You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Conflict in Afghanistan

Section_31

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'd answer this if I understood it.

It’s pretty straightforward. Areas of high unemployment send recruits to the Armed Forces because of a lack of other opportunities. Do the Liberal Democrats still back austerity and cuts of public services that have hit those same areas harder, while clamouring for democracy and human rights in another country? 

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Bit late on this, probably already mentioned but pardon my stupidity would it not have been easier not to wait till the Talban took over knowing it would have to happen to evacuate people? After all it wasn’t the Sally Army coming with tea and biscuits.

Apparently they were all took by surprise at the speed of the taliban advance.

A correspondent on r4 last week was saying it would take months for the Taliban to take Kabul.

However surely when the Americans signed the deal with the Taliban they would have knew this was coming?

Of course this would have took an iota of competence.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Johnson should be in Kabul sorting this out and forging a new relationship . He good regale the Tallyhos with tales of life at Eton and recite Gunga Din word for word.  

I agree. He should be out there mingling with the lads and telling them how their women look like "letterboxes". Go on Boris, you can do it! You'll be perfectly safe!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, A Red said:

I give up, even when I eventually get you to understand it you'll say "I was joking"

So you have no answer as to why he should have criticised the Taliban? Right.

I assume you didn't watch the parliamentary debate today when the general feeling and discussion was about how we've made a twat of it and how we need to ensure the people are looked after as best as possible. I won't say "I was joking" why would I? Understand what? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

So you have no answer as to why he should have criticised the Taliban? Right.

I assume you didn't watch the parliamentary debate today when the general feeling and discussion was about how we've made a twat of it and how we need to ensure the people are looked after as best as possible. I won't say "I was joking" why would I? Understand what? 

Seriously, you keep doing this and I haven't the time or patience to keep you on track and understand the points I made. 

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

Seriously, you keep doing this and I haven't the time or patience to keep you on track and understand the points I made. 

Doing what? You just don't have an answer that's what you're losing patience with. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Doing what? You just don't have an answer that's what you're losing patience with. 

For fucks sake.

No I didn't listen to the debate today, yes I do think the west fucked up and should take as many refugees as possible. I've never stated other fucking wise.

I think that the role of the Taliban should always be considered, particularly when your MP man does a tweet trying to summarise the situation. I don't think politicians should be calling them murderous cunts, even though they are, but condemning them at every opportunity and not just keeping their gobs shut about it. Meanwhile I want all diplomatic attempts made to save further lives. I think your man is being silly when talking about reparations in that tweet.

Hopefully this sums it up for you. 

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

For fucks sake.

No I didn't listen to the debate today, yes I do think the west fucked up and should take as many refugees as possible. I've never stated other fucking wise.

I think that the role of the Taliban should always be considered, particularly when your MP man does a tweet trying to summarise the situation. I don't think politicians should be calling them murderous cunts, even though they are, but condemning them at every opportunity and not just keeping their gobs shut about it. Meanwhile I want all diplomatic attempts made to save further lives. I think your man is being silly when talking about reparations in that tweet.

Hopefully this sums it up for you. 

That wasn't hard was it. 

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I have learnt  that helping out the afghan people financially is fucking stupid if advocated by a labour politician. 

Nah, you’ve learned that Richard Burgon is a fucking moron but you’ll jump behind him if anyone criticises him because he’s in your team. 

Anyone giving money to the Taliban is a fucking moron.  If they give it to say the Red Cross or such like and not the government then I’m all for it.  Hope this helps.  Although I doubt it will. Now, keep scanning the sky for the Twat Signal in case anyone else badmouths a Labour politician. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, A Red said:

Is this a joke?

No. 

Richard Burgon is a prick, that much is true. But I'll await you all jumping on every MP who spoke today who didn't condemn the Taliban...... Oh. 

Did he even say give money to the Taliban? I'm not sure he did.