You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Country

Section_31

6 hours ago, an tha said:

Top headline on BBC website....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63851251

Amazing how similar billing is not given to the reasons for the strikes and people speaking up for them taking place and the principles/rights/well being etc being fought for.

No instead just a nice soundbite from tory vermin designed to send a message that it is the strikers who are at fault.

Screenshot-20221204-150819-Chrome.jpg

Everytime I hear lynch interviewed he is asked the same question 

Yeah but aren't you just inconveniencing people?

That's the whole point of strikes you thick cunt,so it proves what a difference you make when you are not there.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Everytime I hear lynch interviewed he is asked the same question 

Yeah but aren't you just inconveniencing people?

That's the whole point of strikes you thick cunt,so it proves what a difference you make when you are not there.

The media are hopeless - they either never press shithouse tory politiicians hard enough and allow them to non answer questions or they frame questions like your example above to people like Lynch.

Hopeless.

Sick of these pricks blaming Putin for rising energy prices. Doesn't the uk only get 4% of gas from Russia anyway, it buys more from Qatar. Also, Germany buys for energy from Russia and their prices haven't gone out of control like it has here.

Liz truss just repeated it non stop like the 2 weeks woman from from Total Recall when she kept getting destroyed on local radio. 

The reason that they have gone up is because they won't reign in the greedy bastards. Probably because the corrupt twats have shares in the energy companies and are profiting from peoples misery.

Like that Tory chairman genuinely gives a fuck about anyone being inconvenienced or struggling at Christmas.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Sick of these pricks blaming Putin for rising energy prices. Doesn't the uk only get 4% of gas from Russia anyway, it buys more from Qatar. Also, Germany buys for energy from Russia and their prices haven't gone out of control like it has here.

Liz truss just repeated it non stop like the 2 weeks woman from from Total Recall when she kept getting destroyed on local radio. 

The reason that they have gone up is because they won't reign in the greedy bastards. Probably because the corrupt twats have shares in the energy companies and are profiting from peoples misery.

Like that Tory chairman genuinely gives a fuck about anyone being inconvenienced or struggling at Christmas.

Truss used to blame the market crash she caused on Putin, quite astounding really. Even Kuensberg was open mouthed. 

25 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They mention Putin whenever they can for two reasons - first, that he's just the boogeyman now, we all have to hate him (not that I'm saying we shouldn't like) so it's handy to just conflate things. Like "high prices are on Putin", so if you say "I don't like high prices" in our mongochaistic society that's basically extrapolated to "oh so you like Putin then do you?"

Second the war in Ukraine is just about the only thing they have any credibility left on. Everything else has simply been trashed - their new knuckle draggers think they're basically letting half of Africa across the channel on boats and their old base think their economic policies have destroyed the country, and everyone else sees no cash in their pocket at the beginning of the month never mind the end with public services on their arse.

Governments tend to try and reframe debate to focus on their policy successes; this government's problem is that they have to make every debate end up talking about Ukraine, because everything else has been an unmitigated disaster.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m in a pub in Mayfair, there’s a group of young kids about 21/22 dressed in black tie.  One looks so much like Gove it’s untrue.  

Some of you would explode if you were here. 

Didn't have you down for Black Tie dinners at the Dorchester. 

9 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

The Utility Awards were funny. Lots of water companies won awards and were booed. I went for a piss and said to the bloke next to me ‘how about we go back to their hotels and shit in their baths and see how they like it’ 

Make a change from rivers

• Upvote 1

On 04/12/2022 at 15:10, Bjornebye said:

"How dare they Train Drivers are on 3.8 million pound a week and they wan't more?! Bloody Labours fault send em back!" 

My own anecdotal experience of this one is that the train companies are being run pretty badly based on only one example I have knowledge of. A lad I know qualified as a driver, started on £30K a year, which went up to £45K based on him supposedly completing a certain amount of training, then is due to go up to £60K very soon when the training has been done and he’s navigated a certain amount of solo journeys or whatever. Well he’s approaching the £60K increase now which comes between 2 and 3 years in, and he’s done about 3 months work since he started, including training courses and shadowing qualified people. He will be getting £60K even though he hasn’t completed the training to have got the first bump to £45K. That’s mental

It's only mental because most people earn absolute shite money. I've heard more people kick off about train drivers or head teachers wages than I have bankers bonuses or politicians bribes I mean paid speeches. I'm glad train drivers earn good money. If wages kept up with inflation since world war 2 what would the annual salary be?

• Upvote 5