You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

I have sat in 305 in the 70's rows (think there is 75 or 76 rows in kop) and i'd say that is about right....

Another thing, the Kop really looks tiny from that side now, would love it if we could extend it further back in a single tier. 

42 minutes ago, Code said:

Another thing, the Kop really looks tiny from that side now, would love it if we could extend it further back in a single tier. 

Not sure it will happen in forseeable future - obvious challenges with WBR and i believe the roof supports etc for the main and maybe the kemlyn present big challenges too.

I'm not all that clued up on it all but from stuff i have read it looks unlikely.

There may also be potential issues around transport links once we hit a certain capacity - all in all a Kop extension or rebuild seems to be a very tricky thing.

11 hours ago, Code said:

I read you dont see the goal at the Kop end if you stand up at the back row, you have to sit down?

Thats crazy if true. 

If that is true, then it is fucking rubbish then!  That was exactly the problem with the back rows of the old Anny Road lower tier. If they have made the same mistake again then it's diabolical. 

8 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

If that is true, then it is fucking rubbish then!  That was exactly the problem with the back rows of the old Anny Road lower tier. If they have made the same mistake again then it's diabolical. 

The info today is that the goal at the Kop end had been moved backwards to make space for the  artificial lights that help the grass grow, so it should not be a problem. 

Sorry for the wrong info at first. 

On 11/12/2023 at 22:41, Code said:

I read you dont see the goal at the Kop end if you stand up at the back row, you have to sit down?

Thats crazy if true. 

One person on my Facebook said that the speaker on the stand blocks the view of the Kop goal. Hopefully they can build it into the stand after the test event.

27 minutes ago, an tha said:

Decent video here where feller goes to a  different specs including the furthest corners to show views.

That's surreal. I used to go in the Anfield Road end quite a lot. Was used to the lack of room at half time inside, it had a charm. I feel a pang of nostalgia, and a bit sad that I'll never do that again. It's for the best though, obviously! 

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

That's surreal. I used to go in the Anfield Road end quite a lot. Was used to the lack of room at half time inside, it had a charm. I feel a pang of nostalgia, and a bit sad that I'll never do that again. It's for the best though, obviously! 

Ha! I hear you.

Same with main stand and needing to duck down not to hit head in places in the concourse!