You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It really does look like a City away kit. It's just a piece of shit, set against that fact the blue issue is almost irrelevant.

Edit: Those socks make me want to projectile vomit. Oh and woohoo it's a throwback to our first ever home kit from 1892. Just like Cholera, workhouses and five year old chimney sweeps, this should have been left in Victorian times for me. OK It's not a crime against humanity or anything but it is a pretty shitty footy kit.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New third kit for 2011-12 - Liverpool FC

Revealed exclusively today on Liverpoolfc.tv, our third choice strip for the new season is white, cyan and black in colour, with the inclusion of cyan blue a throwback to Liverpool's first ever home kit back in 1892 which incorporated alternate white and blue halves.

With the design inspiration taken from the classic tracksuit tops worn by the famous Liverpool teams of the mid 1980s, this brand new kit presents a modern look whilst giving a nostalgic nod to the club's illustrious past

I was hoping for a yellow/red combo like we had in the 80's and again in 2006 and I was going to get one with 7 SUAREZ on it but not now. I won't be buying one of those crap shirts. It's NOT LIVERPOOL!! Like people before have said I really don't think they will sell very many at all. Maybe to foreign fans who don't know any better. Maybe that's their idea that they will sell in Asia.

See, it's cyan. Not blue at all.

Obviously some cunt forgot to change the magenta toner before the mock ups were passed around.

If we end up playing man city and they have their away strip on it's gonna look like 10 packs of embassy running round after 10 packs of regal.... Nick O'Teens subliminal advertising going down here I reckon. Where' s the intrepid tooth to get to the bottom of it

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Earlier on I was 'I'll believe it when I see it'. Now that I've seen it, I can't fucking believe it. I feel like crying 'rape' out of my window. Somebody help.

Why do you even care we won't be wearing it anyway we got a classic red and 2nd black and that's it. So it's more of a commerical move than anything else, although they're not any good but still miles better than Chelsea's.

Who's going to buy that shite though? I'm sure they could have sold more if they made a yellow or white w/red 3rd kit.

Removes any fears that people would be unhappy with Warrior replacing Adidas. Warrior will now be the saviours of our kit

A more cynical man might believe that the club have stitched Adidas on this one

Any new kit is sanctioned by the CEO or MD whatever they want to call the position this week. This is one persons fuck up alone and any anger should be directed at the door of Ian ayre. Meant to be "one of us"? Fucking hell.

This illustrates once again the club has no fucking interest in what fans want and they think purely in pound signs. Doesn't matter who the owners are, hasn't been any different for a long, long time. The only thing I don't understand is if they were wanting us to wear standard chartered corporate colours why they wouldn't use their green too. If you're going to sell your soul, do it properly.

Any new kit is sanctioned by the CEO or MD whatever they want to call the position this week. This is one persons fuck up alone and any anger should be directed at the door of Ian ayre. Meant to be "one of us"? Fucking hell.

This illustrates once again the club has no fucking interest in what fans want and they think purely in pound signs. Doesn't matter who the owners are, hasn't been any different for a long, long time. The only thing I don't understand is if they were wanting us to wear standard chartered corporate colours why they wouldn't use their green too. If you're going to sell your soul, do it properly.

Wow, it's a football kit mate. We've had blue on our kit in the past. Not a big deal.

I think you're right, it is all about cash. This shirt will be aimed at overseas new fans who aren't that familiar with the club's history & think that a blue shirt will go better with their jeans. If it sells well, we can expect similar in the future. If it doesn't sell then it will be used as an argument against anyone who's unhappy about Warrior replacing Adidas next year.

For me, blue is a step too far but the thinking fits in with Ayre & FSG's marketing strategies. And in most cases they are very good at bringing extra cash to the club.

Removes any fears that people would be unhappy with Warrior replacing Adidas. Warrior will now be the saviours of our kit

A more cynical man might believe that the club have stitched Adidas on this one

Yup... that third kit is about the worst piece of shit top that I've ever viewed.

WHITE TRIMMED WITH BLUE! WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!

Because it's not Standard Chartered's corporate blue, anyway. This screams to me of Adidas taking the piss, or the Club getting Adidas to piss in their own cereal to make the move to Warrior easier for everyone to accept.

Guest davelfc
Because it's not Standard Chartered's corporate blue, anyway. This screams to me of Adidas taking the piss, or the Club getting Adidas to piss in their own cereal to make the move to Warrior easier for everyone to accept.

Try a google image of standard chartered and then come back and tell me that colour isn't all over their stuff?

It's a disgrace and my mild irritation of the kit has now turned to anger. I hope nobody buys that shite.

I've seen a nice yellow one on ebay that someone was selling, obviously a fake but I might buy that because I wouldn't take that shit one for free.

Try a google image of standard chartered and then come back and tell me that colour isn't all over their stuff?

It's a disgrace and my mild irritation of the kit has now turned to anger. I hope nobody buys that shite.

I've seen a nice yellow one on ebay that someone was selling, obviously a fake but I might buy that because I wouldn't take that shit one for free.

I don't need to... I live RIGHT NEXT to a Standard Chartered. I know their corporate colours by heart, as I see it every fucking day.