You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Same here! I wouldn't mind 20M!

I hope Sturridge gets his act together and again shows his worth here. But if not, I'm just trying to imagine the thought process of another team who might be interested. I can't see a mid or lower team, due to wages. And I can't see a big fee, due to fitness record.

But I could possibly see 20M, to a CL club, with them hoping for a useful 10-15 goals from him as an option among their group of strikers.

I think someone might pay about 20M for Sturridge. They will be thinking they can get 20-30 games a season out of him, and 10-15 goals, which, while not enough to be main-man status; it is enough to be one of the four at a CL team.

If we could get 20-30 games out of him a season then I don't even think we'd be having this conversation!

I'm not for one minute suggesting Sturridge is about to become a reliable striker in terms of fitness. If he was reliable we wouldn't be having this conversation, and the price would be 50M+.

I'm just trying to imagine who might possibly be interested, and on what basis. I think it would be a CL team as they can afford the wages, and they would be looking for a potentially crucial 10-15 goals from him as one of their complement of strikers.

The 20-30 appearance thing might be across all competitions, and it might not even be full games. But I don't want to get hung up on that. The possible allure for another team is the 10-15 goals they would be looking for from, essentially, a bit part player.

1-1. I'll take that. Points dropped for Man Utd. I'm hoping for a draw between Spurs and Chelsea too. Obviously we have to take care of our own business.

Rather Chelsea won, to be honest.

They are dire, and even if they were to improve substantially they would need to go on a near title-winning pace from here to get to 70 points.

Two from us, Spurs and United will fill out the top 4 behind Arsenal and City.  If Spurs lose and United draw and we can beat Swansea then this will have been an absolutely brilliant weekend.  Win tomorrow and we can get within 6 of the league leaders.  Given the start we had under Rodgers that would be remarkable.

• Upvote 1

I'd take a Chelsea win too. I agree that Man City and Arsenal should be two of the four (so come on Norwich!) with two from Man Utd, Spurs and ourselves most likely to make up the rest of the top four.

However, I still think there is an outside chance Chelsea can get in the mix for top four, so if they draw with Spurs that wouldn't be too bad either.

Either way, if we win our game we are six points from top spot. If we do well in the easier run we have coming up, by the New Year we could be within three points or so of top spot.

• Upvote 1

I'm not for one minute suggesting Sturridge is about to become a reliable striker in terms of fitness. If he was reliable we wouldn't be having this conversation, and the price would be 50M+.

I'm just trying to imagine who might possibly be interested, and on what basis. I think it would be a CL team as they can afford the wages, and they would be looking for a potentially crucial 10-15 goals from him as one of their complement of strikers.

The 20-30 appearance thing might be across all competitions, and it might not even be full games. But I don't want to get hung up on that. The possible allure for another team is the 10-15 goals they would be looking for from, essentially, a bit part player.

It's not the 10-15 goal bit that I doubt, Rev, it's the 20-30 appearance thing that I think is just pure fantasy on the available evidence.

Moof I think is right.  Keep him, maybe just because I doubt there'll be a buyer, and buy another striker.

Contract renewal on the other hand is an entirely different kettle of Amazon dolphin.