You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Country

Section_31

34 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The whole system is a fucking scam. 

"Work hard, go to Uni - get a good job"

Can't get a job.

"That's your fault that."

Save hard, get a mortgage, because Thatcher said you're shit if you don't.

"Okay I've got a mortgage, can't afford it now though".

Don't look at us. 

They chew through everything. They tore up the working class's employers and gobbled them up, then they ate through councils and the public sector, then they tried making money out of the last group of people who had anything left to steal - the taxpayer - with Covid PPE and LTD company scams - now they're onto the last group of people they could afford to shit on, but don't care any more because they've swallowed their fill and are off to another gig. 

The latest narrative seems to be if you can't afford it, then your own fault. I had a mortgage in 1980 and interest rates were 10%*

Completely missing the point of house price to wages ratio. Once again, people who could get cheap houses and free further education, strong unions etc blaimng the victims of the last 40 years of disaster capitialism that they openly support. 

For my sins, Jeremy Vine on yesterday and a guest completely debunked this lie about interest rates in 1980s, compared to now, using facts and figures. 

Same lie on phone in today and Vine completely silent on correcting. 

* Or whatever is was

• Upvote 3

Just now, Scooby Dudek said:

The latest narrative seems to be if you can't afford it, then your own fault. I had a mortgage in 1980 and interest rates were 10%*

Completely missing the point of house price to wages ratio. Once again, people who could get cheap houses and free further education, strong unions etc blaimng the victims of the last 40 years of extreme capitialism that they openly support. 

For my sins, Jeremy Vine on yesterday and a guest completely debunked this lie about interest rates in 1980s, compared to know, using facts and figures. 

Same lie on phone in today and Vine completely silent on correcting. 

* Or whatever is was

Yeah that's what they always do, blame the victim.

Brown spent all the state's cash bailing out the banks after Sunak helped light the touchpaper on the credit crunch, Cameron then cut our services and blamed us WE had "maxed out the credit card", WE had "lived beyond our means".

People's businesses and homes are disappearing, they have no future, people have literally died by their tens of thousands as a result of their policies, even before Covid. They're an invasion force, a parasite, they should be regarded and treated as such.

• Upvote 2

So after the UK spending £895 billion on QE to keep the banks afloat which they then proceeded to spend buying their own shares back to inflate their share value and with them making vast profits, it's the common man and woman's fault for being greedy and seeking below inflation wage increases? How dare private sector workers seek an average 7.1% pay rise over the last 12 months and as for public sector workers......

It would be insane to expect the banks to fund a basic mortgage sector backstop themselves.

I'm sure the governor of the BoE will be banging on about wage inflation today and not a deeply corrupt and flawed system.

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Yep they are absolute criminals. We bailed these cunts out in 2008, which has never been paid back and now that shoe is on the other foot we're basically being told to go fuck ourselves. 

We should have let the banks collapse in 08. 

Easily said in hindsight but absolutely correct. Brown was scared of the fallout and all the shit he'd have taken had he done so, but other countries did it (Iceland springs to mind) and jailed the bastards who'd caused it.

What did Brown get as a reward for saving them? Out on his arse inside 2 years.

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Easily said in hindsight but absolutely correct. Brown was scared of the fallout and all the shit he'd have taken had he done so, but other countries did it (Iceland springs to mind) and jailed the bastards who'd caused it.

What did Brown get as a reward for saving them? Out on his arse inside 2 years.

and accused by simpletons of crashing the economy.

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

I've just took out a 5 year fix at 4.9%. The while situation is taking the piss out of us all. These cunts have collapsed the economy.

I'm really small 'c' conservative with financial stuff having spent most of my 20s and 30s in a fair amount of debt accrued from university. I've probably lost out a fair few times by not taking the 'optimum' option, but thank fuck I fixed for 2.7% for 7 years back in 2019 after being spooked by Johnson and the chaos around the looming Brexit. We'd have been fucked if I'd gone for a 2 or 3 year fix in 2019, which were on offer for around 1% back then I think.

23 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I'm really small 'c' conservative with financial stuff having spent most of my 20s and 30s in a fair amount of debt accrued from university. I've probably lost out a fair few times by not taking the 'optimum' option, but thank fuck I fixed for 2.7% for 7 years back in 2019 after being spooked by Johnson and the chaos around the looming Brexit. We'd have been fucked if I'd gone for a 2 or 3 year fix in 2019, which were on offer for around 1% back then I think.

Arguably the closest thing to a benefit of Brexit I've seen so far.  

25 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

According to the callers on the Jeremy vine show, life was shit in the past so people now should shut the fuck up and stop moaning.

They don't mention that they bought houses for £30,000 and the like. 

Proper Tory behaviour.

My parents bought their house for £8000 back in 1983

26 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

According to the callers on the Jeremy vine show, life was shit in the past so people now should shut the fuck up and stop moaning.

They don't mention that they bought houses for £30,000 and the like. 

Proper Tory behaviour.

Just tory dickheads. Back then the average house price was x4 the average income, now it is x14 the average income with wages not rising with the price of houses. 

57 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I wish we’d have the 7 year offer put to us in 2018. We were pushed for a 2 year rate at 1.7% but, like yourself, spooked by Johnson and Brexit looming, I opted for 2.15% until Jan 2025. 

God only knows what that’s going up to when it’s due for renewal. 

We picked the 5 over the 2 year fix as it was cheaper and with the way interest rates have gone up at the time 12 times in a row we thought its best just to play the long game on a 5 in the hope rates are lower then rather than to worry about remortgage in 2 years where rates could be the same or worse. 

Still 4.9% is absolute madness. They really are going to the you will own nothing and be happy approach.

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

What do people think about 10 year fixes?  Too risky to take for that long? Or a good thing if a good rate?

If it’s a good rate (not decent but good) then it must be worth seriously considering.

If I was up for renewal and they offered us say 4-6% (I’m guessing it’s going to double then getting higher after that) then I’d be very tempted as I don’t think we are getting rates close to 3/4 years ago when we renewed.

Shocked to see the BBC let Murphy on politics live this afternoon. Unfortunately his words will fall on deaf ears. That 0.5% rise today makes a quick and easy 4.5 billion for the big banks and institutions. Thirteenth rise in a row, didn't work, doesn't work, won't work. Inflation will fall slightly but stay high and we'll fall into recession.

• Upvote 1

^ On the interest rise today it appears all the men on the BoE panel voted for the rise whilst the two ladies voted against. So their is opposition and possibly doubts about whether this policy is working. This governor of the Bank of England should be sacked 

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Shocked to see the BBC let Murphy on politics live this afternoon. Unfortunately his words will fall on deaf ears. That 0.5% rise today makes a quick and easy 4.5 billion for the big banks and institutions. Thirteenth rise in a row, didn't work, doesn't work, won't work. Inflation will fall slightly but stay high and we'll fall into recession.

Whilst it was good it was on, great that what he said was completely ignored with basically repeating "high inflation, means increase interest rates, so whilst bad what can you do ?"

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

BBC in being woke as fuck lefty shocker