You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy (Judge me after 10 games)

Guest davelfc

Which option is closest to your thinking on Roy?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which option is closest to your thinking on Roy?

• I like Roy and I would like to see him given time to succeed.
    • Not my first choice, but he's here and I'd like to see him given time before I make a judgement.
    • He may/may not have been the right choice, but from what I've seen I've got no faith in him.
    • I don't want him here, and I want him sacked before any more damage is done.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't the Harlem Globetrotters though is it? Chelsea are a better side than us, better players and are the current champions and are still an excellent side at the end of the day.

They were always going to have a spell in the game when they were on top due to their quality but we dug in and showed great fight and desire to get the result we deserved.

To find quibbles after today is a little petty to be honest. We played West Brom in August, we won the game but played dreadfully and you would have been perfectly in your rights posting that post above after that game but not against the current champions of England and the best side in the country.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Juan, I know I'm coming across like Red Nicks evil twin here,

But are Chelsea really that much better than us? Man for man, they're really not, IMO anyway

I get your Harlem globetrotters comment, and it's fair enough, but I just our football philosophy to be forward thinking, not an antiquated style of scoring, then battening down the hatches

Why shouldn't we be looking at Spain, they have the best club teams. And the best national team to, and all based around having possession, not by soaking up pressure

Don't get me wrong, I'm talking here with more of a thought towards the future, it's how I want us to play, and I can assure you I was delighted with our win earlier, I just don't want that second half to be our defining factor in future performances

At the end of the day, the opposition cannot score when they dont have the ball,

You're really a weird one aren't you? Just enjoy yourself mate, we just beat the best team in the country and have won 4 games in a row.

It's a time to be encouraged.

Nah, not weird at all (really no need for the personal stuff). Just not prepared to get carried away.

Each to their own. I understand that for some today's result is all that matters.

We're getting a run of results, finally and that's down to a culmination of things. We look far more aggressive as a team, the approach to games has changed, all of a sudden things are positive again around the club and the players are feeding off that.

None of that takes away from the fact that Hodgson's a short term appointment, who has struggled to endear himself to sceptical support and is not someone who i'd be trusting to spend the funds that are now available.

In 20 years he's failed to stay in a job longer than 2 full seasons. I think he'll stay true to form, see us through to the end of the season, European places now a real possibility and then make way for a younger prospect, like Deschamps.

Juan, I know I'm coming across like Red Nicks evil twin here,

But are Chelsea really that much better than us? Man for man, they're really not, IMO anyway

I get your Harlem globetrotters comment, and it's fair enough, but I just our football philosophy to be forward thinking, not an antiquated style of scoring, then battening down the hatches

Why shouldn't we be looking at Spain, they have the best club teams. And the best national team to, and all based around having possession, not by soaking up pressure

Don't get me wrong, I'm talking here with more of a thought towards the future, it's how I want us to play, and I can assure you I was delighted with our win earlier, I just don't want that second half to be our defining factor in future performances

At the end of the day, the opposition cannot score when they dont have the ball,

I agree with this. Fantastic result and I'm celebrating like everyone else. I have no problem with defending a lead but would prefer to see it done by denying opposing teams possession - by playing football at the back if needs be.

Just enjoy yourself mate, we just beat the best team in the country and have won 4 games in a row.

It's a time to be encouraged.

I am enjoying having beaten Chelsea, but and I'm not sure if this is exactly what you meant but as far as Hodgson is concerned the only thing he should be encouraged to do is resign.

Results aren't everything, and the shit he's come out with in the last month in my opinion has totally crossed the line.

Undermining the protests was bad.

Insulting a manager who's done more in the game than he'll ever amount to in his entire life because he was sacked from a Turkish club and had the temerity to be linked with the Liverpool job, all this while he's burying his Dad was even worse.

Lying about the previous manager and using our greatest ever player to give it substance was utterly unforgivable.

And no amount of results in the win column will ever change my mind that he's a fucking cunt and a fraud.

I just don't want that second half to be our defining factor in future performances

We've played like that for 12 years, there's nothing new about it.

We tested ourselves against the best team in England and won. There's nothing to complain about....

....unless you're off on a mad rant about the coach saying "believe" rather than "belong" in an interview.

