You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

From Chelsea website "The Shed" - interesting read

WalkOnWalkOn

Had to go to Stamford bridge for a work thing a few weeks back to watch them play Bolton.

Never heard the work "cunt" shouted so often at a match ever before. It's like a majority of their fans have a bad case of torrettes. We were all pissing ourselves at the stupidity of their fans by the 30th minute or so (whilst in the safety of one of the boxes, I might add)

Didn't hear one of these insults aimed at a single Bolton player. They were flung at their own players, namely Drogba, Lampard and Cole.

Torres and Chelsea deserve each other.

P.s. We drunk them dry, huge victory.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For this reason Liverpool's belief system is built on an abstract concept (history) rather than something that is scientifically provable (league titles). In fact, the more Liverpool stopped winning things, the more "history" became the currency for their beliefs.

History is an abstract concept?

Only to a Chelsea fan, lad.

League titles are "scientifically provable?"

Well have 18 examples of proof then, and another 5 European Cups which for some unknown reason you decided to omit, can't think why.

You are right though in one respect, to many of us football and Liverpool F.C. by an extension is like a religion, a religion that your plastic flag waving muppets could never understand. To expand on your own brand of myopic pseudo analysis that means you fear it.

Our faith is the weapon our enemies fear most....

What cracks me up the most is when he decided to talk about other teams that have history, he didn't mention Chelsea. Superb that

Edited by WrongIslander

A Chelsea fan attempting to explain what compels people to be passionate about their football team? Well, at least he tried.

If we accept the theory that, given time and typewriters, monkeys will eventually write the works of Shakespeare then we should allow for the possibility of a Chelsea mandrill producing a worthwhile piece on being a supporter.

But, like the monkey, he would never understand it.

He probably thinks Chelsea's history began in August 2004, or whenever it was the crooked Russian used his dirty oil money to buy the title. Without Abramovic Chelsea's derby would be against Brentford. I actually remember how insignificant they used to be -the days of the mighty Mark Stein and super Scott Minto, how come Chelsea never actually talk about their own legacy, why is it always a slight against ours? Its amazing how a gangster pumping a billion pounds into a football club can pollute the minds of so many. Clueless, classless, arrogant, ignorant cunts.

I'd take the article as a compliment really.

That's the way I'd take it. The article was a mixture of truth and creative fiction. Supporting LFC is quasi-religious. We do have our prayers, our traditions, our saints, our apostates, our myths, our martyrs and our evangelists. I think the crucial difference between us and Chelsea is that no Liverpool fan would see any of that as necessarily being a bad thing.

Yeah, that's about the only thing to take from this syntactic vomit. Every clubs fans believe their club isn't given a fair deal in the media or there's some sort of conspiracy against them.

I think it's because of this:

Our most historic games (in my match going life) Barca 2001, Dortmund, 2005 Juve, Chelsea, Istanbul. The next day we all buy every paper (excluding one) and pour over it. For me it's after amazing European nights where we've outnumbered support and the atmosphere has been inspiring (think that's why I've not included FA Cup games). That day I love the papers and the journalists with all their special comment pieces lauding our support.

Well these days are few and far between (that above list is a lot for most teams in 10 years). But think how many shit day's their are, for anyone writing comment pieces it's so much easier to write pieces that criticise (particularly tabloid as they never write reports they write opinions, cos we're too thick to make our own). Writing praise is difficult and doesn't pull in as many readers; a positive article about an LFC player gets all Liverpool supporters reading, a negative one gets all Liverpool fans reading as well as those of all our rivals. If you support a big club your covered in the media a lot, and over a measure of a decade the vast majority will be negative unless your extremely successful. So this makes us feel a generally negative feeling towards us, just like fans of other big clubs will.

Took age's that, need to stop smoking

That's the way I'd take it. The article was a mixture of truth and creative fiction. Supporting LFC is quasi-religious. We do have our prayers, our traditions, our saints, our apostates, our myths, our martyrs and our evangelists. I think the crucial difference between us and Chelsea is that no Liverpool fan would see any of that as necessarily being a bad thing.

I agree.

I began by thinking the article was complimentary, when in fact reading it as a whole, the tone is actually intended to be critical.

It was alright in parts, but he clearly ran out of steam. The art of good writing is knowing your conclusion before you start. This isn't good writing.

I agree.

I began by thinking the article was complimentary, when in fact reading it as a whole, the tone is actually intended to be critical.

