You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm back.......

TheBitch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to Vietnam for a week later this month with a few lads. Any tips on what to do would be greatly appreciated; so far we're just planning to see Halong bay and get smashed.

The main cities - Ho Chi Min and Hanoi are immense. The stuff inbetween is cool - there's a proper old town who's name escapes me, which is interesting. There's a really built up party town between the 2 where you can do boat parties and water parks and shit and aside from that its very rural and not overly welcoming to guests (in my opinion obviously). And as Rich has pointed out the food is amazing. Get prepared to feel down if you go to any war museum's.

The one thing which i will always remember Vietnam for is the sleeper buses - which i've never come across anywhere else. Entirely boss.

Its a cool place but it doesn't even come close to Thailand, Cambodia or Laos tho

I'm going to Vietnam for a week later this month with a few lads. Any tips on what to do would be greatly appreciated; so far we're just planning to see Halong bay and get smashed.

As you obviously know, a week isn't a great deal of time to explore a country of Vietnams size.

I was there for 2 weeks and it wasn't nearly long enough.

If you're planning on Halong Bay, I'd recommend 2 nights out there.

Sapa is also in the North and I thoroughly enjoyed it, 3 nights/2 days, trekking with a hill tribe. But that doesn't leave you alot of time to see anywhere else.

Hue is a really chilled out place with fantastic temples around the area accessible on motorbike.

I never got to Hoi An, but apparently it's amazing, good cafes, bars, scenery, food and people. I'll be going there, Da Nang and Nha Trang next time I'm in the area.

I enjoyed Ho Chi Minh, going to the war museum and the Cu Chi tunnels were memorable and sobering experiences. Plenty of bars and clubs to get smashed in here too.

I'll be honest, this place was better without TB. The handsome bastard with his designer beard and athletic body and probable large knob should fuck off back to Taiwan and give us ugly cunts a chance with Melons. I've no fooking chance now, the lanky suntanned twat.

As you obviously know, a week isn't a great deal of time to explore a country of Vietnams size.

I was there for 2 weeks and it wasn't nearly long enough.

If you're planning on Halong Bay, I'd recommend 2 nights out there.

Sapa is also in the North and I thoroughly enjoyed it, 3 nights/2 days, trekking with a hill tribe. But that doesn't leave you alot of time to see anywhere else.

Hue is a really chilled out place with fantastic temples around the area accessible on motorbike.

I never got to Hoi An, but apparently it's amazing, good cafes, bars, scenery, food and people. I'll be going there, Da Nang and Nha Trang next time I'm in the area.

I enjoyed Ho Chi Minh, going to the war museum and the Cu Chi tunnels were memorable and sobering experiences. Plenty of bars and clubs to get smashed in here too.

Thanks for that man. Spiritual rep to Red Banjo and yourself.

Thanks for that man. Spiritual rep to Red Banjo and yourself.

My reply was a bit vague but Rich filled in the names for me. Nha Trang is the built up place where you can party on boats and shit, and Hoi An is the old place full of old shit.

Both cool.

I've never been more aware of Rich's existence than when he was away, tweeting like fuck about how great a time he was having. After the borderline suicidal moaning dies down I'd imagine I'll hear less from him now he's home.

I'm pretty quiet right now aren't I. You'd be hearing more of my suicidal moaning if the fucking internet worked on my phone, then I could tweet how shit work was. Like right now.

Luckily I can get on here on the works internet otherwise there's a chance I'd have thrown myself off the top of the plant.

Yes that's right. TLW is keeping me alive.