You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We only sing when we're winning

Gav

This weekend showed some wonderful contrasts in fans attitudes ...

on one hand you had the Animals for Leeds singin non stop for their team at home ,eggin em on non stop and helped their team get the points .....

then we look at saturday , and after 72 secs that was it .Nothing

Game was awful , worse than my all time ultimate of Derby durin the treble season ,but christ there was nothing from the fans at all.Only seemed to wake up when Pongo came on .

The thing is Leeds have got rid of about 3 managers recently and the fans forced the chairman out and they realise now they're in the shit and are getting behind them as theres no-one else to shout their venom out. We would if we were in a relegation battle but our seasons over, stuck in mid-table.

In 208 on Satdee and I swear I never shut up singing for the whole game and pissed a lot of people off. Me, me mate beside me, two over at the very end of the Kop and two up the back (Tetti from RAWK?) tried to get it going, but nobody wanted to know Gav.

Lad beside me said "What do you think the seats are there for?" when everyone stood up to see Semmy down in the far corner first-half.

As I say, in the Ground, I just sing - it's only when I get out do I complain.

Was in 102 on saturday, there was one guy in row 22 in front of me, who was excellent, he never shut up singing for the 90 mins, he even sang 'O come all ye faithful', top class. I joined in for most of it but there were literally 5 of us. Anyway in the middle of the second half a steward came down and told him to calm down and that he was f-ing etc and some fans somewhere took exception. Being honest he was just supporting the team, i didn't hear masses of abusive language from him but there were people in the main stand looking over at him, answer them better to join in.

Guest Stormbringer

"Was in 102 on saturday, there was one guy in row 22 in front of me, who was excellent, he never shut up singing for the 90 mins, he even sang 'O come all ye faithful', top class. I joined in for most of it but there were literally 5 of us. Anyway in the middle of the second half a steward came down and told him to calm down and that he was f-ing etc and some fans somewhere took exception. "

Would a steward kick someone out for booing???

They fucking should!

How can you be told ur getting too excited!

From what it sounded like he should have been applauded for getting excited.

And every proper fan should complain about boo boys.

Are people who boo people who sing I doubt it cos they have no guts or heart or soul. Total bollox behaviour. Pissed off then moan outside and on a forum or to your mates or the wife or just kick the dog but please don't act like every other football fan from other clubs. If we had equalised or even snatched two late goals the place would have erupted and what would 1/2 time boos have seemed like.

I don't subscribe to players not trying, I do subscribe to them being motivated to perform. The management and the fans have a responsibility.

We must fulfill ours.

Players might play for great fans, would you play for shit fans. The shirt is the fans, they play for us. So get behind them for 2hrs on a Saturday. Not two lots of 43 mins then vent your feelings.

How would you feel if we were one nil up and the players reacted to the recent non atmos by holding up a sign saying ur shit fans?

Thats what booing is. It's abuse. Stay quiet to display displeasure, make the players change the silence. They can't reverse the boos.

Nuff said I think I am more angry at booing than anything to do with the team the players or the manager or 9th again!

:no :thumbdown :angry:

I agree completely with that.

You booing a player is as bad as if Sami turned round to Kirky and statred booing him.

We are meant to be pulling together. The fact that one of us is acting like a buffoon and talking bollox in post match interview shouldn't alter that.

Through the storm......no actually i'll just turn on you, cheers!

"Would a steward kick someone out for booing???"

I would certainly hope so!, the funny thing was the people who I gathered complained about the guy in the row in front of me were as quiet as mice during the game, the only time I heard anything from them was at half time when they booed. They were gone by full time. They were probably outside queueing for the club shop. Maybe thats the type of fan the club wants, as opposed to the signing/ supportive type.

Exactly its the clubs fault fans like that come into Anfield and that's what helps to pay the players ridiculous wage demands, so the players can't complain. That's why Roy Keane didn't have a leg to stand on over prawn sandwiches, when it was he who held the club to ransom over his wage demands.

There was an idiot infront of me with a santa hate on, who booed at half time with both his hands on the side of his mouth and then 15 minutes later gave them a standing ovation onto the pitch for the 2nd half. Gave Heskey down the banks all game, sang his name when he scored, got behind the team for a bit after a goal, then booed them off at the end.

Did you see the crew who had flashing raindeer antleers. I saw them on the way in. A southampton fan walking in front of me looked in amasement and walked away with a grin on his face. Another londoner turned to his daughter, wife & son and made a joke of the secure car park sign, when we were on the 26.*twat*

Altogether :no

Guest Stormbringer

All the fanzines should do a piece on this booing shite and explain how Liverpool is supported. I am a full on OOTer but I took the time to learn, to talk to people and to respect the right way. Flyers should be passed to those entering the shop or in the pubs. Thats the ones looking strangely at the group chanting and singing, not the regulars.

I feel honoured when I get to Anfield, I respect the values and love them.

I treat it like going into my best friends home. I treat it as mine but I respect the rules and traditions. Being part of 42000 in Anfield is for me and my lad a very precious thing not to be dishonoured or brought into disrepute.

I hope that the real fans I hear talking on these pages that are at every match take these people on and question them at the time. To be honest I would rather expose my lad to the foul expletives from the terraces (mostly me I suppose) than to the spectacle of reds booing reds!:angry:

Guest Original202

I'm confused now.

In the treble season our results against Derby were:

1-1 At Home

4-0 Away

The season after when we beat them 1-0 Away it was Owen that scored

The season when the smallest player on the pitch scored a header was 98-99 and it was Deon Burton.

Titi scored at Derby in 99-00 when we beat them 2-0.

Cant think what game is supposed to be being referred to here.

Originally posted by Original202

I'm confused now.

In the treble season our results against Derby were:

1-1 At Home

4-0 Away

The season after when we beat them 1-0 Away it was Owen that scored

The season when the smallest player on the pitch scored a header was 98-99 and it was Deon Burton.

Titi scored at Derby in 99-00 when we beat them 2-0.

Cant think what game is supposed to be being referred to here.

Who scored for us in the 1-1 cos I think that is what Gav is referring to. I can't remember for the life of me anything about that game