You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US shows recommendations

I've watched 2 seasons so far of Dexter and have really struggled through it, apart from the back end of season 2 which was actually pretty good.

Season 2 of Sons was fuckin' superb. I can't wait for season 3 to return yet I've got season 3 of Dexter here to watch and haven't yet got meself round to it.

• 2 weeks later...
[YOUTUBE]yg46DWI_fCE[/YOUTUBE]

Proper version of that The Walking Dead trailer.

That looks fucking great and the fact that it's from Frank Darrabont and Gale Ann Hurd is a strong indication of quality. I love Lennie James too (although Andrew Lincoln is one irritating fucker. Happily his usual syrupy sweet pseudo-enunciation has been replaced by a dodgy Southern US accent in this though). Apparently on FX in October over here. Woo-hoo!

Boomtown was fucking rubbish.

Get lost Jules - you're fucking rubbish if you didn't like Boomtown. That whole Rashomon chronology thing is ace.

Southland was mentioned above, I think, and it is brilliant. Nothing especially original, but it's played straight and gritty which is always preferable to some of the high concept shite US telly has been a bit obsessed with of late.

I finally started getting into It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and it's hilarious. I don't know why it took me so long, every episode is great so far I've been flying through them.

How much you seen so far?

It's brilliant at times that show.

That looks fucking great and the fact that it's from Frank Darrabont and Gale Ann Hurd is a strong indication of quality. I love Lennie James too (although Andrew Lincoln is one irritating fucker. Happily his usual syrupy sweet pseudo-enunciation has been replaced by a dodgy Southern US accent in this though). Apparently on FX in October over here. Woo-hoo!

Get lost Jules - you're fucking rubbish if you didn't like Boomtown. That whole Rashomon chronology thing is ace.

Southland was mentioned above, I think, and it is brilliant. Nothing especially original, but it's played straight and gritty which is always preferable to some of the high concept shite US telly has been a bit obsessed with of late.

Boomtown started slowly and then must've had a creative 'nudge' from the network as it completely changed halfway through and dropped the whole Rashomon thing and became this terrible, terrible show. I remember one episode where Donnie Wahlberg's partner took on a whole gane. By himself. Killing them all in a shootout. It wasn't great and got worst.

Anyways, I've finally got round to watching my blu-ray of Mad Men; it's superb. Don Draper may be the smoothest bastard in history.

I've watched 2 seasons so far of Dexter and have really struggled through it, apart from the back end of season 2 which was actually pretty good.

Season 2 of Sons was fuckin' superb. I can't wait for season 3 to return yet I've got season 3 of Dexter here to watch and haven't yet got meself round to it.

Agreed on Dexter, although I managed to stay the course and it did get a lot better. The thing is, though, the dialogue is terrible and, with the exception of Dexter, the characterisation is poor, messy and often extremely simplistic. I can't think of a single other character who would be missed from the show and in a lot of cases I'm willing Dexter to kill them.

Since I'm having real trouble finding Treme anywhere, think I'll try out Rome or Breaking bad.

Got 6 episodes of The Shield till I have finished the whole 7 seasons. Really, really enjoyed it.

Next on the list is to restart with The Soprano's as I watched the first two seasons when they first came about but stopped watching.

Then it's The Wire. Then I'll probably work through some of the suggestions no here.

Oh and How I Met You're Mother is absolutely one of the biggest piles of shite I have ever had the displeasure of watching. Eye Aids.

Agreed on Dexter, although I managed to stay the course and it did get a lot better. The thing is, though, the dialogue is terrible and, with the exception of Dexter, the characterisation is poor, messy and often extremely simplistic. I can't think of a single other character who would be missed from the show and in a lot of cases I'm willing Dexter to kill them.

Since I'm having real trouble finding Treme anywhere, think I'll try out Rome or Breaking bad.

100% agreed on Dexter.

Finding as a torrent or what?

Breaking Bad is well worth a watch. Superb show.

Excellent taste my friend.

Saw episode 1 of treme but wasn't impressed.

Try watch-series.com with the www. In front.