, they pretended to be someone else in order to obtain information, it's only recently that the royals seem to have become off lomits in this country and to see them and the hospital trying to wash their hands of it is typical.

Edited by Cardie

Don't really see what the big outcry is about here. Remember the Queen falling victim to a hoax caller from a Canadian radio show a few years ago. Didn't see her Maj reaching for the paracetamol and whiskey did we ? Did we fuck. It was all forgotten about in no time. Mind, at least her Maj had the good grace to offer lady Di as a sacrifice a couple of years later.

Explain, please.

Was she prank calling people too?

He does it on every topic he joins in on, he has this holier than thou attitude and alzheimer's.

Please die, you piece of fucking vermin.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No they didn't, they pretended to be someone else in order to obtain information

And what a devious and cunning plan it was! They pretended to be somebody doing a really bad impression of the queen, saying stupid stuff about corgis, for a laugh on a radio station. The information they were asking for was how she was doing, any member of the public can do that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Explain, please.

Nah, you know exactly what I'm saying. If you think about it for more than two seconds you'll agree with me, because, despite your best efforts to appear to be one, you're not a total mind-mong.

Nah, you know exactly what I'm saying. If you think about it for more than two seconds you'll agree with me, because, despite your best efforts to appear to be one, you're not a total mind-mong.

I had to find the thread because it didn't ring any bells. Now I see it was about some idiots who wilfully had unprotected sex with a woman, then moaned when they got a sexually-transmitted disease.

I still fail to see the relevance to this case.

Fuck me the overreaction over this is unreal.

Of course its sad that somebody decided to take their own life, but the witchhunt over what was a daft hoax call is ridiculous.

Part of me thinks the media led blaming of the aussies is a smokescreen over what was propbably an immense bollocking from the hospital on this nurse. Which was probably the catalyst to send her over the edge.

If you conducted a full risk assessment into the possible outcomes of making this prank call, you would never have considered that this scenario would have played out. While I think that the prank call was lacking in either intelligence or humour, I don't blame the DJ's for anything other than being shit comedians.

Guest Pistonbroke
You have initiated every abusive exchange between us ever. This is why you are an utter cunt, and I am not.

I honestly think you must be retarded if you believe the shite you post.

If you conducted a full risk assessment into the possible outcomes of making this prank call, you would never have considered that this scenario would have played out. While I think that the prank call was lacking in either intelligence or humour, I don't blame the DJ's for anything other than being shit comedians.

This. And guilty as charged.