You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One of the issues for the so called "birthers" is that Obama wasn't born on American soil and hence uneligible as president. The same with Arnold, who always rued that he wasn't a natural born American so he could run for president.

The point in discussion is what it means to be a "natural born American". Most legal experts believe it means they are born American citizens (both Cruz and Obama if they were born in Canada/Kenya) meaning at least one of their parents is American and they get American citizenship at birth. Alas they wouldn't have to go through a naturalization process to become American (like Arnold). 

The term "natural born" dates back to colonial times and the British Empire, when British citizens gave birth to children outside the empire (I'll admit I had to look that one up!) they remained subjects of the British Empire.

Cheers.

We elect complete dickheads dangerous deluded and psychotic. I blame the media mostly maybe almost exclusively in the past but now with the internet you can easily find counter arguements or see contradictions highlighted. There's little excuse other than ignorance. The vast majority of us are ignorant and lazy and we deserve this shit. Fucking people.

This!

The labour party in Bristol is a disgrace, their candidate for mayor (who will probably win) is a christian conservative for fucks sake.

The daft cunt they've reelected PCC is an incompetent tit that has scandal follow her everywhere.

I voted green where I could and just scribbled 'NONE OF YOU CUNTS' on the ballots where there wasn't a green option.

So which Republican do we think is going to run on a 3rd-party ticket?

I don't think Ryan will do it, he will let Hillary win a landslide and then run in 4 years when she's super unpopular.  It would be tough for Cruz, Kasich, or Jeb Bush to do it, because they signed that pledge to support the eventual nominee thing in the early stages of the primary.

But someone is going to run on the Constitutional Party ticket, or one of them, and get 10% of the vote, in the states that don't require you to sign up really early to be on the ballot.  There are a LOT of Republicans that will not vote for Trump under any circumstances, they are going to either stay home or vote 3rd party as a protest vote, so someone has to be running to pick up those protest votes.

I'm betting Romney might step back in, just to ensure Trump doesn't win.  He has the money to get the signatures to get on the ballots of a few key states and he will take enough votes away from Trump to take away even the remote chance that he beats Hillary.

This!

The labour party in Bristol is a disgrace, their candidate for mayor (who will probably win) is a christian conservative for fucks sake.

The daft cunt they've reelected PCC is an incompetent tit that has scandal follow her everywhere.

I voted green where I could and just scribbled 'NONE OF YOU CUNTS' on the ballots where there wasn't a green option.

Last election here I voted Green, they never have a chance, the lad got like 560 votes out of 7000 in my riding provincially but the election commission was in a tizzy becuase they had an alarming amount of spoiled ballots. Like a 3-4000 increase.

I think next election I will just slash a line through it all and write in 'NONE OF YOU HOSERS'. ( we do not use the word cunt here, you call a woman a cunt and you best he prepared to have your face bitten off like a homeless Floridian on bath salts)

There's plenty to talk about but to me the robbery of ordinary people to finance the lords of finance without changing the system is criminal. The same incentives that created the crisis are still there and it's just a matter of time before our salaries are used to bail them out again.

So which Republican do we think is going to run on a 3rd-party ticket?

I don't think Ryan will do it, he will let Hillary win a landslide and then run in 4 years when she's super unpopular.  It would be tough for Cruz, Kasich, or Jeb Bush to do it, because they signed that pledge to support the eventual nominee thing in the early stages of the primary.

But someone is going to run on the Constitutional Party ticket, or one of them, and get 10% of the vote, in the states that don't require you to sign up really early to be on the ballot.  There are a LOT of Republicans that will not vote for Trump under any circumstances, they are going to either stay home or vote 3rd party as a protest vote, so someone has to be running to pick up those protest votes.

I'm betting Romney might step back in, just to ensure Trump doesn't win.  He has the money to get the signatures to get on the ballots of a few key states and he will take enough votes away from Trump to take away even the remote chance that he beats Hillary.

From what I've read, the Libertarian party has seen the most benefit in terms of new registrations from Trump's rise in the GOP. They've also basically told the GOP to fuck themselves as far as any of their losers running for them go as well, though had he wanted to they MIGHT have let Rand Paul have a go in the debates and such once he dropped from the GOP race.

The Constitutional Party should do the same even though they aren't seeing the numbers coming in. The GOP is getting exactly what it deserves by blackballing some of their more ideologically, yet not complete cunt, conservative candidates over the past few elections (Ron Paul and Gary Johnson in 2012; to a lesser extent Rand Paul in this current cycle) and pushing establishment favorites, one note morons like Chris Christie (I don't think I've ever seen him answer a debate question without mentioning 9/11) and letting the ridiculously "religious right" guys like Santorum talk it up. There was a time when Ted Cruz seemed like a solid choice as a constitutionalist but the guy pretty much sold his soul to the establishment Republicans over this past cycle, he's a fraud.

If the Constitutional Party lets any of these cunts run under their name they might as well change their name to the Grand Old Back-up Plan Party.

Trumps a dickhead, but honestly you really have no idea what you're actually going to get out of him. I can't vote for him as based on what he says he's not in any way, shape, or form, close to a libertarian nor a friend of the constitution. To play devil's advocate though I could see a scenario where he just appoints who he thinks are the best people for their respective cabinet positions, etc. and then gets out of the way which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if he appointed the right people. Hillary on the other hand is really a neo-con who will basically keep everything the same as it is, with some left servicing here and some right servicing there. As far as I'm concerned she's really only alive in this because of the "it's time for a woman" feminists and people on their 3rd or 4th election cycle being nostalgic for Bill. Yea the establishment Dems are propping her up but that support is and always has been there, without it they wouldn't have a choice but to give Bernie the nomination and whilst I don't agree at all with Sanders economics I do at least believe he means what he says. Hillary flips on a dime.

