You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

I had forgotten how much I disliked Chelsea until a couple of things happened:

Mourinho begging Chelsea fans to support their own team

Mourinho saying the best team lost

Welcome back to the Premier League. I hope you win nothing ever again.

I was talking to my mate about the game coming up and how it gets to me so much. I want to either be at the game or watch it alone, as I become a right dick. I am the same with the other lot across the park but Chelsea are sneaking into my head.

It is not rivalry, not like the two teams above, which has been ingrained over the years for various reasons. It is I just want them to fail.

The plastic flags, the constant sacking of managers, not even given a chance, the owner etc, etc, etc.

Once upon a time they had a support, they have fuck all now but money. A owner who is so far up his own arse, it is so fucking wrong, in a world of wrongness.

We may not have the best owners but by fuck, would I want that owner and manager anywhere near the place. Well done Bayern, it will not change my weekend but it will not make it any worse.

Mourinho begging Chelsea fans to support their own team.

That was embarassing. They didn't know/have any song to sing. The Bayern fans destroyed them, they were singing for 120 minutes, they covered the stadium with their banners and they were waving their flags. The other side, sitting on their seats, taking pictures of the Bayern fans.

To be fair though, with 10 men, they were pretty solid and even could have won it.

Possession 63% / 37%

Shots 35 / 14

On target 19 / 9

Corners 15 / 5

I would say 19 shots on target is indicative of not being pretty solid, to be fair.

They could indeed have won it but it would have been a massive injustice.

Two things to take from the game that kind of set the tone for the rest of the season. Maureen's embarrassing attempt to whip up the Chelsea fans - and in response those little plastic flags coming out. Hilarious.

And secondly the pale, sallow response of the British media to his outlandish claims and unsporting behaviour. Not a dickiebird: BBC, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent all this morning just trotting out the official line of plucky underdogs showing wonderful grit with only 10 men, without reproach.

Won't just ONE of them break ranks and call it as they see it? Just for ONCE?

How fat is Steve Bruce these days? Fucking hell. It used to just be his head that was really fat, now he's followed on with the rest of him.

Must be all those chippy tea's he's having up there.

I recall him once saying in an interview that to pick him up after a defeat, he treats himself to a pork pie and a can of lager.

I think it's beginning to show.