You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson Mega Thread: The Sequel

Dicko

him staying is the most sinister thing i can imagine

The worst i can imagine is him staying Torres and Pepe leaving and being replaced with C.Cole and Brad Jones,with Cole missing an open goal at the kop end losing us the match 1-0 and sending us down to the championship,i'm trying to wake up but i can't. Its Stephen King shit really without the clowns (sorry just seen the Woy the clown on the bench).

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fuming about this last night and i've just read the match thread, where a few people have picked up on this but here goes anyway -

The Konchesky substitution and subsequent reaction. What in buggery fuck was Roy Hodgson thinking? To me what happened here just sums up his time with us perfectly. We are losing the fucking game, losing that is, not winning and reinforcing the defence due to injury, losing. What does the genius decide to do? Like for like defensive swap, that'll win 'em, oh yes - everyone knows when you need a goal or 2 get a left back on. Ignoring the personnel briefly, you could argue Maxi Rodriguez has been one of the few positive's you could take from this season - he's scored some vital goals and his passing and movement has been better than the majority of his team-mates. So dropping him to the bench is obviously the right thing to do. Next on the list of inspired decisions is to leave him on the bench in favour of a defender when you are 1-0 down to bottom of the league with 18 minutes to go. If that doesn't get the fans on-side, nothing will. Finally back to the personnel in question. Paul Konchesky has hardly endeared himself to the fans, his performances have been abject and his mother certainly hasn't helped his struggle to adapt - but he must be secretly seething at his manager for what i consider to be one of the dumbest decisions i have ever witnessed. To be fair Konchesky wasn't the worst performer on the night but what he really didn't need when the fans are as fed up as they are, was to give them more reason to air their frustrations. Hodgson caused that reaction, it was a substitution that simply didn't need to be made, and provoked a response that anyone could see was coming. I felt bad for Konchesky, its not his fault he was offered the chance of a big move, but the cold hard truth is he is way, way below the standard required of a Liverpool player. The fans were simply given extra reason to vent their anger and it could easily haver been avoided if the manager had any sort of backbone. There were 4 other substitutes on the bench, and 8 other players who could have been pulled, but Roy went for the safe option and the chance to deflect some criticism onto one of his players. Gutless shithouse.

That was quite good but you should try paragraphs....

July: Roy on his Blackburn failure (not failure).

"Blackburn was the only place I have been sacked and that was somewhat harsh," he said. "I took a team which had avoided relegation by one point into European football and then lost four of the very best players - three to injury and one to a forced sale to Rangers - the following year.

"Admittedly the start of the following season was not as good and we built up expectations but it is difficult for me to see Blackburn as a complete failure. I did make mistakes there; you always make mistakes when you fail somewhere.

"I have analysed those failures but I don't think they were quite as blatant as some people would like to think."

The former Inter Milan boss also hit out at critics who say he has not had enough experience at big clubs.

"Blackburn were a top side when I went there, we finished sixth in the league, Udinese have had success in the past and the four years I had with the Swiss national team going to the World Cup and European championships was successful.

"I regard comments like that as far too insular."

I was fuming about this last night and i've just read the match thread, where a few people have picked up on this but here goes anyway -