I am enjoying having beaten Chelsea, but and I'm not sure if this is exactly what you meant but as far as Hodgson is concerned the only thing he should be encouraged to do is resign.

Results aren't everything, and the shit he's come out with in the last month in my opinion has totally crossed the line.

Insulting a manager who's done more in the game than he'll ever amount to in his entire life because he was sacked from a Turkish club and had the temerity to be linked with the Liverpool job, all this while he's burying his Dad was even worse.

Lying about the previous manager and using our greatest ever player to give it substance was utterly unforgivable.

And no amount of results in the win column will ever change my mind that he's a fucking cunt and a fraud.

Even if I think that's a little extreme, I, too, have had a lot of trouble warming to him personally.

Oui.

So what's your take?

Tough times, transition throughout. As you must be aware, since you are a stickler for detail, I am not wholly supportive of the gaffer - but if you want to pick a bone, todays game (and punctuation) should be the least of your worries. I posted elsewhere that Mr. Hodgson (Roy that is, not his "father" who is helping him on this gig) is a band aid. Regardless of how deep the wound, at some point the band aid comes off. JH and Co are not a bunch of mooks, they have done this before, their punch list includes every aspect of the organization - they just have a longer wick than most fans. So far so good as far as I am concerned. Roy has done an about face after a "business lunch" - the last two games have seen an obvious change via a set of marching orders that have little to do with the dinosaur you mentioned.

We've played like that for 12 years, there's nothing new about it.

Atm, Chelsea have much better players, and are a better team than us. We tested ourselves against the best team in England and won. There's nothing to complain about....

....unless you're off on a mad rant about the coach saying "believe" rather than "belong" in an interview.

I didn't see his post match interview, I can't even watch skys half time punditry, so I'm basing my posts in what j belive, not on what andy grey tells me to belive

In football, they are.

I'm not getting into an argument with you, so we'll agree to disagree.

Tough times, transition throughout. As you must be aware, since you are a stickler for detail, I am not wholly supportive of the gaffer - but if you want to pick a bone, todays game (and punctuation) should be the least of your worries. I posted elsewhere that Mr. Hodgson (Roy that is, not his "father" who is helping him on this gig) is a band aid. Regardless of how deep the wound, at some point the band aid comes off. JH and Co are not a bunch of mooks, they have done this before, their punch list includes every aspect of the organization - they just have a longer wick than most fans. So far so good as far as I am concerned. Roy has done an about face after a "business lunch" - the last two games have seen an obvious change via a set of marching orders that have little to do with the dinosaur you mentioned.

Today's game was the very least of my worries. That's my point.

But thanks for the reponse.

Oh, and my ma says to tell you she's put the webcam back up.

Even if I think that's a little extreme, I, too, have had a lot of trouble warming to him personally.

It was the Kenny thing that pushed me over the edge Kev. I had deliberately held back from insulting him on whatever forum I was on and when I knew I wouldn't have any self control I just didn't bother going on to any LFC sites. But after what he said about Kenny & Rafa I just thought what was the point. I'm not going to make a habit of calling him a cunt, but nor am I going to go out of my way not to. It's sad that it's come to this but there you go.

I admit that these are my own personal lines that he's crossed and it's entirely subjective, and I'm certainly not going to pass judgment on others who are willing to give him time. And in some ways I'm rather envious of them, but I know deep down that I'll never accept him as Liverpool manager, and while part of that is down to my support of Rafa it doesn't explain all of it. For instance I would probably be far more inclined to give an extended chance to Pellegrini.

In football, they are.

I'm not getting into an argument with you, so we'll agree to disagree.

Not after 15 April 1992 they weren't.

And while Hodgson's failures in no way match "Loverpool" the point still stands.

I cheered when Thomas & Rush scored and Wright lifted the cup.

I wouldn't have pissed on Souness if he was on fire.

I take it Roy is the only football coach in the game to have ever said something wrong, or even vaguely out of order.

All the forecasts from Roy's detractors have been wrong in the past two weeks. This is a results business. We're getting them now. Bit later than we wanted mind, but better late than never. He keeps getting them, and he'll be here for a good long while yet.