Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Operation 'Make People Know We Exist' has been killing it this week

Ha ha, spot on mate.

There will be collateral damage, but we can live with that.

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Imagine, just imagine if it was us. 

It doesnt bear thinking about. They would be demanding Anfield be carpet bombed.

37 minutes ago, redinblack said:

It doesnt bear thinking about. They would be demanding Anfield be carpet bombed.

Points deduction, bringing shame on the city, they'd be ringing merseyside police etc etc etc. 

As funny as it is to blame Everton for the city's loss of UNESCO WHS status, the main problem I have with the idea of heritage preservation is that whole areas are allowed to become really decrepit when there are no economic, historical, archtectural or aesthetic reasons for keeping them that way. Bramley Moore Dock is not like the dock areas closer to the city centre, with significant landmarks in the vicinity. Its original reason for being is no longer pertinent, and the area is hardly teeming with visitors regaling in its faded splendour. It's not Machu Picchu or the Colisseum.

I'm not suggesting redevelopment on the scale of Dubai or Abu Dhabi for example, but to accept a bit of realism and the need to not let the area go to ruin.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Google maps has the cheek to actually put a label saying 'New Goodison Park' on their maps. Hahaha.

Poor uncle Ussy and his £30m pre naming right rights. 

mahermi1

mahermi1

Player Valuation: £60m
BBC news. UNESCO say that it's Evertons new building that's caused the problem.
Gtf.

No mention of the 15000 jobs we are creating and the investment we will be bringing to a run down slum area ? Na thought not, knew we should have thrown homeowners out of their homes.

navidson

Player Valuation: £70m
This a goalden opportunity for Everton to make some serious inroads into the US.
Play two games against the Colombian side, hold training sessions open to the public, mass autograph signing sessions, discounted merchandise offer to everyone attending the public training sessions... make hay while the sun is shining Everton !!!!
If we can't make the most of having 2 of their most prestigious and famous players on our books (Howard and Donovan) - especially after that whole 'Secretary of defence' thing - I doubt us getting beat by a team of Colombian mule washers will elevate us in any way

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:
mahermi1

mahermi1

Gtf.

No mention of the 15000 jobs we are creating and the investment we will be bringing to a run down slum area ? Na thought not, knew we should have thrown homeowners out of their homes.

Fucking hell. That's their next favourite subject after Heysel. They did the same thing they accuse us of to build 3 of their stands.

The Main Stand didn't make anyone homeless, all the remaining homeowners were given above market value and a few were greedy landlords who rented out shitholes. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Fucking hell. That's their next favourite subject after Heysel. They did the same thing they accuse us of to build 3 of their stands.

The Main Stand didn't make anyone homeless, all the remaining homeowners were given above market value and a few were greedy landlords who rented out shitholes. 

Yep. 

53 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:
mahermi1

mahermi1

Gtf.

•  

Well they did. That’s how Goodison avenue disappeared. But then I don’t expect an Everton fan to know their history when they’re too busy banging on about ours.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, angie said:

Well they did. That’s how Goodison avenue disappeared. But then I don’t expect an Everton fan to know their history when they’re too busy banging on about ours.

Oh they brush stuff under the carpet better than the tories 

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

As funny as it is to blame Everton for the city's loss of UNESCO WHS status, the main problem I have with the idea of heritage preservation is that whole areas are allowed to become really decrepit when there are no economic, historical, archtectural or aesthetic reasons for keeping them that way. Bramley Moore Dock is not like the dock areas closer to the city centre, with significant landmarks in the vicinity. Its original reason for being is no longer pertinent, and the area is hardly teeming with visitors regaling in its faded splendour. It's not Machu Picchu or the Colisseum.

I'm not suggesting redevelopment on the scale of Dubai or Abu Dhabi for example, but to accept a bit of realism and the need to not let the area go to ruin.

1. As I've said elsewhere, nobody should be blaming Everton for this. The blame lies solely at the door of the city council. 

2. There absolutely are historical, architectural and aesthetic reasons for preserving heritage. And that is precisely what UNESCO World Heritage Status is about. Why is anyone surprised by this decision? 

3. If you think it better to have some modern, edgy, dare I say useful development, that's fine, but if it impacts historical, architectural areas, the price is losing that special status. 

Some have asked on here whether people ("tourists") visit areas as a result of this World Heritage Status. I do. Mr rb14 does. On holiday we go out of our way to visit UNESCO sites.

UNESCO aren't the problem here. Really. 

PS. 15,000 jobs my arse. In the ludicrously unlikely event it's built, they'll be lucky if it's 150.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Scumbag daily mail running an article saying "Everton Player Fabian Delph wrongly accused online of being suspect" despite them getting it from Delph trending last night with people saying he's been left out as the other 31 year old and knowing full well its Sigurdsson. Zero fucking shame 

You have to admit, that's a quite brilliant process of elimination technique by the Hitler supporting bastards. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

navidson

Player Valuation: £70m
This a goalden opportunity for Everton to make some serious inroads into the US.
Play two games against the Colombian side, hold training sessions open to the public, mass autograph signing sessions, discounted merchandise offer to everyone attending the public training sessions... make hay while the sun is shining Everton !!!!
If we can't make the most of having 2 of their most prestigious and famous players on our books (Howard and Donovan) - especially after that whole 'Secretary of defence' thing - I doubt us getting beat by a team of Colombian mule washers will elevate us in any way

I like the “goalden” play on words. Very clever

• Upvote 1