You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I had a conversation with blue over the weekend about the history of Liverpool Football Club, Like right back to the founding of the club. Lad was particularly versed in our history which is fucking amazing considering 'he doesnt follow us'.

This always amuses me with them. They know all about how we were formed, the name of our first chairman, how we got to play at Anfield etc.

Let's be blunt, it was well over a 100 years ago. Who the fuck is really arsed about what happened all that time ago?

And then, without a hint of irony, if you mention our 18 titles, 5 European Cups or even Istanbul they accuse us of always going on about our history.

They're a special breed. Fucking bad weirdos.

• Upvote 1

I only have any interest I. Everton's results if they're playing us or a result directly affects us. I only watch them against us, why else would I ?

They as we know watch all our games religously and as has been stated know our complete back history. Why ?

The answer to that question we all know. And so do they but they will never admit it.

People often pick the wrong option.

Apparently I'm. Wrong about the attendance for their game against Norwich as it was 29000. The Yeovil one was 24000. It's still some way off the 40000 capacity though.

Apparently there were tons of flights from Norway and Ireland last night which explains why it was a sell out. Their arguments never stand up.

Apparently there were tons of flights from Norway and Ireland last night which explains why it was a sell out. Their arguments never stand up.

Given that all the blues live in the city I would suggest that its the red shite supporting Norwegians and Irish that pay quite a number of their wages.

Apparently I'm. Wrong about the attendance for their game against Norwich as it was 29000. The Yeovil one was 24000. It's still some way off the 40000 capacity though.

Fuck all flights from my part of Ireland unless I wanted to be in Manchester at 7am. Bastard Ryanair and aer fungus .

This fella looks like he's done a bit of research regarding our cup draws. It's a fucking conspiracy.

ToffeeDan

ToffeeDan

Prediction League Mod

Well there's a surprise - another free pass to a semi-final.

Did you know that the RS have benefitted from 2nd legs at home in European games over SEVENTY PER CENT of the time. That's one hell of a remarkable statistic for well over 100 2 leg matches and is well in excess of 3 SD from the mean. To give you some idea how likely it would be to be greater than 66% you are probably looking at no more than 1 or 2 instances in 5,000 chances.

That 70% does not include the 2nd leg at home by right (i.e. because they finished top of a group or similar) - just the random drawn events over 50 plus years of European football.

Semi final draw will be: Newcastle or Hull vs Liverpool (2nd leg at Anfield) and Arsenal v Man Utd

Yesterday at 10:20 PM ReportLike+ QuoteReply

• Upvote 1

I'm going to call BS (pun unintended) on that second leg thing, not because I question the statistical significance (although I do - what would a truly random spread look like?) but the idea that anyone would look at all of another team's results to that level of detail I mean it would take ages to find all the results and sort them out and oh my God it's entirely believable that one of them would do that they're all sick.

Some fella i work with who knew nothing about football asked me how two American owners could buy the club and then pay it back to the bank with the money generated by the club.

Before I had a chance to explain some Evertonian turned round in his chair and reeled off every detail of the leveraged buy out of Liverpool. I just started laughing and walked off to make a cup of tea in utter disbelief that he knew so much about us.

Since being re-admitted into European competition (25 years ago) - 2nd legs at Home or Away (not including any Group stage matches - final games of group stages 6 home, 6 away).

Home 47 Away 19 (71%)

Just a coincidence I guess

1964-1985 36-30

Total 83-49 (63%)

FA Cup in same time frame: 71-84 

League Cup in same time frame: 80-78 

(excluding neutral semis/finals)

COINCIDENCE OR REDSHITE CONSPIRACY

The Echo seem obsessed about making this dockside stadium happen. An article the other day saying it would bring 300m to the local economy. No idea how this figure was settled upon.

To be fair, I doubt a day passed when the Echo wasn't regurgitating the same shite day in, day out during the construction of the new stand.