Quantcast
What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast? - Page 291 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

198 members have voted

  1. 1. Beans with a full English?

    • Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
      124
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.
      63


Recommended Posts

Not sure about the tomato sausages - I've been fairly definite in the past that the optimum breakfast sausage is good quality pork, no additions. Not sold on Ulster fry either, mostly because I've never tasted it though.

 

Other than those minor points I reckon that's a good effort Bal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

...2 Ulster fry...

 

 

I thought the Ulster Fry was the Norn Iron version of the full English?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Overcooked eggs

undercooked bacon

Two sunburnt dicks

Two sausage that appear to have only been cooked on one side

 

No wonder you could not finish it, it’s mostly inedible.

Eggs were nice and really runny yokes. I cooked with the lid on the frying pan, so they cook slightly from the top. 

 

Sausages were great. Cooked well and really tasty. Only managed one of each. 

 

Bacon was cooked good for me too. Any more and it would be dry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trumo said:

 

I thought the Ulster Fry was the Norn Iron version of the full English?

Apparently its some kind of sliced processed meat. Breakfast spam? That's it under the bacon on Barry's plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trumo said:

 

I thought the Ulster Fry was the Norn Iron version of the full English?

I think it's that too. In Liverpool it's like a processed baconie/spam type of thing you grill or fry on your breakfast. I don't know if you can get it elsewhere, I've only ever seen it in Liverpool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Not sure about the tomato sausages - I've been fairly definite in the past that the optimum breakfast sausage is good quality pork, no additions. Not sold on Ulster fry either, mostly because I've never tasted it though.

 

Other than those minor points I reckon that's a good effort Bal. 

I love tomato sausage. They include pork and work great on a breakfast. I'm not sure I would eat them not on a breakfast (although I've cooked them and diced them into things in the past)

 

Ulster fry... Don't knock it till you've tried it!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I love tomato sausage. They include pork and work great on a breakfast. I'm not sure I would eat them not on a breakfast (although I've cooked them and diced them into things in the past)

 

Ulster fry... Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Sound mate. I've only pulled you on two things though. That's getting off lightly in this thread. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

 

 

IMG_20190824_104207.jpg

Going to print out a copy of this and pin it to the kitchen cupboard. Will remind me that my wife isn’t as bad a cook as I thought.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Going to print out a copy of this and pin it to the kitchen cupboard. Will remind me that my wife isn’t as bad a cook as I thought.

She's not bad in bed though.

 

I've heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beans are thankfully off-camera. The rest looks almost all ok apart from the two round bits of charcoal you think is black pudding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Beans are thankfully off-camera. The rest looks almost all ok apart from the two round bits of charcoal you think is black pudding.

Anubis arriving home from work.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of tomato sausage and it doesn't appeal to me but each to their own but not a bad effort overall Mr Wom.

 

Had to got into the Argos in Sainsbury's on Great Homer Street this morning so called into their cafe and went for the 'big breakfast'.

 

Two sausages - Well cooked and surprisingly not bad.

A mess of tangly  bacon - I think it amounted to two rashers but also not bad.

1 egg - Nicely fried and a good runny yolk.

1 hash brown - Looked nice and crispy but was soggy and luke warm by the time I ate it.

Some beans - Meh, beans is beans.

1 toast - One fucking toast with a 'big breakfast'. Cunts. Had to order a an extra one and request that they didn't cut them.

Half tomato - Luke warm and shite it was.

0 (zero) tea or coffee - That's right. No tea or coffee with a 'big breakfast' Shower of bastards.

 

£4.50p + £1.30 (tea) + 50p (toast) £6.20p all in.

 

 

20190824_093703.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Well here's a home made one today. I was home alone for breakfast, so tried to make something that will get me the other side of the match. It was too much for me, I couldn't finish it and couldn't fit my beans on the plate. 

 

2 bacon

2 Ulster fry

2 black pud

1 white pud

2 pork and pepper sausage

2 tomato sausage

2 eggs

2 home made hash brown

1 fried slice

 

It was a fucking shithole.  I couldn't finish it. 

 

IMG_20190824_104207.jpg

Uncooked bacon on top of one of Amy Whinehouses pumps. 

 

If you ate that I'd get your records chosen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Never heard of tomato sausage and it doesn't appeal to me but each to their own but not a bad effort overall Mr Wom.

 

Had to got into the Argos in Sainsbury's on Great Homer Street this morning so called into their cafe and went for the 'big breakfast'.

 

Two sausages - Well cooked and surprisingly not bad.

A mess of tangly  bacon - I think it amounted to two rashers but also not bad.

1 egg - Nicely fried and a good runny yolk.

1 hash brown - Looked nice and crispy but was soggy and luke warm by the time I ate it.

Some beans - Meh, beans is beans.

1 toast - One fucking toast with a 'big breakfast'. Cunts. Had to order a an extra one and request that they didn't cut them.

Half tomato - Luke warm and shite it was.

0 (zero) tea or coffee - That's right. No tea or coffee with a 'big breakfast' Shower of bastards.

 

£4.50p + £1.30 (tea) + 50p (toast) £6.20p all in.

 

 

20190824_093703.jpg

J64EL5.gif

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The BIG breakfast is a plate of beans and just enough stuff to make your own sandwich?

It would appear so.

 

Quite some naysaying going on here but not seeing any breakfasts to back themselves up.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It would appear so.

 

Quite some naysaying going on here but not seeing any breakfasts to back themselves up.

I made a pie last night so warmed the last of it up this morning. Didn't get up till about half 11 though so no harm done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Never heard of tomato sausage and it doesn't appeal to me but each to their own but not a bad effort overall Mr Wom.

 

Had to got into the Argos in Sainsbury's on Great Homer Street this morning so called into their cafe and went for the 'big breakfast'.

 

Two sausages - Well cooked and surprisingly not bad.

A mess of tangly  bacon - I think it amounted to two rashers but also not bad.

1 egg - Nicely fried and a good runny yolk.

1 hash brown - Looked nice and crispy but was soggy and luke warm by the time I ate it.

Some beans - Meh, beans is beans.

1 toast - One fucking toast with a 'big breakfast'. Cunts. Had to order a an extra one and request that they didn't cut them.

Half tomato - Luke warm and shite it was.

0 (zero) tea or coffee - That's right. No tea or coffee with a 'big breakfast' Shower of bastards.

 

£4.50p + £1.30 (tea) + 50p (toast) £6.20p all in.

 

 

20190824_093703.jpg

The breakie looks nicer than you've described!

 

As for tomato sausage, you should be able to get them in any butcher on Liverpool, I've never been to one that doesn't have a variation on them. Some are better than others as with all sausage, but I mostly like them all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

The breakie looks nicer than you've described!

 

As for tomato sausage, you should be able to get them in any butcher on Liverpool, I've never been to one that doesn't have a variation on them. Some are better than others as with all sausage, but I mostly like them all 

Bexleys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×