It was alright in parts, but he clearly ran out of steam. The art of good writing is knowing your conclusion before you start. This isn't good writing.

For me, the opening salvo of...

"Let me try and explain Liverpool Football Club and why they have so many representatives in the media, why they seem to get away with anything, why they are so distressed about Torres leaving and why this all leads to Chelsea being openly hated."

...says all anyone need know, regarding BlueBarney's intention nevermind conclusion.

Edited by RedMyst
Correction and eye aids

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres kills off romance, insisting 'Some kiss the badge, I just want to score' | Mail Online

Fernando Torres has not spoken to Kenny Dalglish since signing for Chelsea, but there is one nugget of advice from the Liverpool manager which rang true as he prepared for his first appearance as a £50million striker.

When Torres moved to Anfield, Dalglish told him not to kiss the badge on his shirt unless he really meant it. Those who stood on the Kop would know the truth, explained the Scot. Three-and-a-half years later, as he braced himself for a debut against Liverpool, his assessment of modern football was as cool and clinical as his finishing.

Romance is dead. Why pretend otherwise?

'I never kissed the Liverpool badge,' said Torres. 'Never. No. Kissed the badge? No. I never did. I never did when I was at Atletico Madrid, and I love Atletico, my former club. I see some players doing that when they join a club but the romance in football has gone. It's a different thing now. People are coming and leaving. When you are joining a club you want to do the best for yourself and that club and that's all.

'Some people like to kiss the badge. They can do it. I only want to score goals and do my job and achieve all the targets the team has. When I was born in Madrid I was not a Liverpool fan or a Chelsea fan. I was only an Atletico Madrid fan. I still am. Maybe it's the only badge I will kiss if I have to kiss one.'

When Torres arrived on Merseyside he found himself lying low in a hotel room as he waited to sign, passing the time by watching DVDs and reading books about his new city, his new club and legends like Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley and Dalglish.

By last month, the bond had diminished, overtaken by ambition and the fear of wasting his best years at Anfield as the club chased past glories against a backdrop of boardroom squabbles as Tom Hicks and George Gillett tried to sell.

Doubts had started to creep in long ago when Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano were allowed to leave the club for Real Madrid and Barcelona.

'It wasn't just last summer, really,' said Torres. 'Maybe the last two years. Especially with the old owners. I think when the new owner, John Henry, came and brought his team with him, the club were moving in the right direction.

'They have ambition and they know how to do things and go back to the way they were. It is my opinion, though, that they need time for that. Maybe they will need the time while I'm at my best age to play football.

'I took the decision to leave because I heard about Chelsea's interest. They were pushing hard for me, which meant they really wanted me. I really wanted to leave Liverpool, so I told them straight.

'If no-one had wanted me, I would have played happily. It's been a very tough season. The progress has not been the best. They've had problems and are in a difficult moment but I helped the team and did my job all the time.

'I explained my situation, my feelings, and was honest with everyone. I told everyone, face to face, my feelings and that I wanted to leave for Chelsea.

'They didn't hear that in the press. They heard it from me. That was maybe 10 or 12 days before the window closed. They didn't want me to leave.

'They tried to ask me to stay. I told them my decision was made and I wasn't going to change my mind. So they tried to get the best money and a replacement. I understand their position. I told them what I wanted, and I had to wait until the last few minutes of the window to sign.'

This timescale puts the transfer request somewhere after the 2-2 draw against Everton at Anfield and before the win against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux, when Torres scored twice.

It was more than a week later when Chelsea's swoop became public and the record transfer accelerated towards its conclusion on deadline day, last Monday.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard would have known better than most the dilemma Torres had been wrestling with, having twice come close to leaving Anfield for Stamford Bridge.

Ultimately, Gerrard opted to stay on Merseyside but, when he learned of Chelsea's move for Torres, he phoned his team-mate to wish him luck.

'He was one of the first ones who called me and said if I left, if I stayed, he would help me and support me,' said Torres.

'Maybe because he was in that situation first. He's been a very good friend and team-mate from the first to the last day.He only wanted the best for me and said he'd agree with whatever decision I made.'

Bit surprised to say the least at his words there at the end saying Stevie wished him luck etc. Is he telling porkies to curry some knd of favour maybe before Sunday?

It's probably true I think Juan.

Footballers are very much more accepting of players moving clubs.

Carra would be the most Liverpool mad in a fan way of our currentl players but he's still really good mates with someone who lied to the fans, left on the cheap and now plays for the scum and takes the piss out of us in press conferences.