You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

International football today

Newport

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sooooooohh exactly who are those better centre backs than st ledger??? please enlighten me ,because I feel like the last 5 years of my life has been wasted looking for one

Clarke off Villa isnt a bad player. He's better than St Ledger who is a reserve for Leicester City. Id probably move O'Shea into the middle and play Coleman right back (I know he's injured now, but when he's fit).

St Ledger isnt the only centre back we can choose from.

Anyone help me out? I had Klose Rooney Ronaldo to all score anytime yesterday. I checked UEFA website and it says Klose scored but Skysports and british sites say Ozil. Coral have said Ozil. If its on the UEFA website surely thats got to be the number one go by of who has scored? Anyone else been in this situation before?. Once bets are settled is that set in stone or can i appeal it?

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Had a quick check of the odds and Roy Hodgson is 12/1 to be next ROI manager. He has one last International job in him, should he fail to get the England job.

That really would be the luck of the Irish.

If that happened, you'd be hearing about that famous victory against the Faroes. ROI Hodgson indeed.

He is doing well, but the football is fucking dire. The team selections are awful, too. He insists on playing Whelan and Andrews in the middle of the park who never look forward and the tactics seem to be lump it up to Doyle/Long who flick it on. We are relying too much on keane to bail us out. There are better centre backs than St Ledger and he insists on playing Kilbane when fit.

He's ran his course and should go after the summer when his contract is up.

sooooooohh exactly who are those better centre backs than st ledger??? please enlighten me ,because I feel like the last 5 years of my life has been wasted looking for one

St. Ledger never lets us down, in my view. Seems a good lad and generally enjoys playing for our country. Saying that, he still would not be in my first eleven though.

Not so sure on Coleman at right-back either. I don't think Moyes fancies him there and I'm not sure I do either. My right-back would be Joey O'Brien at West Ham - he had terrible injuries for two seasons there so I hope he can stay fit now.

I wouldn't play Keith Andrews for our 'C' team, if we even had one. The lad is fucking brock and better players like James McCarthy aren't even making the squad.

I don't think Kilbane quite cuts it at International level anymore to be honest. Saying that, did he ever actually cut it? Maybe he did, after all he has made over a 100 caps. Steven Ward wasn't so hot lastnight but the man has only made a handful of caps for Ireland yet. Hopefully, he can grow into that left back berth as well as he is at Wolves at the moment. He can play ball too if the team he is playing for decides to play ball that is. Greg Cunningham is making good signs at City as well; hopefully he gets a loan move for this season.

I know people don't like the following but I don't care, as I do.

All fit and firing, I'd go with:

---------------------Given--------------------

J O'Brien------Dunne-------O'Shea------S Ward

--------------McCarthy----Whelan------------

Coleman----------------------------------Duff

--------------Keane--------Long-------------

Westwood, Stephen Kelly, St. Ledger, Marc Wilson, Ciaran Clark, Cunningham, Fahey, Gibson, McGeady, Stephen Hunt, Keith Treacy, John Walters, Doyle and Stokes to complete the squad. The lads in bold are not even in the current squad for fuck sake (and I am aware some are injured and McCarthy got called up once Long got injured).

This is Keane's last campaign as a starter hopefully. Doyle and Long for the next campaign, please.

Not a massive fan of him but Martin O'Neil to be the next manager. I think Trappa should leave after our Euros campaign is over. Hopefully that is next July.

We'll beat Russia.

What an absolute uber cunt of a shit cunt arsehole referee. I swear to god the man should be given his P45 before he gets to the refs changing room. That was an utterly shocking display from him, not just in the penalty decisions but all day. He was a useless shitbag of a fucking waster cunt.

We probably wouldn't have qualified anyway, but to be robbed of the chance like that is out-fucking-rageous.

Who is that ref? Looks like a butch lesbian prison warden. That Czech striker Rezek blatantly dived in the box, yet a couple of minutes later, Scotland's Berra breaks into the box, gets tripped, then booked for diving! The co-commentator on Sky kept saying how this ref has had a 'mare. Just watching the second half, I'd go along with that.

However, not being Scottish means I don't actually care about the result. How small-time have Scotland become? Playing music immediately after scoring smacks of lower league football. Will they ever get tired of the brave-but-unlucky cliche?

What an absolute uber cunt of a shit cunt arsehole referee. I swear to god the man should be given his P45 before he gets to the refs changing room. That was an utterly shocking display from him, not just in the penalty decisions but all day. He was a useless shitbag of a fucking waster cunt.

We probably wouldn't have qualified anyway, but to be robbed of the chance like that is out-fucking-rageous.

I'm gobsmacked at that refereeing performance. Absolutely stunned. Without a doubt the worst refereeing I've ever seen at international or any other level. He needs banning after that.

watching that ref's display I've changed my opinion now, first I thought one of the worst displays of a ref I've ever seen. Now I think he's been bribed. shocking stuff.

Yep he was shit. Felt sorry for Scotland they should had a penalty and the one they conceded was never a penalty.