You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Houllier's Shooting From The Hip

Guest DIGGERS DRIBBLE

Guest DIGGERS DRIBBLE

This article has just appeared on the echo website. My god is he an arrogant Fuck!!!!!

GERARD HOULLIER hit back defiantly today at criticism of his Anfield managerial record.

The Reds boss saw his side guaranteed Champions League football next season after Newcastle failed to beat Southampton last night, then woke up to newspaper headlines suggesting his reign is under threat from Steve Morgan's investment proposal.

Houllier said: "I want to pay a huge tribute to the players.

"It has been a year of tribulations with the injuries we have suffered.

"To me it's a massive achievement to have overcome that and I want to publicly acknowledge those players and the fans who have followed the team, especially away from home.

"I'm very pleased - as is everyone who loves the club."

Houllier then hit back at criticism of his own record.

"It has been written that Steve Morgan wants a new manager and I have also read that I'm in the sixth of a five-year plan. That is mischievous because I have only been in charge for five years.

"In those five years we have qualified for the UEFA Cup in the first year and last year and for the Champions League the other years. I was asked to qualify for the Champions League only every three years and we have done more than that.

"The boys here have played more than 50 European games and have not lost very many. We have also managed to get six trophies and reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League. To win those trophies we have beaten Manchester United twice and Arsenal.

"The signings have been criticised and yes we have signed a lot of players, but if a club like Liverpool cannot spend £8m or £9m a year to invest in the future it is difficult to understand because some clubs have done more than that.

"You say that signing Diouf was a mistake, but we won a major trophy with him. And what about the players we have signed who have increased the value of the squad when I took over. As for not introducing players from the youth academy, do people think I'm stupid?

"I'm not going to send out a team which is not good enough to represent Liverpool.

"I feel very sorry for Bobby Robson because there is a fine line between winning and losing and he is suffering from the problems we endured at the beginning of the season when we had Henchoz and Hamann missing, then Michael Owen for four months, Baros and Carragher, not to mention injuries for Kewell and Steven Gerrard.

"That is why I want to play special tribute to the players who have achieved Champions League qualification

I like his comments about the youth system, so why has he spent nearly £30Million in the last 2 seasons on players that are not good enough for LFC. Do i think he's stupid.....Yes

"I want to pay huge tribute to the players" I thought for a minute he was going to praise the Saints players :)

As for Henchoz being injured, he found a place on the bench when healthy for Igor.

"I was asked to qualify for CL only every three years." Can't set the bar lower than that. Who asked you this?

Yes, we've beaten manU twice and Arse once in "Cup" Finals.

We've also gone out to CP, 16 men injured Pompey and Basle.

Guest Podge

Didn't mention the fact that he's boring the fuck out

of us all with his sterile football & baffling tactics.

Sick of his bullshit.

"It has been written that Steve Morgan wants a new manager and I have also read that I'm in the sixth of a five-year plan. That is mischievous because I have only been in charge for five years."

Did he say this with a straight face?!?

"In those five years we have qualified for the UEFA Cup in the first year and last year and for the Champions League the other years. I was asked to qualify for the Champions League only every three years and we have done more than that."

Asked by whom, exactly? I would have thought the ABSOLUTE fucking minimum would be to qualify for it EVERY year?

Just because you're a paranoid delusional doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Humble Adj to be modest

Rectum n final section of the lower intestine.

Guess which one Houllier is? I just be refreshed by some honesty from our glorious leader.

I have a mental picture of Ged dressed like a dalek, waving his plunger about screaming 'Defend. Defend DEFEND'

Oh okay - just me then.

It baffles me how he can be so defiant...... and blind.

" I won't send out a team that is not good enough to represent Liverpool."

Do I really need to add a comment to that garbage.

So apparently Diouf has not been a mistake, because we have won the Worthington Cup while he has been here.

Do you think I am stupid? Yes. Do you think we are stupid? Obviously Yes.

I think he realises that finishing 4th has ensured him a stay of execution. Is he deliberately rubbing it in our faces!!!!!

The man infuriates me!!!!

Unfortunatly, next year is going to be exactly the same,

I can't see them sacking him this summer or even during the season.

Does he mean that the Academy players aren't good enough for Liverpool or am I reading that wrong?

He also goes on about Baros being injured but when he was fit, and covered more ground than the number 8 all season, he still got dropped!

I could write forever about this man but I'll just leave it with this point,

If there were 15 Champions League places he'd still be trying to kid us into saying 15th place was an achievement.