The Konchesky substitution and subsequent reaction. What in buggery fuck was Roy Hodgson thinking? To me what happened here just sums up his time with us perfectly. We are losing the fucking game, losing that is, not winning and reinforcing the defence due to injury, losing. What does the genius decide to do? Like for like defensive swap, that'll win 'em, oh yes - everyone knows when you need a goal or 2 get a left back on. Ignoring the personnel briefly, you could argue Maxi Rodriguez has been one of the few positive's you could take from this season - he's scored some vital goals and his passing and movement has been better than the majority of his team-mates. So dropping him to the bench is obviously the right thing to do. Next on the list of inspired decisions is to leave him on the bench in favour of a defender when you are 1-0 down to bottom of the league with 18 minutes to go. If that doesn't get the fans on-side, nothing will. Finally back to the personnel in question. Paul Konchesky has hardly endeared himself to the fans, his performances have been abject and his mother certainly hasn't helped his struggle to adapt - but he must be secretly seething at his manager for what i consider to be one of the dumbest decisions i have ever witnessed. To be fair Konchesky wasn't the worst performer on the night but what he really didn't need when the fans are as fed up as they are, was to give them more reason to air their frustrations. Hodgson caused that reaction, it was a substitution that simply didn't need to be made, and provoked a response that anyone could see was coming. I felt bad for Konchesky, its not his fault he was offered the chance of a big move, but the cold hard truth is he is way, way below the standard required of a Liverpool player. The fans were simply given extra reason to vent their anger and it could easily haver been avoided if the manager had any sort of backbone. There were 4 other substitutes on the bench, and 8 other players who could have been pulled, but Roy went for the safe option and the chance to deflect some criticism onto one of his players. Gutless shithouse.

AS MEREILES AND MAXI HAVE BEEN TWO OF THE CONSISTENT PERFORMERS RECENTLY,WHY IN GODS NAME WAS IT NECESSARY TO DROP ONE AND PLAY THE OTHER OUT OF POSITION. THE ONLY CHANGE NEEDED WAS TO BRING STEVIE BACK AND PUT N`GOG ON THE BENCH THEN BRING HIM ON AFTER NANDO DOESN`T SCORE, I HAVE BEEN A SUPPORTER FOR 61 YEARS FROM A LOT OF MILES AWAY AND THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST ABJECT PERFORMANCES IN MY MEMORY!

I FEEL THAT RH IS JUST NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR THE JOB AND HAS NO IDEA OF THE HISTORY OR EMOTIONS NEEDED TO CARRY THE CONFIDENCE OF THE SUPPORTERS.

THERE MUST BE A BETTER ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thnx mate. lets hope this is his end. i don't want to play the Mancs in january with this fucker as our manager. we probably lose 5-0 and his interview afterwards. * i'm delighted for my best friend Sir Alex Ferguson and i'm going to drink a bottle of wine with him now.But i just want to say one thing to our supporters. I feel our away supporters should have helped us more. its their fault that konchesky is so fucking shit and its their fault that Torres hasn't scored yet because you guys don't sing his name enough. and its also their fault for letting me buy Poulson and their fault for letting me play Meireles on the right. It also the supporters fault for letting Carra hoof the ball because he doesn't have the confidence to take the ball and just pass it and the reason behind all this because you guys don't dream of a team of Carragher. I don't think i'm the reason we are so shit because just last year i played in the Europa league final with Fulham and lost. and i'm also an LMA Award winning Manager. And the most important thing of all is that i still have my 35 years of experience. And finally i just want to say to our supporters that we lost to the biggest club in England and thats Manchester united and its no shame losing against the best club in England. and just one thing. i promise that ill rub my face more the next time. And don't forget its all your fault and not mine*.

Roy Hodgson

Manu 6 Liverpool 1 Apparently that's our biggest loss ever at old trafford. Another record for Roy to break.

"Obviously it's somewhat disappointing to lose so emphatically, but if we're going to get thumped 7-0 then knowing it was to a quality side like the one Sir Alex has assembled does make things somewhat easier to bear, as I'm sure those Liverpool fans will understand."

I have really had enough now of these woeful performances.Hodgson clearly cannot get these players to play and some of his tactics are behond belive.Whats it going to take to sack him, relegation ? The new owners must act now before its to late.A mass clear out of players also is needed and real investment or we are doomed.Get Torres out now as he dosnt want to be there take the 30 mill and get another 2 or 3 good players that are better than this dross we currently have.This is by far and away the worst liverpool side since shankly took over and benitez should also take a lot of the blame for that as well.

