You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Half and Half Scarf

jacksonc

Fucking things should be banned.

Thing is they appeal to the modern fan and help make their day along with videoing everything on their Clitoris phone (every cunt has got one) their bag full of programmes to take back to their mates and sitting in silence throughout the match.

Had the misfortune at last season's derby to sit behind some whopper in the main stand who had a camera as big as the hubble telescope who kept getting up to take photos, after about fifteen mins of this I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he worked for the echo, and if not to just stop jumping up every few seconds to take a pic and watch the game. He stopped but then spent the whole of half time taking pics.

Oh and he had a half and half scarf on and a liverpool shirt complete with name and number on the back over his jacket.

I genuinely despair at the modern football fan.

Looked towards the Kop during YNWA and saw a fair few half n half scarfs. Said to my mate, they should be dragged out of their seat and kicked out. Half n half wankers, what the fuck goes through their heads?

I can understand it against one of the other European giants, maybe. But against another premiership club, or that bunch of fucking bitter mongrels, with their 'murderers' chants, I'll admit I'd ban the half n half wankers from ever setting foot in Anfield again, never mind the fucking Kop.

• Upvote 3

Looked towards the Kop during YNWA and saw a fair few half n half scarfs. Said to my mate, they should be dragged out of their seat and kicked out. Half n half wankers, what the fuck goes through their heads?

I can understand it against one of the other European giants, maybe. But against another premiership club, or that bunch of fucking bitter mongrels, with their 'murderers' chants, I'll admit I'd ban the half n half wankers from ever setting foot in Anfield again, never mind the fucking Kop.

Dead right.

I have no idea what goes through these people's heads, I have seen them with Chelsea on and the Mancs as well, I have no idea why they think it's a good idea to wear something with the crest of a team who's fans are singing to you about being a murderer etc.

I agree half and half is bad enough for the day trippers in the corporate boxes, but half and half in the fucking Kop. This is why Anfield needs built in underground prison cells to detain these cretin's indefinitely. Torture them Abu Ghraib style to find out what they know and who sent them.

Who turn's up in a half and half liverpool / everton scarf? it's not even old people either it's young people from what i saw which makes it all the more baffling as you won't see any at woodison later this season, when the coins are flying.

There was a kid and his dad sat in front of me on Saturday, they said it was their first ever game at Anfield so fuck knows how they got two tickets, together, in the KOP, for a Merseyside derby - but they did. 

The kid was pretty short so was stood on his chair, during you'll never walk alone, his dad tapped me on the leg and asked if I'd hold half on his kids scarf because he was too high up for his dad to grab the other end.  It was a half and half scarf to make matters worse the kid had hold of the Liverpool half and tried to pass me the bitter part, so I politely told him to fuck off.

The fucking old man was slagging me off all first half to some fella sat next to him, about how I'd ruined his kids day because he couldn't hold his fucking snide scarf up during you'll never walk alone. 

• Upvote 1

There's an island somewhere in the Indian ocean, they did a story on it on Granada Reports a few years ago, where half the population are Liverpool fans and the other half mancs, and how the game is a big occasion for them. Not wanting to get gunned down when walking through certain parts of that island is the only excuse I could imagine for having that scarf.

Saying that. Oslo was similar, every pair of people you spoke to one was a Liverpool fan and one was a manc and they'd respond to your scouse accent accordingly. Unfortunately the customs guy on the way out was a manc.

There's an island somewhere in the Indian ocean, they did a story on it on Granada Reports a few years ago, where half the population are Liverpool fans and the other half mancs, and how the game is a big occasion for them. Not wanting to get gunned down when walking through certain parts of that island is the only excuse I could imagine for having that scarf.

Saying that. Oslo was similar, every pair of people you spoke to one was a Liverpool fan and one was a manc and they'd respond to your scouse accent accordingly. Unfortunately the customs guy on the way out was a manc.

Australia?

• Upvote 1

I know a bloke from Belfast who is a mad Celtic fan who used to wear a Rangers scarf depending on the part of town he was in during the troubles. Fair enough, but if it was me i think I'd rather take my chances with the uvf, Isis or the Crips etc than wear an Everton scarf.

Couldn't he just not wear a scarf?

Half Celtic/Liverpool scarves are fine

Half Liverpool/any other english team is just bad aids.

Half and half scarves are an abomination.

The only (just) acceptable use of them is at a particularly momentous occasion, and even then only for youngsters seeking a souvenir of (say) a major cup final. Even then, the only valid excuse for them is they might be cheaper and more durable than a match program - so could be on a bedroom wall.

Anybody over 14 years old shouldn't bother.

They are basically just an excuse for local merchandise touts to only have to get one design made up, instead of two.