You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez suspension begin tonight

Ahmad Sufi

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised, or upset, that we're not appealing, even though I think we had grounds to. The sad fact is, partly due to our own incompetence earlier in the process, we were fighting an uphill battle that threatened to engulf us in a controversy that could've have massive repurcussions for LFC. Still a bitter pill to swallow though.

I am bemused though as to why they couldn't have held back from announcing this for a bit longer. Not only do we lose Suarez for a big game tonight, but (I think) he comes back in the game against the Scum at Old Trafford. I'd rather he missed that one, personally.

With regards to the ban, presuming we get past Oldham on friday the fourth round of FA Cup fixtures are scheduled for the 28th January, meaning the next game Suarez would be available for would be Spurs at home, followed by United, Everton and Arsenal.

Can't help but think that factored into the decision.

I saw it coming. Said so earlier.

Pissed off about it to be honest. I knew we'd bend over rather than fight.

But I'm glad we at least made an attempt to help Luis in the end with that statement and allowed him to make that statement he made.

But what does it say for us now in the future. It's going to be open season on us now from the FA, they've beaten us into submission granted with a lot of help from our own cock ups.

But they really have been basically corrupt in how they've gone about dealing with this and we've just allowed them to win despite their corruption. That will do us no good whatsoever in the future.

I saw it coming. Said so earlier.

Pissed off about it to be honest. I knew we'd bend over rather than fight.

But I'm glad we at least made an attempt to help Luis in the end with that statement and allowed him to make that statement he made.

But what does it say for us now in the future. It's going to be open season on us now from the FA, they've beaten us into submission granted with a lot of help from our own cock ups.

But they really have been basically corrupt in how they've gone about dealing with this and we've just allowed them to win despite their corruption. That will do us no good whatsoever in the future.

Hopefully, next time we take the BFG to the gun fight instead of the knife.

With regards to the ban, presuming we get past Oldham on friday the fourth round of FA Cup fixtures are scheduled for the 28th January, meaning the next game Suarez would be available for would be Spurs at home, followed by United, Everton and Arsenal.

Can't help but think that factored into the decision.

Yup. City away would be a tough call either with or without him. Hopefully Gerrard starts tonight and Carroll gets on the end of a couple.

What would Utd have wanted the most? For him to play tonight and help us beat City and be unavailable for Utd later is what.

A few on here did suggest that the FA were delaying release of the paperwork to increase the chances of him missing the UTD game.

I'm glad he'll be around for that.

Hopefully he can end their title hopes single handedly.

I hope the club is now fully aware of what they are up against on and off the pitch.

Absolutely no denying there's an agenda.

Wise up Yanks.

What the fuck did people expect us to do ? Does anybody really think that appealing would get anywhere ? There was no way this 'judgement' was going to be reversed, even if we appealed to another 'independent panel'.

Fuck knows what going to CAS would of resulted in, he would still of been banned for eight games though. We've been royally fucked over the whole thing, partly our own fault, but once that 'verdict' was made he was always going to serve a ban.

I actually think the timing of the ban is pretty good, Suarez could potentially only sit out four league games.

The whole situation is shite, and I feel deeply sorry for Suarez, but I think we've begrudgingly made the correct call. In Suarez's statement he seems extremely appreciative of the support he's received, I can't see him walking over this.

Hopefully, next time we take the BFG to the gun fight instead of the knife.

Well I've been happy with how things have been going on the pitch, Kenny has been instilling what looks like a top class approach to playing football, for the most part player recruitment has been good, we've got some top class coaches in etc... etc...

Things are looking good in that respect.

But still we seem to be unprofessional verging on borderline incompetent in some respects off the field. This is a real kick in the balls. And incredibly frustrating knowing what we all know, that the FA's house is built on a foundation of lies.

I really hope something is done off the field in terms of making things better organized and more professional in how we deal with everything, not just things of this nature.

I also hope we do our utmost to make the FA's lives a fucking misery if its justified from here on in. But I don't hold out much hope for that. The name of the game seems to be bow down and hold your tongue and we have naively gone on for years thinking that everythings fair and right in the game. Its fucking bullshit and some people need some serious educating.

But most of all I hope we do our best to help Luis through all this. Many people say he'll leave, I honestly don't know if he will. Its too early to know, but I wouldn't blame him if he did. We've shown him loyalty but this whole issue goes beyond more than that. We can offer him loyalty but we can't take back the cock ups we've made or make his life any easier now.

I know some people will say the 100,000 odd grand a week will help, but no matter how much I make I wouldn't live happily be unjustly labelled a racist.

While disappointed by this decision, I can see the rationale behind it.

We're basically saying, in the strongest way possible, that we will accept the ban but dispute the process and the verdict. The club don't accept that Luis Suarez is racist no matter what the mong press say. That's all we could really do.

I just hope that the club become a right royal pain in the ass to the FA by highlighting every dodgy red card and instance of clubs failing to control their players.

Anyway, all this will be overshadowed when the Terry case hits court and subsequent FA ban following whatever the verdict.

After the statement the club released and the issues it raises it is clear that there is a sense of injustice within the club. So there should be as the FA, regardless of what they have said to the contrary, have set Luis Suarez up as a racist.

What makes it more galling is the fact that the only truly racist word used in this whole carve up came from the purple lips of Evra's manager; "He called the lad a nigger". A lying, whore born, gutter bred, money grubbing, sack of Govan shit is the real racist in this matter. I detest this cowardly bastard more than anyone else I can think - and I am thinking Thatcher, Reagan, Blair, Bush, Cameron and Micky Thomas.

After the statement the club released and the issues it raises it is clear that there is a sense of injustice within the club. So there should be as the FA, regardless of what they have said to the contrary, have set Luis Suarez up as a racist.

What makes it more galling is the fact that the only truly racist word used in this whole carve up came from the purple lips of Evra's manager; "He called the lad a nigger". A lying, whore born, gutter bred, money grubbing, sack of Govan shit is the real racist in this matter. I detest this cowardly bastard more than anyone else I can think of - and I am thinking Thatcher, Reagan, Blair, Bush, Cameron and Micky Thomas.

Edited by torahboy

I just hope that the club become a right royal pain in the ass to the FA by highlighting every dodgy red card and instance of clubs failing to control their players.

I think its simply a must to at least ensure we arn't continually shafted. But I don't hold out much hope of us doing that.

Anyway, all this will be overshadowed when the Terry case hits court and subsequent FA ban following whatever the verdict.

Haha...FA Ban...Terry...

I've seen a few people on here say that. I think a lot of people on this site are going to be very very surprised when whatever the outcome of the criminal charges. He continues playing without so much as a batted eyelid.