Five things we learned from watching the Premier League this week | Football | guardian.co.uk

Liverpool have to sack Hodgson now

Pass and move, it's the Liverpool groove? Not any more. The Hodgson way is more hoof and pray. As endless long punts were hammered towards Fernando Torres and David Ngog during last night's defeat to Wolves, it became increasingly impossible to justify Roy Hodgson lasting at Anfield beyond the end of the week. Patience has its virtues, and chairmen can be trigger-happy, but it is hardly compulsory; Hodgson's time is up. He simply has to go. Forget about giving him extra time and the chance to dip into the transfer market in January. Trust has to be earned and Hodgson has failed. Liverpool are perched three points above the bottom three. Losing to Northampton Town, Blackpool and Wolves at Anfield in the space of six months, no matter what financial constraints Hodgson has had to work under, is a grotesque underachievement for a club of Liverpool's elevated standing.

For all his complaints about the situation he inherited from Rafael Benítez, Hodgson took over a squad containing Pepe Reina, Jamie Carragher, Javier Mascherano, Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Torres. Granted, he lost Mascherano to Barcelona but he also willingly parted with Alberto Aquilani, while bringing in the laughable pair of Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen. Although Liverpool were average last season, they still finished seventh. With the players at his disposal, Hodgson has introduced an ugly, negative route-one style, which last night saw the defence bypassing the midfield with alarming regularity.

These tactics might have sufficed at Fulham, but then Hodgson has often appeared dumbfounded by the level of expectation at Anfield. Not only is this approach unforgivable against Wolves, who were bottom of the table before the game and had amassed just one point on their travels all season, it is hopelessly misguided considering the players at Hodgson's disposal. Torres is not exactly Kevin Davies – he needs the ball played to feet or for him to run on to. He will never beat the likes of Christophe Berra in the air. Torres is a world-class striker being forced to operate like a lower-league journeyman, even if his form has been at that standard since the summer.

While Liverpool's players must take some responsibility too, clearly Hodgson has lost the dressing room, if he ever had it in the first place. Under Benítez, when Liverpool were losing games at Anfield, teams would brace themselves for the inevitable barrage as they defended their goal at the Kop End, waiting for Gerrard to pop up with a jaw-dropping equaliser. Last night there was nothing. With Wolves, whose sparky, attractive style of play belied their lowly position, required to do the bare minimum, dissent grew among the home supporters. Afterwards Hodgson was critical of the fans, questioning where the "famous support" had gone. He sounded like an away fan mocking a subdued home crowd about the lack of atmosphere. It almost appears as if he is getting his shots in early. Liverpool's supporters already disliked Hodgson. This will be seen as a step too far.

From Jacob Steinberg off the Guarniad.

His decsions are actually beyond a joke at times, I dont agree either with all the bullshit about him being a "nice" man, I find him bitter, aggresive and rude. Also I find him as a bit of a bully always blaming the "lesser" players (without being patronizing) like with Northampton he blame the youth players, yesterday made a inept Konchesky look like a mug by needlessly subbing him, as if to say I can now blame you aswell.

Why does he not say anything bad about Torres who has done fuck all for the cause, the best we've played in a while was Babel and Ngog up front, as soon as Torres is back he puts him straight in as if to keep him happy incase he leave, its as if the players have alot more power than him and he knows it.

Could you imagine Ferguson playing someone in as poor form as Torres (I know Rooney is playing bad but they are still winning and can afford the luxary of helping him through it, we cant, we need results NOW) Roy needs to be stronger with the players, well actually he needs to fuck off for good.

When is enough finally enough??

When is enough finally enough??

Its all i keep asking. We've been in the relegation zone, we've lost to the whipping boys, we've lost to the promoted clubs, we've been embarrassed in the cup by minnows, we've had to listen to all the players be linked with other clubs, we've witnessed the most turgid football ever seen at Anfield, we've heard every excuse in the book, we've lost the derby against the bitters, we've seen attendance's drop, we've seen it all.

In a season of new low's - what will be the straw that breaks the camel's back? What else can we go thru?

