You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish people would just leave him alone, you're only making other Liverpool fans look bad by engaging with him.

Totally agree - just unfollowed Barclay the tool on twitter as he is complete and utter prick. He spouts shit about Suarez and Torres and then cant / wont substantiate it. Complete waste of everyones time.

The europa league cup would seal the deal, have to say tho I agree. He seems to be enjoying his footie again.

Doesn't it rather depend on the club's ambitions? He stayed last summer only on the basis of promises about new owners, fresh investment, etc. He's not just going to accept more promises about what may be done in the future - he's going to want and need to see action (significantly absent thus far as the club continues to drift along). Why would he stay at a club not even in Europe, let alone offering the CL: you have to remember he left Atletico to win things.

That said, even if we are looking at his replacement, i can guarantee you it wouldn't be Suarez. Completely different type of player.

He's basically a troll.

I don't understand why people hold football journalists in such high esteem that they want to read all their articles, read all their tweets or listen to them talking shite whilst they have their Sunday breakfast. It's obvious that most of them are loathable oleaginous self-regarding thundercunts with partisan views dependent on whose 'autobiography' they happen to be penning at the time.

Barclay was, is and always will be a piss poor journalist. A non-thinking man's Hugh McIlvanney. Bent out of shape by his animosity towards Liverpool (an animosity of obscure origin) he will always search for a negative when reporting or commenting on our club. His 'insights' and his views on Liverpool FC, its administrators and its supporters are therefore worthless.

But his Puffin Book Of Cricket is supposed to be top notch.

He's basically a troll.

I don't understand why people hold football journalists in such high esteem that they want to read all their articles, read all their tweets or listen to them talking shite whilst they have their Sunday breakfast. It's obvious that most of them are loathable oleaginous self-regarding thundercunts with partisan views dependent on whose 'autobiography' they happen to be penning at the time.

Hell of a word, that.

I've just repped you, in my mind.

Barclay was, is and always will be a piss poor journalist. A non-thinking man's Hugh McIlvanney. Bent out of shape by his animosity towards Liverpool (an animosity of obscure origin) he will always search for a negative when reporting or commenting on our club. His 'insights' and his views on Liverpool FC, its administrators and its supporters are therefore worthless.

But his Puffin Book Of Cricket is supposed to be top notch.

He didn't used to be piss-poor. That's the sad thing. And he didn't used to be anti-LFC. I'm mystified why he's become so, well, odd, as well as obnoxious. He was great mates with Peter Robinson and when PB was at the club Barclay was very positive. But I agree he's shocking these days.