It's going to come down to who wins the LP nomination for me, it's likely to be Gary Johnson again but relative newcomer Austin Petersen is giving him a run for his money. John McAfee talks well and has some of the better campaign adverts I've ever seen (they're just as much Libertarian ads as they are for him) but I don't think people can ignore the craziness within his life, probably for good reason.

Also, a lot of people are thinking Hillary would beat Trump in a landslide and I'm not so sure. I know plenty of dems who can't stomach her and could maybe vote 3rd party instead (likely Green), or not vote at all. The most common phrases I hear from someone who isn't a staunch supporter of one of the candidates on either side are "it doesn't really matter anyway, my vote doesn't count because of x reason" or "the president really can't do much anyway".  It's setting up for a pretty interesting election in terms of who wins. Everyone is celebrating the demise of the GOP (as they should really, they've got further and further away from their original platform since long before I've been alive), but if the democrats don't win they ought to be viewed as dead too which, in my opinion anyway, would also be a good thing.

Last election here I voted Green, they never have a chance, the lad got like 560 votes out of 7000 in my riding provincially but the election commission was in a tizzy becuase they had an alarming amount of spoiled ballots. Like a 3-4000 increase.

I think next election I will just slash a line through it all and write in 'NONE OF YOU HOSERS'. ( we do not use the word cunt here, you call a woman a cunt and you best he prepared to have your face bitten off like a homeless Floridian on bath salts)

We've actually got a couple of green counsellors in Bristol.

We're far behind Brighton but we're in the greens top 3 for a next seat in the commons.

Local politics here is a fucking disgrace...I yearn for the times my mum used to tell me about Tony Benn being in my gramphers kitchen planning on the destruction of the tories.

There's plenty to talk about but to me the robbery of ordinary people to finance the lords of finance without changing the system is criminal. The same incentives that created the crisis are still there and it's just a matter of time before our salaries are used to bail them out again.

I dont see how that makes him any more responsible than any of those that have gone before him and will do afterwards. A Republican president would have done exactly the same thing,and most likely has.

Presidents and Prime Ministers are largely irrelevant as they just dance to the tune of their backers/sponsors while we citizens just continue to take it without more than a whimper.

• Upvote 1

I dont see how that makes him any more responsible than any of those that have gone before him and will do afterwards. A Republican president would have done exactly the same thing,and most likely has.

Presidents and Prime Ministers are largely irrelevant as they just dance to the tune of their backers/sponsors while we citizens just continue to take it without more than a whimper.

He put a lot of people with Wall Street backgrounds in his cabinet. At the same time he ran a ticket of Hope and Change We Can Believe in. It's not so much that Obama has done different than others would have, more that people actually believed this was a progressive politician with a mandate to change the (rigged) system. Instead he, like most politicians, said what he needed to say to get elected.

Nobody would've been surprised or disappointed if any of the Bushes had done the same as Obama with regards to the financial system. It would've been expected. 

• Upvote 1

He put a lot of people with Wall Street backgrounds in his cabinet. At the same time he ran a ticket of Hope and Change We Can Believe in. It's not so much that Obama has done different than others would have, more that people actually believed this was a progressive politician with a mandate to change the (rigged) system. Instead he, like most politicians, said what he needed to say to get elected.

Nobody would've been surprised or disappointed if any of the Bushes had done the same as Obama with regards to the financial system. It would've been expected.

I am assuming you are in the US? From the outside looking in,its pretty much impossible to tell the difference between the two main parties in US politics so I'd say the fact that yet another President has disappointed the normal folk of the country should not come as much of a surprise.

I agree Change was his entire message, as soon as elected he reverted to same old politics. 

To me it is the same here as the Labour party. I expect the Tories to be self serving vermin, so am not surprised. The Labour party get me angrier because I hold them to a higher standard and thus they disappoint more.

EDIT: When Clintons defence of all the money she takes from Wall Street is "well Obama took more", I suppose no one should be surprised with the way it turned out.

The UK has just started with 100% mortgages again. It's only a matter of time before the next generation think mass lending is a good idea.

Sure, a lot of people hate Obama for being black.

For my part I hate him for leaving the financial system completely unchanged and spending billions of the publics dollars on bonuses in the aftermath of 2008.

Then you'll appreciate Trump rocking up to CNN with this idea then.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=TLfwtBxri4V1ExNjA1MjAxNg&v=8Nvt13FFiYk

TLDR?

Trump is fully aware that the US has the power to overcome Wall Street, and essentially went public with that knowledge.

As Bill correctly points out in the vid, Trump could realistically pay back half the National debt in his 2 terms in office, if he chooses to do so, if he wins the White House.

I dont care for Trump, but if he's serious about benching the Fed, the guy should get a medal.

Trump is fully aware that the US has the power to overcome Wall Street, and essentially went public with that knowledge.

As Bill correctly points out in the vid, Trump could realistically pay back half the National debt in his 2 terms in office, if he chooses to do so, if he wins the White House.

I dont care for Trump, but if he's serious about benching the Fed, the guy should get a medal.

There's no chance of him doing anything like that, he'll do what he's told once he gets in there. The guy just makes it up off the top of his dead ferret covered head, he has no coherent policy whatsoever.

Guest Pistonbroke

Trump is a cunt....the person getting that abomination tattooed on his leg (if it is real and not a clever Photoshop job) is a bigger cunt.