You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

No news to report, but just a few pics to show why simply extending the current stands won't resolve all the issues we have. The amazing thing is that you still get restricted view seats in some newly-designed stadiums, and I find that unacceptable for the outlay.

A64T7rNCUAAx1f9.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

a10.jpg

No news to report, but just a few pics to show why simply extending the current stands won't resolve all the issues we have. The amazing thing is that you still get restricted view seats in some newly-designed stadiums, and I find that unacceptable for the outlay.

I have long since argued that the lower Centenary has unacceptably cramped leg space and poor facilities. The Kop too is falling behind. Any idea that retaining the lower eleavtions of the ARE or Main Stand has any merit other than cheapness is extraordinary.

I have witnessed some momentous occasions at Anfield over the decades,but the seated Kop stripped most of the romantic links between the past and the present. The practicalities of a redveloped half new/half old stadium will come as quite a shock to those currently enthusiastic for an undefined design,.

None of those columns would stay. The Anfield Road End upper tier will not stay. All of these poor views can go.

I have long since argued that the lower Centenary has unacceptably cramped leg space and poor facilities. The Kop too is falling behind. Any idea that retaining the lower eleavtions of the ARE or Main Stand has any merit other than cheapness is extraordinary.

I have witnessed some momentous occasions at Anfield over the decades,but the seated Kop stripped most of the romantic links between the past and the present. The practicalities of a redveloped half new/half old stadium will come as quite a shock to those currently enthusiastic for an undefined design,.

Anyone who imagines that the lower portions of the ARE and Main Stand will stay as they are, would be extraordinary.

Anyone who wants to pay more for a better seat or improved facilities in the lower centenary (or any part of the ground) will get their chance. Some will even get the chance to pay less.

Guest San Don

Yeah let's rebuild the whole ground every 10 years. That'll keep it up to date!

Fucking dullard.

Anyone who imagines that the lower portions of the ARE and Main Stand will stay as they are, would be extraordinary.

Anyone who wants to pay more for a better seat or improved facilities in the lower centenary (or any part of the ground) will get their chance. Some will even get the chance to pay less.

Not a chance.

• 5 months later...
Not a chance.

Whilst I ultimately agree with this opinion. Given that are our owners are from a Baseball background they might actually be open to a wide price-range. Time will tell of course but Baseball games are pretty cheap compared to the NFL and the NBA.

The fact that football is the top sport over there is what sways me your way though.

"...there are two or three hoops to go through. The first is property acquisition, the second will be planning and the third will be to build the thing. I would guess our next announcement on it will come sometime in May or June."

Yeah, but which year?

"...there are two or three hoops to go through. The first is property acquisition, the second will be planning and the third will be to build the thing. I would guess our next announcement on it will come sometime in May or June."

Yeah, but which year?

Ian Ayre August 2013: 'We're working hard behind the scenes with other stakeholders but fans don't see that. We hope to be able to give fans a further update before the end of the year'.

There's every chance to introduce wider pricing. Particularly for lesser category games and 'junior' competitions. The flat pricing structure is turning people away.

Of course there is.

They won't.

Not introduce cheaper seating that is. Ticket prices will start at current levels and go up. You'd be plain daft to even hope for anything else.

I am encouraged to hear that land acquisition is going well.

I will be even more encouraged when the size, scale,and scope of what is proposed is unveiled.

Oh yeah it's all going swimmingly according to Ian Ayre.

However...

Quote below is again from a Lothair Road resident:

That's correct, at the present time it's negotiations by agreement no law, no evictions, no CPO. LCC may have made a decision to acquire our homes - but that decision has no weight in law and the process is only validated by agreement (consent). We do not consent - because LCC are not using law rather "negotiations by agreement", therefore we have no lawful obligation to listen to THEM or negotiate with ANYONE.

The city council cannot make a decision to buy our home without our consent - It would be just as easy for us to make a decision to buy OBEse Joe's home and badger him to negotiate by agreement under empty threat of law. They have no power until they use the law and we have no lawful protection until they use that law.

If and when the council try to implement CPO's - we will be afforded the legal right to lodge an appeal and call for a judicial review. Under the current terms "negotiations by agreement", the right to appeal does not exist- how can it?

I very much doubt that the city council will go down the CPO path as it can be an expensive and drawn out process 5 - 10 years in some cases. As you know there exist a lot of circumstantial evidence that would be admissible via appeal or review. I don't see how they can justify their regeneration argument in the face of documented evidence that completely contradicts the official story.

You know how it goes: It takes years of committed neglect to devalue homes, businesses, a whole community and peoples lives - The "Partners" have been doing it for years, and we can prove it.

We have plans and surveys and maps and statements and official documents and photographs and video, all proof of lies and manipulation. Lets roll the dice and see who speaks truth - Joe & John W are you up for it?

Of course there is.

They won't.

Not introduce cheaper seating that is. Ticket prices will start at current levels and go up. You'd be plain daft to even hope for anything else.

They've introduced kids tickets, and there is quite a difference in the cost of the season tickets. Pretty sure the Kop ticket has stayed the same, whilst others have increased.

Eventually when the increased capacity comes and they can move people around a bit easier, those on the half way line will go through the roof. I'm 5 seats away from the most expensive.

Oh yeah it's all going swimmingly according to Ian Ayre.However...

My sceptisism of Ian Ayre's talents personally, and FsG's generally, are pretty established.

The batting order on this is clear.

1. If the club wants to buy land it is free to do so.

2. If the club wants to rely on CPO's there is no certainty they will be obtained.

3. Any redevelopment needs to be sufficient to enable us to compete with the elite ( 60k minimum) and facilities to match.

4. A part redevelopment of the aforementioned may be diificult to get planning on due to massing.

To date the club has acted like a slum landlord, allowing property already owned to deteriorate, further depressing prices, divide and rule purchases, no openness,no grand scheme, no sense of "we're all in this together" just of a very rich landlord trying to buy for as little as possible.