You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US shows recommendations

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Breaking Bad..

Is just a brilliant show. It is refreshing to see a show shot in the way it is. I love it. Bryan Cranston (AKA Hal from Malcom in the Middle) is fuckin' great in it, isn't he.

Many thanks for all your suggestions. Have made a note of them all and will download them all. Most of the current US seasons will be coming to an end so will give me a chance to catch up with a few.

Started off with BSG and already downloaded the first two seasons. Have the Wire and Shield entire seasons to watch too.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm going to start watching Breaking bad tonight based on the recomendations, I slagged off 'how I met your mother' a few days ago and The Special One hasn't spoken to me since, fucking women.

How I Met Your Mother is quality.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I watched about 5 minutes of it and that was well enough, maybe I just didn't get it because it was painful and not funny in the slightest.

Exactly the same here.

Breaking Bad on the other hand, well, that's just one of the best shows around.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Breaking Bad is one of my favourite shows so I'm not wrong about How I Met Your Mother.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc, dude.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Carnivale

Eastbound and Down

Dexter

True Blood

Deadwood

Sopranos

Entourage

Lost

Curb

South Park

Arrested Development

Sons of Anarchy

Breaking Bad

American Dad

The Wire

Battlestar Galactica

Mad Men

Weeds

The Pacific

Band of Brothers

Generation Kill

Anyone have any recommendation based off these shows that I liked? I don't know any other good shows to download that I haven't seen already, I'm re-watching season 5 of lost now, it's so much better than the last season was.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Carnivale

Eastbound and Down

Dexter

True Blood

Deadwood

Sopranos

Lost

Curb

South Park

Arrested Development

Sons of Anarchy

Breaking Bad

American Dad

The Wire

Battlestar Galactica

Mad Men

Weeds

The Pacific

Band of Brothers

Generation Kill

Anyone have any recommendation based off these shows that I liked? I don't know any other good shows to download that I haven't seen already, I'm re-watching season 5 of lost now, it's so much better than the last season was.

Rescue Me.

About a flawed human and firefighter. Amazing writing, amazing comedy, amazing emotion and amazing lead performance.

Six Feet Under.

Life and opinion changing. Fucking powerful and has the best ending for a TV Show ever made. I cried my eyes out for a good 5/10 minutes at the ending. It helped form my views on death, on homosexuality, on many things.

House.

It's all about the main character, but he's one of the best leads on any TV show. Hugh Laurie brilliance. A Doctor with a dickie leg, drug addiction and high intelligence.

The Shield.

The police program. Vic Mackie and his boys are badass cops in LA. Bent as fuck.

I can't imagine you not liking them if you've liked top shows like The Sopranos. House is very good, but it's not quite the same format as the others.

For comedy I'd go with Community and Entourage.