You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

We were lucky to get 15-17m for him. But A fully firing Andy Carroll is worth 20m in todays market.

This

I rate him , he is just crocked. 

He scored the winner against the blue shite in the fa cup semi final. He also changed the game when he came on in the cup-final. 

for that he is sound in my eyes. 

We were lucky to get 15-17m for him. But A fully firing Andy Carroll is worth 20m in todays market.

A key part of him not being worth it.

Fair play to him if he not only recovers his fitness but maintains it more often than not through his career, however the likelihood of that is surely thinner than Aspas.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Based on what? He's a pretty poor footballer for a start. He's a goalscorer who barely scores any goals, for another thing. 20m what? I wouldn't give you 20m potatoes for him.

The Andy Carroll that bossed Chelsea was worth what we paid and then some. Unfortunately the Andy Caroll we actually got 99% of the time was worth 5 million at best. 

Pretty gutted it didn't work out. I was in love with the idea of having an English number 9 smashing in goals left right and centre. Shame the only thing he was smashing was pints and kebabs. 

Not just the worst (by some distance) signing in our history, but I struggle to think of another signing in the world that prevents it being the worst signing in the history of the game.

Slight exaggeration, there.  He was decent, but grossly overpriced.  That's all.

It's like Ali Dia never existed!

Carroll to Liverpool for £35M remains the most baffling transfer in history. Just ahead of the Bebe transfer.

It's best explained by new owners who didn't (don't?) understand the game putting their trust in a charlatan who claimed he understood the game and who then, in a moment of desperation, bent over and took it from one of the most shameless moneygrabbers in the Premier League.

I get your point but I don't feel sorry for him myself. He's got one real job and that's to look after himself, maybe it's not "fair" seeing as some players seem to be able to get pissed up all the time and still perform but if that's the case then just about every fat fucker (obviously Carroll isn't fat but then as I said his job is essentially working out) in the world can point to a friend or two that don't have to watch what they eat and drink as much.

A player I genuinely felt sorry for was Aurelio. There's a man who seemingly did everything he could to stay fit yet just couldn't.

• Upvote 2

I don't think he does himself any favours though.

some players are unlucky with injuries, they live their lives the way an athlete should and some people have to take a look at the way they live their lives and ask themselves am I helping myself here drinking the piece out in vegas dressed in a giant bear suit.

he was still our player then. we could've been stuck with the dozy twonk.

• Upvote 1