You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Di Matteo sacked

King Emlyn

I can't see Rafa taking a short term contract knowing that unless he won everything possible Guardiola would be drafted in in the summer, and although I've advocated him for that job before due to Champions League aspirations and Torres, I can't see him lasting a week working with Abramovich!

It doesn't make sense bringing Rafa in temporarily, if it's a short term appointment they want what was Di Matteo ffs, they would just leave him in place.

It has to be Guardiola, he's served his sabbatical and Chelsea want him in before City sack Mancini

Eleven trophies since 2004, it's a good job he doesn't know what he is doing.

Yeah.

Chelsea are the best example of a point I made in a brilliant thread I started titled "Managers. Are They Really Important?" which most of you will remember.

You just need money to buy the best players and pay the highest wages. And you'll then have success.

And below the very top tier of managerial genius - Mourinho, Guardiola, Ferguson - who you choose to be manager makes fuck all difference when you have more money than anyone else.

Look at Di Matteo. Sacked after winning the geatest club trophy in the world just 6 months ago. And nobody is surprised and it won't stop Chelsea winning trophies in the future, no matter who they appoint.

I can see the look on Oscar's and Hazard's faces when Rafa instructs them not to leave their 'box' and make sure they are always in the right position to defend.

I ccan see the look on oscar and hazards face when they lift the premier league

I really hope Pep doesn't go there. Not interested in hating him. He should wait for the City job.

Yeah, because a load of clueless oil-rich Arabs with more money than anybody else in football are easy to love. At least Abramocunt loves football.

Mind you, I fucking hate Barcelona too, so I don't care where he goes.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I can see the look on Oscar's and Hazard's faces when Rafa instructs them not to leave their 'box' and make sure they are always in the right position to defend.

Aimar and Baraja managed to do okay under Rafa, in a side that scored shit loads. Torres and Gerrard didn't seem to have to much both in the season the pairing scored over 50 goals. I don't think Hazards and Oscar would have too much trouble.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yeah.

Chelsea are the best example of a point I made in a brilliant thread I started titled "Managers. Are They Really Important?" which most of you will remember.

troy-mc-clure.gif

You just need money to buy the best players and pay the highest wages. And you'll then have success.

And below the very top tier of managerial genius - Mourinho, Guardiola, Ferguson - who you choose to be manager makes fuck all difference when you have more money than anyone else.

Look at Di Matteo. Sacked after winning the geatest club trophy in the world just 6 months ago. And nobody is surprised and it won't stop Chelsea winning trophies in the future, no matter who they appoint.

Yeah, when huge amounts of money are involved, the managerial significance goes down the drain. It's doing it for cheap, that's when a good manager is worth his weight in gold.

What a classless set of twats. Their spoilt bastard of an owner, greedy prostitute players and plastic flag waving bandwagon jumping twats of fans deserve each other.

Di Matteo will get a huge payoff, sign an agreement not to spill the beans on Stalinovich and next year get another job, so who gives a fuck?

I can see 'Arry taking the job until the end of the season. Commute in from Sandbanks, top up the pension fund and I doubt he can be arsed with 4-5 year rebuilding jobs at his age, so they can try again for Guardiola in the summer. Got the gift of the gab.

As has been said, Rafa isn't flashy enough for them. Plus, I think a lot of their fans are dead against it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
And still won't make any fucking difference

Fuck off, Troy.

I don't agree. I think a good manager can be the difference between relegation and a top six spot. Then it takes mega millions to go anywhere.

Why would anybody want to go there? Three or four game winless streak, and you find yourself looking over your shoulder. It's lunacy.

I suppose the severance pay would be pretty tasty though.

It's extraordinarily well remunerated and your reputation post-Chelsea is left largely intact because the cunt's already sacked Mourinho who is probably the best manager in the world.

Plus you have some of the best players to work with, and the funds to bring in more.

The one thing that consoles me when thinking of Chelsea, is just what an unhappy bloke Abramovich must be.

Hes the type of person that if he buys a big fuck off state of the art, best in the world yacht and then someone buys one better than his, he is absolutely gutted. If Chelsea won everything going he'd be unhappy that some manager would be taking the plaudits.

He wants to be the manager himself but is so scared of ridicule and failure he darent do it.

He's always grasping but never happy when he gets it.

No way Rafa will get the job, not a chance.

There are reports he was offered the job on a short contract till the end of the season last time around, so it is possible.

In practise Rafa's ability to fall out with all Boards in quick time makes him a disaster waiting to happen at Chelsea.

Wonder if Steve Clarke would be ready to try this? Doing a great job at WBA so might want to see it through. Of the 'low profile' possibilities, he'd be the most popular. Nothing would surprise me though.

Ok, maybe Mark Hughes would.