He is as clueless as he is classless, and this derogatory comment about us supporters who pay his fucking wages is the final straw for me. His teams are playing garbage football, no game plan, his substitutions are a joke. He picks players out of form is constantly playing people out of position. I hate singling out players but N'Gog was shite last nite, just wasnt at the races, yet he stays on for way too long. The game was crying out for Maxi, yet the out of form Kuyt is accomodated. Weve no pace, except in Torres so how do we utilise that? We lump the ball aimlessly towards the box and hope. No craft, no guile. For the love of God, please go Roy. Though I suspect you are hanging on for the bullet and a bumper pay off.

editorial piece.

Red and White Kop - RAWK Editorial: A Message to John W. Henry - Liverpool FC

RAWK Editorial: A Message to John W. Henry

Posted by RAWK Editor on Today at 01:12:17 PM

Dear John,

You said yourself recently that there have been many poor short term decisions taken at this football club in the recent past. This is undoubtedly true and one of them was the appointment of Roy Hodgson as Liverpool manager. In all his 35 years of management there was absolutely no evidence that he had the experience required to manage a club of the stature of Liverpool FC. Despite this, for six months this site has supported him as best we could, as we did not want to exacerbate a problem not of your making. We were happy to trust your judgement, to allow you to get your feet under the desk, to appoint a management team and to make the right decision on the manager when you were ready. We were hoping that in return Roy just might prove capable of limiting the long-term damage to the club during that time.

Unfortunately it is clear from events so far this season culminating in the inept display last night that the consequences of keeping Roy Hodgson in place are now so pressing that immediate and decisive action is required from Fenway. His position at the club is no longer tenable. He appears to have lost the ability to motivate the team, a team of internationals and World Cup winners, and he has certainly lost the backing of the Anfield crowd with 40,000 openly showing their derision at his inept tactics.

The bond between Liverpool fans and their managers is strong, stronger than at any club in the world, and in normal circumstances it would be unthinkable to see the crowd turn on the manager as they did last night. If there was ever any coming back from that for Mr. Hodgson he closed that door himself in his post-match interview when he criticised the support of those same fans. Sorry, but those fans will be standing on the Kop supporting this team long after Roy Hodgson has gone and they were supporting their club in the only way they know how, defending it from a man who is corroding it from the inside.

We wholeheartedly agree with your strategy of concentrating on what is in the best long-term interests of Liverpool FC, even if it is at the expense of short-term popularity. We now believe however that we have reached a tipping point and that Roy Hodgson's continued presence in the dugout is now detrimental to the long-term future of the club as well as our immediate future this league season.

Red And White Kop

Sequels in films are normally even more dire although this has been a huge horror film thus far. Lets just hope is not here long enough for a trilogy.

Sequels tend to have more and more money thrown at them, but get progressively worse at the same time.

There are certain rules that one must abide by in order to create a successful sequel. Number one: the body count is always bigger. Number two: the death scenes are always much more elaborate - more blood, more gore - carnage candy. And number three: never, ever, under any circumstances, assume the killer is dead.

Yes but this is a sequal

FFS.

Heavens forbid we upset the press. I don't know what I'll do if I accidentally catch a glimpse of the back page of the S*n when I'm walking into a gas station and they've said something mean about us. That's the sort of emotionally crippling event that causes a man to be found in his garage with the car running.

Heavens forbid we upset the press. I don't know what I'll do if I accidentally catch a glimpse of the back page of the S*n when I'm walking into a gas station and they've said something mean about us. That's the sort of emotionally crippling event that causes a man to be found in his garage with the car running.

A petrol station and the Sun.

I know what I'd do.

• Upvote 1

That Johnson hoof across the pitch in the first half summed it up for me. He had no option on the ball, everyone was sat deep and the Wolves players were pressing so he volleyed it. If you don't laugh you'll cry.

Someone needs to tell THESE yanks that this isn't the NFL, NBA or MLB. Relegation exists here and to be even close to it will send sponsorship running for cover. Top players and managers will do likewise. The good Rafa did elevating our name in Europe is eroding already and last years PL games now look like a master class in comparison. I'm not calling for him to come back but the gulf in class is staggering. How did this guy even get an interview let alone the job as manager of LFC.