You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Di Matteo sacked

King Emlyn

The madness was not sacking him, the madness was hiring him in the first place as he is a pretty shite manager, he is in fact worse than Roy Hodgson who came in and saved West Brom after Di Matteos somewhat naive style and set up.

I think Chelsea felt they had to give him the job though after he won the FA Cup and the CL but it was never going to last.

Agree, they were just waiting for him to stumble.

2 banks of 4, 2 DMS, Mata behind Torres,recall Lukaku from WBA - Rafa woudl get them defending and grinding out results, but as someones said, hard to see how Hazard and Oscar wodul progress under him. The fans and media woudl be baying for blood teh moment he lost a game.

essentially all Rafa could do in the short term is the same job that RDM got them to do last year -going back to basic Mourinho-style tactics. He woudl not move them forward.

Whoever manages them they should be in the top 2 ahead of Utd this year, and I'm convinced they woud have ended up there with Di Matteo.

The sacking is an absolute travesty - a lot of us banged on last year about Dalglish not being responsible for individula errors - look at the chances misssed and the defensive errors from Chelsea last night - they could have won that game. Absolutely shocking decision.

Roll up...roll up...who's next for Mad Roman's managerial merry-go-round....?

Anyone?....Guaranteed the sack within a year no matter what you may achieve in that snake pit? Fucking hell...managers must be tripping over themselves to get in there.

Give the job to Mongo I say. That way we can enjoy the spectacle of watching him cry when he gets the sack after a year.

Edited by JoeyJones65

2 banks of 4, 2 DMS, Mata behind Torres,recall Lukaku from WBA - Rafa woudl get them defending and grinding out results, but as someones said, hard to see how Hazard and Oscar wodul progress under him. The fans and media woudl be baying for blood teh moment he lost a game.

essentially all Rafa could do in the short term is the same job that RDM got them to do last year -going back to basic Mourinho-style tactics. He woudl not move them forward.

Whoever manages them they should be in the top 2 ahead of Utd this year, and I'm convinced they woud have ended up there with Di Matteo.

The sacking is an absolute travesty - a lot of us banged on last year about Dalglish not being responsible for individula errors - look at the chances misssed and the defensive errors from Chelsea last night - they could have won that game. Absolutely shocking decision.

Yea Chelsea are fucked,rafa cant work with attacking players.

Just look at Vicente, aimar,gerrad, torres and that Spanish striker at Valencia who was banging in goals on Rafas last season but disappeared when he left.

These players really struggled under him didnt they? They also showed great form under other managers.

Rafa is greatest Liverpool manager ive seen in my lifetime and imo he should have been brought back whrn hodgson went,as much as it will hurt me seeing him there I will wish him the best and hope Chelsea finish ahead of Manu and city.

• Downvote 1

I'm still bemused as to why they gave him the job in the first place. People say it's because him winning Chelsea the CL and FA cups made it impossible to knock him back. But, leaving aside the fact that he was only there in the latter stages of both cups (and their league form worsened under him during that period), since when has the Russian ever given a fuck for public opinion? It makes no sense that he felt pressured into keeping him during the summer, but has no qualms about sacking managers at will.

Anyway, it'll make for an interesting time if Rafa does go there...:whistle:

Give it Redknapp!

His stock must be rising by the day now he's not in management, he's obviously class if he hasnt got a job.

No, Martinez. He's always up for an interview.

AHHHHH! I've got it!

Shevchenko will get his first management role at Chelsea.

STEVE CLARKE!

Oh this is brilliant.

I can't see Benitez getting this job. For one thing, he will have zero support amongst Chelsea supporters, something he counted on a lot with us when he had problems with owners. Secondly, he won't have any problems with the owner there because the minute he opens his mouth in his direction, he'll be sacked forthwith. Thirdly, he doesn't play the football Abramovich seems to want.

Hard to see it.

Some Chelsea feedback:

We now have had 8 managers in 9 years, this is beyond ridiculous. This is absurd, idiotic and shameless.

AnnoyingOrange wrote:

BuBbA wrote:

It's gonna be fucking Rafa Benitez. We are screwed. I can't believe this.

how do u know?

I don't know, it's the rumors and i have a bad fucking feeling it's gonna be his sorry ass.

Speculation of the media, i don't see him coming. And he won't destroy our team since our managers don't have anything to say about the transfers. I'm pretty sure Abramovic has a better alternative ready to take over... Or at least i hope he does.

This is a fucking joke. i think the board and Abra and just fucking around with the club. The fuck is going on here. Im so fucking pissed off at the club its not even funny. How the hell is Torres still apart of that team but RDM is not anymore.. WTF?

I swear i will throw darts at the management's poster if they appoint Benitez. RB is a crapped manager through and through and he will never make the cut as an interim manager. RDM's errorneous trust in nando as well as in Luiz/Cahill in defence have caused his downfall, but he did win our first CL and the current team is a work-in-progress.

This is really not funny... NOT BENITEZ please...NO LIVERPOOL 2.0

This club is a joke when it comes to management. I hope it's at least pep , or pls be mourihno

This is embarrassing and a joke. How the hell can we sack a manager who hasn't even performed badly. Yes it has to be acknowledged that in the last 3 to 4 weeks, we've struggled but every single side always goes through a dip in form.

Why would anyone look forward to Benitez managing them? Like him or hate him, he was manager here for 6 years and seeing him do well with them would make my stomach churn.

I couldn't care less to be honest. He might get the job, but only if Pep and Mourinho knock it back. He's third choice I reckon. That said I think he would do very well there. Not that that would stop him being sacked after 18 months naturally.

Can't see the point sacking RDM to bring an interim manager in until Pep G gets up off his sunbed and declares himself ready for management again - that just doesn't make sense on any level - especially financially.

Roman must have lined up his top target musn't he - otherwise what's the point of bringing a short term manager in who would in all porbability upset the Chelsea Players Mafia, and take the club backwards. CL apart RDM wasn't doing that badly was he.

Yea Chelsea are fucked,rafa cant work with attacking players.

Just look at Vicente, aimar,gerrad, torres and that Spanish striker at Valencia who was banging in goals on Rafas last season but disappeared when he left.

These players really struggled under him didnt they? They also showed great form under other managers.

Rafa is greatest Liverpool manager ive seen in my lifetime and imo he should have been brought back whrn hodgson went,as much as it will hurt me seeing him there I will wish him the best and hope Chelsea finish ahead of Manu and city.

Having made such a cock up at Inter after taking over them when Champions League and Serie A Winners,I would be surprised if Abramovich would take a chance on someone who likes to be his own man,and obviously would not have the blessing of the vast majority of the Club's supporters.

I couldn't care less to be honest. He might get the job, but only if Pep and Mourinho knock it back. He's third choice I reckon. That said I think he would do very well there. Not that that would stop him being sacked after 18 months naturally.

He's going to be announced tomorrow.