I'm not looking forward to next year one bit

I really do have some sympathy for GH.He's been underfire for most of the season with a team, aside from the usual suspects, whose confidence appeared shot.Yet despite this he has managed to turn around results,albeit at the very last possible moment , to achieve champions league qualification.

If the team had been playing as they have done over recent games we would have secured fourth spot along time ago and been challenging maybe not the arse but certainly the other 2 teams.

But they havent or didnt and thats the real point isnt it? A squad almost exclusively constructed by the man has failed.Yes the players must look to themselves as having let down the club but what part does the manager who brought them in and failed to bring their best out take?What words can you use to describe not just the first but a second season where the manager fails not only to challenge for the epl but his own previous successes?

As fans we dont expect a full report on what he thought went wrong but we do deserve a little truth or should that be reality?Compare recent comments from both SG and MO.Why is it then so difficult for the boss to concede what we as the fans know?A little more honesty and he would gain the respect of a lot more of us.Might not change peoples minds over who they wish to be in the hot seat next season but his self justifications and spinning of facts are destroying what little credibility he has.

It hurts me deep down every time he opens his mouth, it really does.

I try to steer clear of his interviews nowadays because they make me angry. Why can't he treat the fans with some goddamned respect? I should think we had earnt it over the past 112 years.

He keeps saying the criticism is unfair, but what people have been pointing out has been confirmed by the players.

We are a club in turmoil both on and off the pitch, make no mistake about it. 4th place is no achievement when it is "achieved" with 60 points or so. So we have had a few players out injured, but that's what the squad is for, isn't it? And name one club who hasn't had any injuries over the past 12 months.

I'm getting sick and tired of him calling the fans stupid, because that's what he's doing every time he is interviewed. The opinions of lifelong supporters have oce again been discounted by Houllier's "massive achievement" comments from today.

I feel sick because he has apparently succeeded in brainwashing the people who run this club into thinking this is acceptable. It is not and it is far from acceptable.

I feel more depressed than ever about things at the moment, because there is just NO light at the end of the tunnel. All I need is a change, a glimmer of hope and the belief that things will change, but I think we've seen this season that Houllier will not change. He'll say things have changed, but they have not.

Things will never improve significantly under Houllier, because the players have lost faith and the fans have lost hope. When we lose a game next season things will start all over again and it will not stop unless we win the title (yeah right) or Houllier goes.

I'd like to apologise if this post has made little or no sense, I just needed to get it off my chest.

Makes perfect sense, DT. Well said, as along with REDTALSIKER. The last point DT made is spot-on. If we get off to the start as we did last year, then we are right back at it again, and the laughingstock of football clubs. He will provide even madder excuses. The last two years have shown this.

Thank God we had Diouff for that MAJOR Cup Final. Like, we didn't win that match because of, oh, the Pole in the goal, or Ste Gerrard. I'm glad we were set straight on that. Hopefully, GH will save him for the EC final next year.

And if we start like we did two seasons ago, before the Boro debacle, Ged will rub it all in our faces. It doesn't matter, because the likelyhood of that happening is improbable. There is too much troubled water under the bridge.

He will have Euro 2004 excuses, the CL QR3 match in august, etc etc...

" If we get off to the start as we did last year, then we are right back at it again, and the laughingstock of football clubs. He will provide even madder excuses. The last two years have shown this."

Not only that but we will be in the market for a manager in the middle of a season, and none will be available because all will have found new clubs during the summer. The situation is untenable and I can't believe the board actually think he's able to turn things round. Are they blind?

Fuck Houllier, Fuck Moores, Fuck Thailand, Fuck Morgan, Fuck Liverpool.

Fuck the lot of ya's.

You're not fucking worth the grief anymore.

I've had it with the lot of ya.

Well in VV.

FUCK OFF THE LOT OF YER, YER BUNCH OF ARL CUNTS.

Guest Podge

I just cant believe this man is gonna be in charge next season,

I mean what needs to happen for the board to realise that he takiing

our club down the tube. The utter cheek to try & say this season

has been a succes, fukn cunt. We won the Worthless cup while Diouf

was in the team, so that means he was a success. God help us! I give up.

Guest Dalglish 7

Agree completely with everybody earlier on in the thread.The man is a loon and has never been the same since he came back after his heart scare.I was one of the last of my family(who are all LFC fanatics)to turn on GH.I will always remember the treble in 2001,but the longer he stays the more despised he is going to become.I think the icon on the right side of the page describes how all the fans complaining about him are feeling.Hitiing our heads off a brick wall!!